New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 52328)

it is annoying when:

By maddog14

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Captive_Ball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-8.jpeg
    th-7.jpeg
    th-6.jpeg
    pound-of-flesh.jpg
    theyre-equals-they-fucking-are.jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

My local people do not post on the local CL, but on the Chicago CL.

Yes, I know why they do it, but it is still annoying.

#2 7 years ago

...thread titles aren't complete.

#3 7 years ago

The middle of my sentence interrupts the beginning of someone else's...

#4 7 years ago

It could also be an invitation to fill in the blank with your own annoying thought. Hence the colon. Which you guys most certainly figured out. Cheers!

#5 7 years ago

....The shipping costs too much for a pin to go from one coast to another.

#6 7 years ago

....I don't capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

#7 7 years ago

...Gary and Jack won't hug it out.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Hence the colon.

...People talk about their colons.

#9 7 years ago

....When people post there game for sale in the thread titles and dont put there general location and you have to click on it and search through the ad that tells you all about the game and then MAYBE it will say where there located. Or worse yet I have to go into there profile page and hopefully find it there. Ugh !!

O' and dont get me started on the people that post a game for sale without a price. ARGH !!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#10 7 years ago

You don't like playing "Guess the price, location and condition" game? It's one of my favorites.

#11 7 years ago

...as soon as I decide I really want a specific pin, it becomes the "in pin" of the moment and everyone wants one!

#12 7 years ago

I do put Northwest Indiana but it posts is Chicago.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I do put Northwest Indiana but it posts is Chicago.

We'll even thats better then nothing.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

#14 7 years ago

I figured that was your Fun House, but I guess not

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

I figured that was your Fun House, but I guess not

Somebody local to me I think. But they are being all mysterious.

#16 7 years ago

How about when you ask someone what they want for the machine and they ask you what do you want to offer. Annoying !

#17 7 years ago

My wife says everything is fine when it clearly isn't.

#18 7 years ago

.....when someone thinks an unreleased Stern will be the best pin ever.

#19 7 years ago

Everyone is so far away from the pin for sale,they post those "four words "describing the frustration of distance!!!!!!!!

#20 7 years ago

The name of a herb is used to describe the condition of a pinball machine.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Home Use Only?

#23 7 years ago

When you drain your 3rd ball with extra ball lit! Doh....

#24 7 years ago

....when staff at my work send us help desk requests that ask for assistance but do not leave a full name/number/any details of what they are trying to actually do on our database. I guess they think how hard can it be to identify them when we have a few thousand employees working around the state?

This is the whine thread now isn't it?

#25 7 years ago

someone hijacks your FS Thread

#26 7 years ago

....when someone has to chime in on a FS thread with "10k by Christmas ". It's getting old folks. Really.

#27 7 years ago

... otherwise seemingly intelligent individuals don't know or care about the difference between "your" and "you're;" or "there," "their" and "they're;" or "than" and "then;" or "its" and "it's;" or "lose" and "loose;" or "to" and "too;" or even "are" and "our;" etc! (Not "ect!")

#28 7 years ago

there's an ad on chicago CL currently that lists "pinball", no description at all. It's a garage sale and it's local, so I'm just going to show up tomorrow morning before work to see what it is (even if I don't buy it, the curiosity will kill me if I don't take a look).

#29 7 years ago

Four player game, all four guys huddled around the machine watching a great ball being played, several beers down, many more to go, and someone lets an SBD go. Everyone but the poor SOB playing the ball scatters.

#30 7 years ago

...When Metallica is rated the #1 pin and 3 models haven't even been released yet !

#31 7 years ago

... when people see my pins for the first time & say "aren't those things expensive?" and look at me like I'm stupid.
    (Yet financing 30k over ten years for their new "insert nonessential toy" is not only completely normal... it is to be bragged about.)

#32 7 years ago

When people use the word "said" to point out something they are talking about when its obvious what they are talking about.. Example *said game"

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... otherwise seemingly intelligent individuals don't know or care about the difference between "your" and "you're;" or "there," "their" and "they're;" or "than" and "then;" or "its" and "it's;" or "lose" and "loose;" or "to" and "too;" or even "are" and "our;" etc! (Not "ect!")

^^^ This.

#34 7 years ago

When people care about rankings.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

....when someone has to chime in on a FS thread with "10k by Christmas ". It's getting old folks. Really.

Did that start when I was selling my CC? I hadn't noticed it before.

Dan

#36 7 years ago

...you're all out of Shasta.

#37 7 years ago

when people start a thread about annoying things.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

....When people post there game for sale in the thread titles and dont put there general location and you have to click on it and search through the ad that tells you all about the game and then MAYBE it will say where there located. Or worse yet I have to go into there profile page and hopefully find it there. Ugh !!
    O' and dont get me started on the people that post a game for sale without a price. ARGH !!
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

+10

At least put your state in the title!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Dope?

#41 7 years ago

its not friday 5 oclock.....

#42 7 years ago

Your right. Their are people that our annoying when they try to make a point, and they use improper English. They loose all credibility because their to fast when there typing and they're point is lost because people are focusing on the grammar and not the message. Its are responsibility two point this out before it drives people crazy.

Sorry, couldn't help myself

#43 7 years ago

someone puts a bunch of words up as above that is clearly off topic and has nothing to do with pinball and also gets karma points for it.

#44 7 years ago

When you spend a good length of time cleaning and or fixing a machine, put the glass back/lock bar on and close the coin door to realize you forgot to clean the rubber on your flippers! Which takes all of 10 seconds to wipe off.

#45 7 years ago

When people want justification that a pin is an "A-list game." You got it because you like it, isn't that what matters?

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

When you spend a good length of time cleaning and or fixing a machine, put the glass back/lock bar on and close the coin door to realize you forgot to clean the rubber on your flippers! Which takes all of 10 seconds to wipe off.

Or you forget to pull out the rag you stuffed in to keep the balls from falling out when you raised the playfield!

#47 7 years ago

When you are having a kick-ass game and somebody all of a sudden requires your full attention.

#48 7 years ago

you order a burger from a drive thru on the way home and you clearly asked for no cheese and when you get home and open the container and there is gobbs of melted cheese everywhere!

#49 7 years ago

when your driving to pick up a good deal and the owner calls and says it just sold

#50 7 years ago

When people actually believe that because of the improper use of English an important point is now invalid? You're right, lets focus on the one drop of bird poo on a Ferrari and say, that car now looks like crap!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 33.50
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 249.00
    $ 495.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside