(Topic ID: 349455)

It is official - Jaws is announced !

By Sunapee-007

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you order it without trying it first?”

• Yes 38 votes
      24%
    • No 95 votes
      61%
    • Will wait for reviews to decide 24 votes
      15%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C4A518A-D2D5-4CD1-BD77-33A191499B19 (resized).jpeg
    2b5ead8c-3583-4431-a21e-18c3d609c8cb_text.gif
    jaws (resized).jpg
    #2 6 months ago

yessssss as was posted in the many already established threads

#4 6 months ago

What's the current over/under on another Jaws thread?

#5 6 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

There's only 3 threads. One is a hype thread (pre the release) and the other is a thread that's 7 years old.

I'd rather we start a new thread for a new machine.

JAWS BY ELWIN! Winner!

IBTL just in case... but to me THIS should be the thread. Let the noobie have it.

#6 6 months ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

There's only 3 threads. One is a hype thread (pre the release) and the other is a thread that's 7 years old.
    I'd rather we start a new thread for a new machine.
    JAWS BY ELWIN! Winner!
    IBTL just in case... but to me THIS should be the thread. Let the noobie have it.

Fair enough, let’s see how many more of these threads get posted in the next few days

#7 6 months ago

No room or monies
    I'll be playing this kne at friend's...can't wait! Would be rhe first Elwin I haven't owned.

#8 6 months ago

We're gonna need a bigger thread.

#9 6 months ago
    Quoted from Casual:

We're gonna need a bigger thread.

Not bigger....just more of them.

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

There will be at least 2 more

"Is Jaws fun"
    "Should I buy Jaws or Godzilla"

#11 6 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There will be at least 2 more
    "Is Jaws fun"
    "Should I buy Jaws or Godzilla"

You forgot "Jaws Pro or Prem?"

#12 6 months ago

"Jaws Owners Thread"

"Who are the idiots that actually bought Jaws?"

#13 6 months ago

I'm cautiously excited. It's got the bones of a good pin but if there's no "shark toy eats ball" I'm going to be disappointed.

#14 6 months ago
    Quoted from Doknkeyshaunjr:

It's got the bones of a good pin

It does?

This is exciting!

#15 6 months ago

Begin Dream Journaling!

#16 6 months ago

With all these pre order post, the market is about to be “flooded” with games. Expect values to reflect the surplus supply.

#17 6 months ago

" Jaws...sink or swim?"

#18 6 months ago

I'm more interested in how many people will buy it, rate it the best pin ever then sell it a week later.

#19 6 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I'm more interested in how many people will buy it, rate it the best pin ever then sell it a week later.

38 people.

#20 6 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

The standard amount.

#21 6 months ago

Is it too soon to say "15k by Christmas"? Hope to see and play it at TPF.

#22 6 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

no movie assets either.

#23 6 months ago

6600 to 7600 for premiums 5500 to 6k for pros 9 to 10 k le’s by Xmas 2025 for jaws ,Ha said it ! Ball spike !

#24 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

6600 to 7600 for premiums 5500 to 6k for pros 9 to 10 k le’s by Xmas 2025 for jaws ,Ha said it ! Ball spike !

Spot on.

Will the FOMO train pick up steam before the drop?

#25 6 months ago

I have to assume Stern is leaking things on purpose. The game play doesn't seem at this point like it has the same variety as Godzilla based on the game play clip someone got hands on... https://streamable.com/xi7cpn?src=player-page-share

I might pull the trigger on Godzilla now and wait the year for a premium to be on used market.

#26 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

I have to assume Stern is leaking things on purpose.

You would think Since Pinside has been allowing pics & footage for over 12 hours.

#27 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You would think Since Pinside has been allowing pics & footage for over 12 hours.

Of course they are. Builds Fomo.

#28 6 months ago
    2b5ead8c-3583-4431-a21e-18c3d609c8cb_text.gif2b5ead8c-3583-4431-a21e-18c3d609c8cb_text.gif
    #29 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

I have to assume Stern is leaking things on purpose.

Pinside too, as usual!
    7C4A518A-D2D5-4CD1-BD77-33A191499B19 (resized).jpeg7C4A518A-D2D5-4CD1-BD77-33A191499B19 (resized).jpeg

#30 6 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Pinside too, as usual!
    [quoted image]

Well, that's definitely not a picture of the PHOF. Too many working urinals.

#31 6 months ago

However it does reflect how Stern is treating customers in some regard.

I thought the better of it, then still pulled the trigger for the LE machine and was lucky enough to get one. The fact you have to pay $39.99 for All-Access membership was a bit of a farce too, but I paid it.

So roll the clock ahead 24 hours, and they have already hit the credit card for the $13,500 (what was I thinking), but no hint of when machine will ship. I reached out and got a very nice response from Stern sales...."Congratulations! I don’t yet have a firm build date for the LE’s, but it should begin early to mid February. Thank you for the purchase, I know you’re going to love it! "

Thank you, really? February? What's to love if you have to wait when you order it directly from Stern sight basically unseen?

Hindsight.......

#32 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

I thought the better of it, then still pulled the trigger for the LE machine and was lucky enough to get one. The fact you have to pay $39.99 for All-Access membership was a bit of a farce too, but I paid it.
    So roll the clock ahead 24 hours, and they have already hit the credit card for the $13,500 (what was I thinking), but no hint of when machine will ship. I reached out and got a very nice response from Stern sales...."Congratulations! I don’t yet have a firm build date for the LE’s, but it should begin early to mid February. Thank you for the purchase, I know you’re going to love it! "
    Thank you, really? February? What's to love if you have to wait when you order it directly from Stern sight basically unseen?
    Hindsight.......

Dude. What did you think? You'd buy the game and it would magically appear in your living room tomorrow? Did they make that promise?

Did you also think you'd buy a $13,500 pinball machine, and they just wouldn't charge you for it? Why are you surprised there's a charge on your credit card?

You'll have the game in a month or two. Relax.

#33 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

Hindsight.......

Congrats on the purchase. Mid-late Feb is right where many would guess based on how they build titles in certain orders.

Also, consider joining NEPL. League starts next week. PM me if interested and I’ll tell you the good spots and answer any questions. Lots of us have bought NIB Sterns and can explain the build process in greater detail.

#34 6 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude. What did you think? You'd buy the game and it would magically appear in your living room tomorrow? Did they make that promise?
    Did you also think you'd buy a $13,500 pinball machine, and they just wouldn't charge you for it? Why are you surprised there's a charge on your credit card?
    You'll have the game in a month or two. Relax.

The surprise part was that they didn't have enough for the all-access launch sale to ship inside of the 6 week build. I fully expected the charge, have no issues with that - normal business practice. The fact they didn't build enough (of all versions) to at least get some shipped out a week or two after the official launch at the show to keep the excitement growing with people posting how (well) it plays. They did after all have a couple of years to plan this out, but maybe this is the all part of the master plan to build excitement as we all sit back and "relax for a month or two"

All good in the end.

#35 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

The surprise part was that they didn't have enough for the all-access launch sale to ship inside of the 6 week build. I fully expected the charge, have no issues with that - normal business practice. The fact they didn't build enough (of all versions) to at least get some shipped out a week or two after the official launch at the show to keep the excitement growing with people posting how (well) it plays. They did after all have a couple of years to plan this out, but maybe this is the all part of the master plan to build excitement as we all sit back and "relax for a month or two"
    All good in the end.

Since carguments are ALWAYS the best way to parallel things, Stern is like Ford. Many people here bought "Explorers" yesterday. You bought the Eddie Bauer limited edition. To set up a line for a specific production run takes time (money). So you run a ton of one trim package at once so you're not changing out the line all the time.

LE's are all run together. They won't run "just enough of all versions to ship some at launch" because their unit costs would increase. So they'll run some base Explorers as a batch, some Eddie Bauer's as a batch, and some premium trims as a batch. And they usually refrain from having the Eddie Bauer's as the first run because A) there's additional parts needed (extra lead time), and B) they don't want to use the LE as the initial run in case something goes wrong.

#36 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

Hindsight.......

Stern's turnaround is pretty amazing if you think about the number of pins produced annually compared to any other manufacturer. Per this last Stern Of The Union post, "The Move" segment was F'n amazing how quick/efficient their relocation process was (appeared). That's a large company with tons of significant sized tooling equipment. Not necessarily easy. With that said, look at the number of issues flying out the door with every pin sold. Making service techs out of most of us whether you like/accept it or not. Followed by the repetitive bitch/moan posts. That's why when it comes to CGC and my PF, take your time fellas and get that shit right the first time! Though the wait is no less painful.

#37 6 months ago

could not agree more and why i decided to go with a Stern machine as my first. Just how well they issue software for new and older machine in a seamless way deserve loads of credit. The video of the move say a lot about how they run th eompany.

#38 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sunapee-007:

All good in the end.

Welcome to how this works with Stern.
    They announce game
    Within 2-3 weeks they build Pro's for public play locations
    After the Pro's they build ALL the LE's, the first half ship over seas and then the second half ship to the US.
    AFTER the LE's then Premiums get built.

You are at least 6 weeks out.

THIS IS NORMAL

Lastly, you could have probably saved yourself a grand by buying from a distributor. NEVER buy from Stern direct, it's a rip off.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.