Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

My point is that their goal is to always rip people off

I don't believe you understand how markets work. Besides. It's TV. Take the Reality portion with a heavy dose of salt.

#78 1 year ago

Jake and the Fatman.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crockett and Tubbs?

I've often considered buying a Hollywood Heat, throwing away all of my socks, trading my truck for a Pontiac Fiero w/ Faux-rari Testarosa ground effects and living the full Crocket and Tubbs lifestyle.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember when they sold those ridiculous fake out car kits at the airport?

Never saw one at the airport, but I remember them being sold and seeing them on Fieros in the wild.

#97 1 year ago

MITCHELL!

#148 1 year ago

He's not kidding. That bitch Lori is a LIAR!

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I don’t see it that way. After our government finally did the right thing in the face of a pandemic, and most people protected each other by wearing masks and working from home

This is hysterical. Good job.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Facts are fun things.

You are obviously a true lover of Science, Sir.

Again, well played.

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Anyone see any evidence of prices for pins not made in the last decade declining?

In the midst of an inflation spike? No. Not going to happen. Tangible assets are slaved to inflation.

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

How about ever, since the development of the home market? That's what makes these predictions of gloom feel so hollow for me. I'd love it if I could buy a Stargazer, a Centaur, or a T2 for really cheap prices. But it's not going to happen.

Best friend nabbed a T2 for $2k this week. Nicest one I have seen in a decade, too.

The Home Market is at a peak right now. Those who bought in late (and on credit) will be liquidating before too long. It won't affect the current pricing levels too hard, but it will open up the opportunity for deals.
    Have watched it happen in a bunch of collector markets over the last few decades.

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Jobs growth was broad and led by the leisure and hospitality sector, as consumers continued to pivot their spending habits away from goods and toward services like travel, dining and entertainment.

In May. Study seasonal Jobs reporting and you will see this metric is not in fact a positive data point.

...and, wages increasing by 5% in an inflationary cycle (that is well into double digit inflation already) is not a net gain. It is a net decrease.

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Agreed, but the trend toward hospitality and away from goods certainly would explain a slowdown in pin sales.

Summer is the slow sales season for a lot of goods. Increased expenditure and diverted attention is usually the cause of this. It will be magnified as prices for durable and necessary goods rises.

What you can expect to see (imo) is likely going to be a cascading slow down in volume, but not necessarily a radical drop in pricing for the top 10-20% of the market.

#246 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s possible Tesla is currently staffed to support current sales numbers but those will be negatively impacted with Ford and GM entering the EV space.

California style rolling blackouts set to hit the midwest this summer an you think there's actually an EV market in the near future?

Man, do I have a deal on a bridge in Brooklyn for you.

I don't want to say too much, but it's a hell of a deal and I know a guy like you is way too savvy to pass it up.

#272 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

What happens if it does not rain? Sahara Desert in the U.S.?

California's water problems are drastically magnified by California's Enviornmental Laws. They need more impoundments inland and desalination plants on the coast if they want to maintain population centers.

Or...they can save the Snails and Darters. Their choice.

#275 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And Arizona? Not a lot of water for a desal plant in AZ. Or Nevada.

Build a population center in the desert and you will have these issues. Nothing stopping AZ from impounding water either. Nothing but choice.

The CAP was never a solution for this problem. It was merely a patch for piss poor planning.

#286 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Munsters is one of the great Pinside-defying games.
    Everybody hates it. For about 3 years it was referenced in every "Dark night for Stern" thread.
    Yet...it was actually a big hit and a huge seller for Stern. You hardly ever see them come up here for sale.
    I know nobody will ever be convinced, but Pinside still represents only a very small, die-hard portion of this hobby/market.
    Stern Star Wars was another huge seller, despite the common wisdom around here.

To be fair... people here rave about Godzilla and I find it to be Elwin's worst effort to date. Won't last a month here.

Different strokes.

#297 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

You have poor taste in pinball or haven't played One enough.

It is THE BEST pin ever made to date, and all the reviews back that up. Me too.

Yeah. That's it. I have one in my fucking basement, but I haven't played it. Nailed it again.

#312 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

All of the west/southwest since the Cali aqueduct was built is based the the proposition that there would always be water flowing from the Rockies snowmelt.

I live in Montana. Formerly from Tucson.

But tell me more about the Rocky Mountains and AZ water issues, Kansas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending?tu=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.