Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sold two games this week within 30 minutes of posting them on Facebook.
    But lets keep pretending the bubble has burst and everybody is selling everything they own in mass panic because there’s a recession and gas costs $5 a gallon.
    Whatever makes ya feel better!

I don't see a bubble bursting either, but you are in a pretty densely populated area. Local sales don't have to deal with shipping costs, which have doubled.

COVID pin inflation has attracted more flippers trying to make a buck...if they exit, some of the air will come out of the bubble.

I've been in the hobby 20 years and it's been hard to lose money. Chances are it will be hard to lose money the next 20 years...assuming we avoid a civil war, of course

#263 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And to cap it off, we have a malcontent on the other side of the globe who is holding his finger over the nuclear bomb button. The Cold War is back on. The peace dividend has gone the way of a goose. No one knows what tomorrow, or next year will bring. But at some point people start getting cautious and will close their pocketbooks.

Yep...smart post. I turned cautious coincident with the pandemic. I had 2 homes, 2 collections...decided to flee LA after a great 7 year run. The draught, air/water quality, fires, and homeless situation all contributed to the decision. Florida isn't perfect, but the clean supply of air/water are definitely pluses. North Easterners have always liked Florida, but the mass exodus from COVID is measurable in terms of home appreciation. I built my current home in 2017 and it's gone up over 3x in 5 years, which has never happened to me (and I've owned like 6 homes in 5 different states).

#268 1 year ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

We had a water crises in the 70s. Lords of Dogtown accurately depicted the empty swimming pools here in Socal enabling the rise of pool skateboarding where I live. Broken arms were the norm. This isn't new to any native.
    I'm not downplaying the water crises. It's just that CA would be the world's 5th largest economy if a country. Pretty sure technological innovation, desalination plants, and better ways of storing the water that atmospheric rivers dump on us will allow life as I've known it to continue on the overcrowded area I grew up in.

I admire your upbeat take. From my perspective, the problem with being upbeat is dependent on governments that function and make smart decisions. If smart companies were were always making smart decisions, we wouldn’t have baby food shortages, mask shortages (during COVID), healthcare machine shortages, etc. Shit, we’re even dependent on China/India for basic drugs in this country! I worked in Silicon Valley for 20 years and the success/wealth being generated in California doesn’t necessarily mean smart infrastructure decisions are being made. LA plans to repurpose sewage water apparently…for drinking! No thanks.

#285 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Munsters is one of the great Pinside-defying games.
    Everybody hates it. For about 3 years it was referenced in every "Dark night for Stern" thread.
    Yet...it was actually a big hit and a huge seller for Stern. You hardly ever see them come up here for sale.
    I know nobody will ever be convinced, but Pinside still represents only a very small, die-hard portion of this hobby/market.
    Stern Star Wars was another huge seller, despite the common wisdom around here.

This weekend, I had my neighbors over for the first time...he is not a collector/enthusiast, but happens to have a Munsters Pro he bought from the local retailer (next to his pool table in the game room). When he played my collection, he turned to me as said how much fun he had, and that Munsters wasn't much fun by comparison. I told him Munsters lasted 3 months in my collection...shortest of any Stern (by far). Munsters is a dud, and even though this is only one non-Pinside dude, it struck a chord with me. Munsters is an outstanding license, which is why he opted for it. That's why it was a big hit...I'm sure there are many sitting in game rooms that rarely get played. Consumers like him just aren't motivated enough to switch things out when they are unhappy. I plan on prodding him to get something better, so he can at least enjoy the one game he has!

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

To be fair... people here rave about Godzilla and I find it to be Elwin's worst effort to date. Won't last a month here.
    Different strokes.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

You have poor taste in pinball or haven't played One enough.
    It is THE BEST pin ever made to date, and all the reviews back that up. Me too.

If guitarded's profile is accurate, it looks like he is disappointed with GZ Pro. Most of the positive energy on GZ has been on the Premium/LE model.

Nevertheless, I played a GZ LE at a collectors house and wasn't blown away. No doubt it has some great shots/flow (like all Elwin games), but it didn't immediately click with me. OTOH, I thought JP Premium was brilliant after only 10 minutes with it (and still do). From my perspective, JP Premium is a masterpiece...it has it all.

I'm still likely going to pickup a GZ Premium so I can spend more time with it. I wasn't initially impressed with Rush LE, but now that I have one it's a blast.

Years ago, everyone touted MM as THE BEST ever made. Picked up a Keller restoration of MM and thought it was fun, but THE BEST ever made? Nope.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Well you know, in 1999 it kinda WAS the best game. Obviously subjective, but one could make a damn good argument based on earnings, art, gameplay, demand, etc.
    20+ years later, of course there's better games now.

Not for me...I owned the AFM/MB/MM trilogy and MM was #3 for me. AFM ended staying the longest. When I rate a game, earnings/popularity doesn't really enter the picture...that's why I still own WH20 after all these years. For years, it didn't get any respect, but I still loved it. Really the only "upper PF" game I've ever taken a liking to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.