Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Majority have no idea how these things work, send whatever they ask and then they’re lost when the thing stops working.

So you mean like real pinball machines!

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I find it interesting that it took an economic recession to finally, FINALLY, pop the price bubble. People are spending much more on basics like gas, food, rent, vehicles, mortgages, and utilities and can no longer afford to charge these kinds of prices. The games will not sell unless they come back down to earth. Sellers need to sell to pay for other things, buyers can't afford what they are asking.
    And even then it will be difficult to move them as time goes on and this inflation and recession gets worse. This hobby is entertainment, not an investment.

My bubble popped at the 10k price point. I've been close, but I can't bring myself to cross that threshold.

#182 1 year ago

I just can't keep any more cash under my mattress. I had to start burning it for car fuel.

#203 1 year ago

The guy with 31 pinball machines crying about the economy. That's America alright. Nevermind the real issues. I can tell from this sentence, you are the problem, not the people you are blaming.

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just a suggestion, but your Pinside experience can be greatly enhanced by simply using the ignore feature instead of arguing with people constantly. You're never going to change their mind about basic facts, and they're just going to make you grumpy. Or at least they make me grumpy, and I don't come here for bad vibes. Rather talk about pinball.

but..but...dammit. I have no rebuttal.

#230 1 year ago

So anyway. When you guys are ready to sell your machines at 50% off, PM me.

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

How about I sell you my collection at a 50% discount of its 2042 value? Just hold on a minute while I go find my crystal ball.

Well sheeeet. That's might nice of you. The bubble should have popped 20 or 30 times by then I am sure Levi doesn't mind keeping track until then.

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

Where are you hearing this? I’m outside Chicago and they reported our electric rates are decreasing due to an energy surplus this summer…

They are indeed warning of rolling blackouts this summer. Crazy, this place has such a low population and if they are concerned about here, I can't imagine how the rest of the country operates.

#292 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Munsters is one of the great Pinside-defying games.
    Everybody hates it. For about 3 years it was referenced in every "Dark night for Stern" thread.
    Yet...it was actually a big hit and a huge seller for Stern. You hardly ever see them come up here for sale.
    I know nobody will ever be convinced, but Pinside still represents only a very small, die-hard portion of this hobby/market.
    Stern Star Wars was another huge seller, despite the common wisdom around here.

that's because no one bought them. I had a chance to pick up one relatively cheap, but I didn't like it at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.