(Topic ID: 21655)

It Is August, Anyone have their WOZ as of yet ? a couple of questions please ?

By Bribo13

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Frankie.jpg
th_troll-1.gif
owned.gif
troll_sign.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

YES, bribo! We all have our machines! It's great!! Quick...get yours now!

th_troll-1.gifth_troll-1.gif

#52 11 years ago

Whysnow = Troll Buster!!!!!
Now back to our regularly scheduled program

#53 11 years ago

there seems to be an inside joke prevelant in this thread that I'm not in on...

as far as I can see, the guy asked a question about the release of WOZ, then proceeded to get gangbanged for being a troll. I am not familiar w the OP.

would anyone like to shed some light on this for me?

-jon

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

as far as I can see, the guy asked a question about the release of WOZ, then proceeded to get gangbanged for being a troll. I am not familiar w the OP.

You'll have to read the whole thing to get the gist.You missed a step in your synopsis.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

-jon

From this thread ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-pics-1/page/2 ) two months ago Bribo said
"How many of us will still be Alive to play this machine When / if they ship ? is there a New shipping date ???
JMO but nothing could live up to the unrealistic hype and expectations that this machine has created.
There is no where but Down for this machine to go. to much hype. maybe I am wrong ?
Not likely."

By the way, I guess we should go to "much hype", wherever that is

#56 11 years ago

Gotcha, thanks.

Makes more sense now.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

-jon

There is no inside joke here.

The guy asked a question that he obviously already knew the answer to given his previous posts. Given the nature of the topic and that he already knew the answer it appears that his real intent was a back handed slap to JJP for not having WoZ in the hands of customers yet.

In other words, it appears that he was just trolling for a reaction from people rather than actually posing a sincere yet ignorant question that would easily be answered in about 3 seconds

>>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jersey+jack+pinball

#58 11 years ago

I don't even know why the guy would even care knowing that his collection is a bunch of dinosaurs.

#59 11 years ago

There is a guy in MI that won an ECLE at the pinball show that only has games from the 70's.

I'm not sure if that's the same guy or why he would continually post the same thing, but that could be why a guy would care with a collection full of dinos.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get in this boys soul.

I think you mean boy's hole

Quoted from bigehrl:

why can't anyone just answer his question?
if he's a troll,.......... so what?
no one has woz. hasn't been completed yet. but soon it'll be ready, which it seems to be at around 90%. so, no opinions yet, but looks cool...
if you're gonna troll w this info, i hope it steers you towards buying one and throwing the dice, cuz it's cool looking and innovative.
-jon

Probably a little late to jump on Predator regardless.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

There is a guy in MI that won an ECLE at the pinball show that only has games from the 70's.
I'm not sure if that's the same guy or why he would continually post the same thing, but that could be why a guy would care with a collection full of dinos.

If you are getting something so expensive for free essentially, you are not going to be a dick about it unless you have a douchebag personality.

Also, when is Predator going to actually be built and shipped?

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

As far as I can see, the guy asked a question about the release of WOZ, then proceeded to get gangbanged for being a troll. I am not familiar w the OP.

Would anyone like to shed some light on this for me?

I was absolutely willing to give Bribo the benefit of the doubt, but given his past comment concerning WOZ, it's hard to view this thread as anything but stirring the pot.

#63 11 years ago

I wouldn't be unhappy if this thread was closed.....just sayin'

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They were talking about October but I personally think first quarter next year. Who knows tho. Haven't seen anything since the white wood beta in april

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you are getting something so expensive for free essentially, you are not going to be a dick about it unless you have a douchebag personality.

+1 on that DC....

As for Predator, probably never.....but is a great theme nonetheless.....

Take a peek at the love fest over on the Predator thread...the smartest thing SkitB ever did was not ask for a dime up front!.....can you imagine what that thread would look like if people had to put up even a hundred bucks, the poor guy would be ripped to shreds....

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for Predator, probably never.....but is a great theme nonetheless.....

Why never?

I've played it, I've seen the video animations and scoring. They have been at many shows with game in tow.

They said "next year" for production, so they are not even late yet.

The best part about those guys is that they did not steal anybody's money.

They did not ask for a single penny from me. You just sign up and when the game is completed and ready THEN you fork over your cash.

#67 11 years ago

Because I think it ain't happening. As in never. I hope it does but I believe it when they start asking for money. Let's see how patient people are then.

#68 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Frank. Not sure it's a better place because of that tho...

Frankie.jpgFrankie.jpg

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because I think it ain't happening. As in never. I hope it does but I believe it when they start asking for money. Let's see how patient people are then.

You seem upset we aren't whining like the WoZ guys. SkitB could take another two years. At least theyre here and talking to the fans.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who had any money stolen, or who stole it ?

LTG

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You seem upset we aren't whining like the WoZ guys. SkitB could take another two years. At least theyre here and talking to the fans.

Communication is not a problem for the WOZ preorderers. JJP have communicated plenty and still are. Let's see how much communication SkitB give if and when they get to a similar stage of development as WOZ is now...

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't even know why the guy would even care knowing that his collection is a bunch of dinosaurs.

Man you took the thought right out of my brain

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Let's see how much communication SkitB give if and when they get to a similar stage of development as WOZ is now..

In some ways they are ahead of WOZ.

Their video display works, has animations, scoring, everything.

Many people have played the game at major shows, during beta testing. Their different modes are fun. Color changes to set mood is very cool too.

I know they said that the playfield artwork and toys are going to be a surprise, but other than that mystery, they have an almost completed game.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why never?
I've played it, I've seen the video animations and scoring. They have been at many shows with game in tow.
They said "next year" for production, so they are not even late yet.
They did not ask for a single penny from me. You just sign up and when the game is completed and ready THEN you fork over your cash.

Who stole anyone's money?

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Communication is not a problem for the WOZ preorderers. JJP have communicated plenty and still are. Let's see how much communication SkitB give if and when they get to a similar stage of development as WOZ is now...

Well, you like wizard of oz. I like predator. We could argue speculation all day but its Friday and I've gotta date with the bottle.

#76 11 years ago

Blah Blah Blah

#77 11 years ago

Is SkitB (why that name???) independently wealthy, or does he have a deep-pockets backer? (I don't know the answer to this.) Because he'll need one. It's pretty easy to build one or two prototypes. To produce a pin in quantity is a whole 'nutha ballgame. LOTS of money is needed up front to place orders and pay vendors up front--they are not going to produce new tooling, buy raw materials, produce lots of parts, etc. all on credit for a fledgling and unproven company. Everything from playfield cutting/printing to cabinets and audio components and processor/power boards to lighting and displays and every little socket and switch and bracket and toy has to be set up and produced by somebody. And from what I've seen, it makes no economic sense to produce small groups of pins--if you're going to make a few hundred or more, best to do them all at once. Vendors prefer "one run and done" to a bunch of incremental orders for custom stuff.

Again, I have no clue about the Predator business plan (if there is one) but JJP's makes total sense to me. Without an infrastructure in place and a previous game to help fund the next one, the money has to come from somewhere--up front.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It's pretty easy to build one or two prototypes. To produce a pin in quantity is a whole 'nutha ballgame. LOTS of money is needed up front to place orders and pay vendors up front--they are not going to produce new tooling, buy raw materials, produce lots of parts, etc. all on credit for a fledgling and unproven company. Everything from playfield cutting/printing to cabinets and audio components and processor/power boards to lighting and displays and every little socket and switch and bracket and toy has to be set up and produced by somebody. And from what I've seen, it makes no economic sense to produce small groups of pins--if you're going to make a few hundred or more, best to do them all at once. Vendors prefer "one run and done" to a bunch of incremental orders for custom stuff.

Again, I have no clue about the Predator business plan (if there is one) but JJP's makes total sense to me. Without an infrastructure in place and a previous game to help fund the next one, the money has to come from somewhere--up front.

What I meant to say but was too lazy to go into the detail.......

If JJ is having trouble sourcing some parts and broken promises from suppliers what do you think is going to happen in this case with zero up front money?.......Hey, I hope it works out but I seriously doubt it unless they are independently wealthy and just don't care about the money

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You seem upset we aren't whining like the WoZ guys.

Nobody is whining or bitching right now because you haven't put up a dime......and its for good reason....like I said, let's see what happens when the money starts flowing....I love the theme though, much better than WOZ....but that's it....

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Is SkitB (why that name???) independently wealthy, or does he have a deep-pockets backer? (I don't know the answer to this.) Because he'll need one. It's pretty easy to build one or two prototypes. To produce a pin in quantity is a whole 'nutha ballgame. LOTS of money is needed up front to place orders and pay vendors up front--they are not going to produce new tooling, buy raw materials, produce lots of parts, etc. all on credit for a fledgling and unproven company. Everything from playfield cutting/printing to cabinets and audio components and processor/power boards to lighting and displays and every little socket and switch and bracket and toy has to be set up and produced by somebody. And from what I've seen, it makes no economic sense to produce small groups of pins--if you're going to make a few hundred or more, best to do them all at once. Vendors prefer "one run and done" to a bunch of incremental orders for custom stuff.

Aren't you in (or part of the team even?) on BHZA? Are those guys independently wealthy or have deep pockets?

Please advise.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Aren't you in (or part of the team even?) on BHZA? Are those guys independently wealthy or have deep pockets?
Please advise.

I'm just helping with some side issues. The point being discussed/made is that startups like JJP and JPOP can get things going and spec/order components using the pre-order money. STern can use their operating capital and recent sales to buy parts for their next game. (And it's a *lot* of money if you add up the total component/processing costs per machine.) What I was wondering is how SkitB is gonna come up with this cash (easily in the neighborhood of $1M+ for several hundred games) to order parts for production?

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey, I hope it works out but I seriously doubt it unless they are independently wealthy and just don't care about the money

Both those guys have serious cash, have you seen the shoes they wear?

#83 11 years ago

July 2018

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

they are not going to produce new tooling

what tooling? using existing williams componets, PROC system, ramps are vacuum formed (not exactly tooled). Raw materials, yes. 500 pieces is a LOT of upfront cost. Either they are getting a short term loan, or vendors have agreed to a 90-day grace period before payment (better build fast).

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what tooling? using existing williams componets, PROC system, ramps are vacuum formed (not exactly tooled). Raw materials, yes. 500 pieces is a LOT of upfront cost. Either they are getting a short term loan, or vendors have agreed to a 90-day grace period before payment (better build fast).

Vacuum-formed ramps need the ramp forms. Are they using leftover stock playfields too, or does someone have to set up *their* exact pattern with hols/recesses for all inserts, mounting hardware, etc. Any custom toys? Not a single custom ballguide or bracket in the entire game? I doubt that.... Plus, setting up the artwork to print everything (cab decals, pf's, plastics, translites) isn't cheap either.

I wouldn't want to be stuck with a 90-day grace period for something as complex as a pinball machine. Unless they plan on collecting some downpayments later in the game, when they're ready to start placing the major orders for parts. That should work too.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Vacuum-formed ramps need the ramp forms.

They already have the ramp forms done.

Quoted from StevenP:

re they using leftover stock playfields too, or does someone have to set up *their* exact pattern with hols/recesses for all inserts, mounting hardware, etc.

They had a CNC shop run their playfields.

The "set up" is a CNC file. A cutting list, if you will, that is made from a CAD drawing. Already done.

This is how a CNC router cuts the playfields:

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

this is how a CNC router cuts the playfields:

cool!

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They already have the ramp forms done.

They had a CNC shop run their playfields.
The "set up" is a CNC file. A cutting list, if you will, that is made from a CAD drawing. Already done.
This is how a CNC router cuts the playfields:
» YouTube video

That's pretty cool. Didn't Gary Stern used to say that he had the only press that was needed to make playfields? (Or something like that...)

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

That's pretty cool. Didn't Gary Stern used to say that he had the only press that was needed to make playfields? (Or something like that...)

The press Gary is talking about is like a bed of nails - it's used to dimple the playfield for alignment of small wood screws. It's faster than a CNC for that purpose, but for holes that tiny, a CNC router can dimple a playfield in less than a minute.

#90 11 years ago

Yep, I would think they ought to be able to make a play field with today's technology if they can create actual tissue with inkjet printer technology...

It will be interesting to see how it plays out....a great theme....so its 1/2 down when they start the machine and the other 1/2 when it ships? Have they got a firm price yet?

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, I would think they ought to be able to make a play field with today's technology if they can create actual tissue with inkjet printer technology...
It will be interesting to see how it plays out....a great theme....so its 1/2 down when they start the machine and the other 1/2 when it ships? Have they got a firm price yet?

Well, I guess this is back on-topic, as I've seen comments that WOZ is using some print-to-wood technology for some of their components (cabinets for sure, not sure about playfields).

#92 11 years ago

Playfield and cabinet will be printed and clear coted both in the same way. Direct print on wood.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Didn't Gary Stern used to say that he had the only press that was needed to make playfields?

He continues to say to this day that you can't build pinballs without one. It's kind of sad, really.

#94 11 years ago

Looks like the OP never responded to the past quotation.

Noteworthy.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

He continues to say to this day that you can't build pinballs without one. It's kind of sad, really.

Hahaha....I guess times are a changing...poor Gary...what century is he living in?

#96 11 years ago

I got my WOZ a couple days ago. The power cuts of intermittently and the it gives me shocks when the ball drains. It smells like an vintage clothing store and only has three legs. I LOVE IT!!

#97 11 years ago

LOL. The best thing about going out of town for a few days is coming back and catching up on threads like this one! Hilarious stuff!

#98 11 years ago

This makes no sense, or logic.
I guess you have not ordered one then.

#99 11 years ago

Please get this bloody game out there so there are no more threads about it.
I am well and truly over everything woz related and am absolutely astounded it has caused this much hype.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

This makes no sense, or logic.
I guess you have not ordered one then.

I think he means when Wayne will finally have MM repro done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-is-august-anyone-have-their-woz-as-of-yet-a-couple-of-questions-please/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.