Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by doughslingers
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lazerplayfield2.jpg
P1020362.JPG
lazerflyer2.jpg
lazerplayfield.jpg
P1011799.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wisconsinpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Well, the Lazer Lord from Ebay does exsist. It arrived in the shop yesterday. Very clean game, does play. Here is a picture of it. We will shop the game, keeping every original part possible, and documenting the process. Detailed pictures and lots of background info will be forth coming from the new owner of the machine. He has something special planned. He will provide pictures to the ipdb as well.

Paul
homegameroomsupply.com

P1011799.JPG

#40 7 years ago

The flyer is simply a quicksilver with the Lazer Lord backglass. You can clearly see the playfield is a quicksilver, (that is actually pretty worn around the bonus inserts). The machine is not a "fake". It is the real deal. The seller was/is 81 years old. He had no idea it was the only one made when he bought it, or when he first went to sell it. Only after the Ebay auction started did he come to find out that it was a 1 off machine. I talked with the new owner tonight, and he is working on getting the whole story of the game, with all the info possible.
As was mentioned, lots of HQ pics were taken over the weekend before the machine is shopped, the rom images have been saved.

The flyer was clearly a quickie job to gauge interest in the game from distributors, which by this point was too late for Stern to hold on.

#43 7 years ago

No feathers ruffled , I just wanted to follow up with a little more info. I would love to just post the pics and tell all I know about it, but it is not my place to do so. I was hired to shop the game, while keeping as original as possible. It is a great piece of history from the Stern era. Amazing it survived.
Paul
homegameroomsupply.com

#52 7 years ago

That's all up to the owner. I think you will see it in print first..maybe. That is why we are documenting it with super high resolution pictures. (this does not include the one I posted, as I took that pick with my ancient hand crank digital camera) I will talk him into posting a few of the pics on here, hopefully before too long. I just have to get it shopped which probably won't happen until at least next week. And of coarse lots of pics will go to the IPDB. A video... etc.
Paul
homegameroomsupply.com

#54 7 years ago

The Smithsonian called... they want their camera back!

No Home Plate for you!

4 months later
#57 7 years ago

Nothing has been done with it yet. Been too busy with repairs and shop jobs for other customers. We want to wait until we have the time to do it and the sample Galaxy we found for him at the same time. The game code was copied to preserve it. The check sum is different than what is out there for Quicksilver, but I am not familiar enough with the game play of either to know if there is really a difference. We hope to have them done by Expo.. who knows maybe they will be there on display. We are not going nuts on the Lazer Lord, just a basic shop job and keep it as original as possible.
Paul
homegameroomsupply.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 10.95
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wisconsinpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside