Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points, agree. The technology for Vpin's has really come a long way. My plan is to stick with real games from the LCD era (and Ghostbusters as it's my favorite movie of all time) and then use the virtual pinball machine for everything else. I have no plans to ever buy another pre LCD era game once the virtual pin arrives.

Even better than, and arguably cheaper than Vpin is VR pinball using VPVR... It's pretty amazing, and an Meta Quest 2 headset with a cheap gaming laptop will run you about $1300ish. (Or go for both VPVR AND a Vpin. Best of the virtual AND VR realms.)

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While the display of a full size vpin is still just a screen it offers more immersion IMO as there's no headset required, nothing is more immersive then the real world. A full size cabinet with SSF, DOF, a shaker motor, gear motor, and the right PC + display provides one hell of an experience. It also costs a hell of a lot more compared to a VR pinball setup which is something to consider. I would like to give VR pinball another try with a loaded full size cabinet as you said.

...and for sure *I* would like to give a really solid VPin cabinet a try. I'm using my modded-up Arcade1Up which is a fantastic at entry-level into the Vpin world, but I definitely want to grab a nice higher-end Vpin someday (after I get a physical Stranger Things pin) to see how that experience blows away the A1Up...

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Sherlock? Monk? What is the latest detective reference?

thebatman (resized).jpgthebatman (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.