Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_Spicoli.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    SFMM-_Tatsu_26-1024x768.jpg
    tatsu.png
    X2.jpg
    Noooooooo.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3497.JPG
    DSCN3502.JPG
    DSCN3548.JPG
    DSCN3545.JPG
    DSCN3543.JPG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

People on ludes should not post.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Looks like a "Surf Punk" to me...
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

People on ludes should not post.

Nahhhh,
    Rat's just hopped up on our fine California cheddar!

#54 8 years ago

Different strokes for different folks. While I think EM's are beautiful pieces of art and nice conversation pieces I couldn't care less about owning one. Newer pins are just a hell of a lot more fun IMHO. I definitely appreciate those who collect EM's though.

#55 8 years ago

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

While I think EM's are beautiful pieces of art and nice conversation pieces I couldn't care less about owning one. Newer pins are just a hell of a lot more fun IMHO.

That's cute,
    I remember when I had MY first beer...

Just busting your "lost boys", Cybergoonie.

I'll give you benefit of the doubt since you might have accidentally stumbled into this thread thinking that it was a clever "for sale" ad you missed.

Round these parts, newer DMD games just take too long; especially in a group environment.
    Hell, some players have been known to go grab a tasty burrito/beer or two after their turn and forget to come back!
    EM's as conversation pieces?
    Only if we hear a coil lock on...

#57 8 years ago

I remember my first nookie.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Just busting your "lost boys", Cybergoonie.

That's cute...touchy touchy EM boy.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Newer pins are just a hell of a lot more fun IMHO.

Yeah, I played Wrestlemania yesterday. Big Fun! Enjoy your $7500 Hulkster LE.

And tell us how many of those machines pictured you have actually played.

#60 8 years ago

Im on a big early 80s kick. Have been ever since I got back in the hobby. Picked up my first EM, a solar city. Its definitely not the last EM to make its residency here. If im ever down south i am for sure posting here first. Looks like you guys throw some fun times down there.

#61 8 years ago

Solar City was my first too! A good solid game. I had that one for a long time.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Round these parts, newer DMD games just take too long; especially in a group environment.
    Hell, some players have been known to go grab a tasty burrito/beer or two after their turn and forget to come back!

Exactly , most of the dollar games my friends and I do are on EMs or early solid states . Long ball times kill the fun for most people playing . I suppose it depends on why someone plays pinball , mostly I play to hang out with my friends and have fun and EMs are great for that .

#63 8 years ago

That is why I like to have good multi-player games in the mix. The other player actually takes interest while you are playing instead of wandering off to start texting somewhere. That Pit Stop in the middle of the bunch is to me the perfect multiplayer game, and my friend Bob should be showing up soon and we will do battle during the breaks in the Ducks game.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Remember, we have earthquakes here.

But the odds are in my favor.

#65 8 years ago

When I'm playing EM, I'm in a zone and prefer to be left alone. Cup of tea, maybe a smoke. I will play the same machine all afternoon and slowly (fail to) perfect my approach.

When I'm playing newer stuff, I have a glass of suds at all times and prefer multi-player ruckus to the solitary battle. I may not even notice who I lost to.

But that's just me.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

But the odds are in my favor.

That's what I tell myself every time I get on one of those with their well trained ride attendants.

Ya know it isn't just about EMs around here, we've got modern games in the garage too.
    DSCN3543.JPGDSCN3543.JPG

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's what I tell myself every time I get on one of those with their well trained ride attendants.
    Ya know it isn't just about EMs around here, we've got modern games in the garage too.
    DSCN3543.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

#68 8 years ago

THIS, is a funny statement...

If lovin' all forms of pinball is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

#69 8 years ago

Love the avatar o-din , When I was in high school that stuff was being sold in large amounts around here in Wisconsin . Great marketing on their part , selling a product that is almost useless in an area just because it was cool . While I have seen people surf on the shores of lake Michigan , I don't think it would be too much fun . I wonder what the hell all that sex wax was used for ?

#70 8 years ago

Zogs had different flavors for different water temps, depending on the time of year. The water gets cold here, but not as cold as where a buddy of mine surfs on Lake Huron I'm sure. He's a nut.

#71 8 years ago

At least Bob had more fight in him tonite than the flames.
    DSCN3545.JPGDSCN3545.JPG

#72 8 years ago

Every time I read down through the lists of threads on main Forum page,
    and come across this one (It happened again last night),
    and knowing that it's o-din's thread,
    I can't help but wonder if the screen door got knocked out again.
    You know, because it has Invisi-screen and it's hard to see, especially if drinking is involved.

The collection looks great o-din.

Cheers!

#73 8 years ago

Nope, the screen door's been holding up just fine every since I reinforced it. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go to work.
    DSCN3548.JPGDSCN3548.JPG

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-happened-again-last-night/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.