Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lazerplayfield2.jpg
P1020362.JPG
lazerflyer2.jpg
lazerplayfield.jpg
P1011799.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quicksilver1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago

I think we can all agree that LL does in fact utilize the Quicksilver playfield layout, but surely other people can see that the ebay LL does not look at all like the LL in the Stern flyer as far as playfield and plastics art are concerned. After checking out a couple of really good hi res photos of the ebay pin against the flyer side by side, the ebay LL looks to be nothing more than possibly a really good fake. Yes, clearly I believe that there is a real pin titled Lazer Lord that just sold on ebay for 7400.00, just not "THE" Lazer Lord shown on the Stern flyer. The playfield art is definitely not the same. The playfield art and plastic art on the flyer are totally different than the ebay pin. I have included two links below that show both in very large detail. You can see that the flyer playfield does not have the circular graphic around the scoring inserts, it does not have the "arrow" graphic pointing to center bank of targets (4), nor the "arrow" graphic pointing to the advance multiplier targets (3) on the right side below the spinner.

The flyer also does not show there to be any smoke graphic around the scoring inserts or have the vertical yellow graphic lines going up through pop bumpers and into the rollover lanes. The slingshot plastic graphics are not the same and the left side captive ball plastic does not have the smoke on it like the ebay pin. I gotta believe that someone took some serious time to "create" the ebay LL, and why not though? Supposedly there are no others to compare it to, and at a profit of over 7 grand, why not give it a go?

Hi res flyer (it's 2534 x 3180, once viewed, can be clicked on again to enlarge further)
http://flyers.cdyn.com/pingames/stern/300d...rd-1984-f-2.jpg

1200 x 1600 of the ebay photo
http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?topic=11879.0

The backglass however looks to be spot on, outside of the difference in the 6/7 digit displays from the flyer to the ebay pin. Another observation is that the playfield art on the ebay LL appears to duplicate the gameplay rules as Quicksilver, which have been shown previously to be different according to the roms.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That is a whole lot of hours to draw up all that art, then get it silkscreened on the backglass, cab, playfield, and get the roms reconfigured to run on a QS.
Even if it "only" took 2 months start to finish, the guy made what, $10 an hour?
If you had those skills and equipment available, why not make a more profitable venture, like rescreening MM playfields @ $1500 each?

OK, point taken. Still though, you skirted around my observation of the differences listed. How would you explain the huge difference in playfield and plastics art from the official LL flyer photo compared to the LL pin sold on ebay?

#42 11 years ago

My apologies. Just in comparing the two, clearly they didn't match. Parts of the flyer playfield certainly looked like Quicksilver, but some didn't, as even at it's largest size, the flyer image is fairly crude. The worn insert area would also explain a lot. I am more than happy to have my post removed if need be as I am new here and certainly don't want to get a bad rep right off the bat by accusing something to be faked that is not. Again, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the whole story.

4 months later
#55 11 years ago

Just wondering if anyone had any new info on the restore of Lazer Lord? It's been awhile since the topic was discussed and was wondering if we are ever gonna get the story and pics?

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

When can we see some video of the game in play?

Yeah, is there any chance we could see a snip of it in action? Would love to hear the sounds on it.

#65 11 years ago

Does it sound different than Quicksilver, or is it basically the same pin with different art?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quicksilver1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-does-exist-lazer-lord?tu=Quicksilver1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.