Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png
    There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #203 1 year ago

The guy with 31 pinball machines crying about the economy. That's America alright. Nevermind the real issues. I can tell from this sentence, you are the problem, not the people you are blaming.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

The guy with 31 pinball machines crying about the economy. That's America alright. Nevermind the real issues. I can tell from this sentence, you are the problem, not the people you are blaming.

Yes. I can still afford gas, food and my home, but I am concerned for the people who can't, unlike you apparently. I am tired of Government 'helping', and I am free to speak up about it. But DO tell us all how GREAT the economy is!

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not looking around or standing to the sides while playing, never do while playing my real pins unless a ball is stuck. It sounds cool to lean over and look down the shooter lane but who does that with real pinball? lol. Also...VR is still fake as well, and much easier to tell it's fake when having to wear a headset. I'll take the slightly flat look, that still very much has a 3D effect, over wearing a headset with a small sweet spot, a FOV that isn't anywhere close to the actual eye, and having to look at fuzzy insert textures (happens when you look at insert text on a screen that is 1/2" away from your eyes). Not wearing a headset at all is far closer to the real world then having to wear one. People don't wear a headset while playing real pins...
    If full 3D was that critical and popular we would all own 3D TV's, there would be a ton of 3D content, and we would be wearing 3D glasses with our friends and family to watch shows and sports. No one does that though as for a lot of people having to wear glasses, let alone a headset that completely blocks off the outside world, is a turn off, it doesn't work well for social situations, and it's not as immersive as the real world.
    Not sure why we are bashing both of these back and forth, both are cool but real pinball is still better Also not sure why you keep saying the prebuilt full size cabinets are a rip off. Some are but there are some models that have a lot going into them not just in terms of hardware but also software. I priced out building my own with a replica quality cabinet, high end PC parts, DOF + SSF, shaker, etc. Price? Around $6k - $7k and that doesn't include configuring any of the tables or the 50+ hours it would take me just to build it. I'll happily spend $2k - $3k more for something that works out of the box with 1,000+ tables installed, I don't have the patience or the time to build and configure my own. The people that make their own are very talented, wish I could pull something like that off.
    Here's a screenshot from YouTube of a new Iron Maiden vpin being worked on by VPin Workshop. Flat? No...looks damn good (thought it was the real pin at first) and has a 3D affect as with all of the best virtual tables.
    [quoted image]

Not sure how else to explain logic at this point b/c 3d is more than just leaning forward. Take that same IMDN table in 2D, paying 8k+ and seeing flat textures and no immersion and then play it in 3d, much cheaper and unless you’re dead, you’ll realize the incredible difference.

Also - if you know how to build a PC, the cost isn’t 6-7k. Not even close - but again, I’m not surprised b/c well, I just leave it there. Trying to help but wasting my time at this point so my last response on it.

#222 1 year ago

Just a suggestion, but your Pinside experience can be greatly enhanced by simply using the ignore feature instead of arguing with people constantly. You're never going to change their mind about basic facts, and they're just going to make you grumpy. Or at least they make me grumpy, and I don't come here for bad vibes. Rather talk about pinball.

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just a suggestion, but your Pinside experience can be greatly enhanced by simply using the ignore feature instead of arguing with people constantly. You're never going to change their mind about basic facts, and they're just going to make you grumpy. Or at least they make me grumpy, and I don't come here for bad vibes. Rather talk about pinball.

but..but...dammit. I have no rebuttal.

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the reminder. You’re right. I’m done.

#229 1 year ago

sorry I guess I enjoyed the insanity for a second.Had surgery this week and cant walk or play my pins until tommorow.
    Everyone have a great weekend over and out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #230 1 year ago

So anyway. When you guys are ready to sell your machines at 50% off, PM me.

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

So anyway. When you guys are ready to sell your machines at 50% off, PM me.

How about I sell you my collection at a 50% discount of its 2042 value? Just hold on a minute while I go find my crystal ball.

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

How about I sell you my collection at a 50% discount of its 2042 value? Just hold on a minute while I go find my crystal ball.

Well sheeeet. That's might nice of you. The bubble should have popped 20 or 30 times by then I am sure Levi doesn't mind keeping track until then.

#236 1 year ago

What 10 pins would you think tracking the prices of over time would give us a good representation of the market? It might be useful if, in the future when this thread is revived, we could track the numbers. And right now, we could track the numbers back a few years. My uninformed guess might be something like:

StarGazer, Centaur (I'd say Fathom, but after Haggis...), Black Hole, Whitewater, High Speed, Scared Stiff, T2, ST:TNG, IJ:TPA, Congo.

Something that takes from across different eras, but back far enough to avoid the new car syndrome. What would change, or good range?

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like it, but it would really drive it home if you can give us a timeline.
    Summer, ‘25? Earlier?

Well, just for you old buddy ….

“Soon”

I’m already seeing pins sitting over here that would have sold instantly six months ago. Bargains still get snapped up, but the “not a bargain” pins are stalled.

rd

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are no reports as of yet of mass layoffs occurring in multiple industries. F

It's coming....it's just not here yet.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/27/tech-layoffs-top-15k-employees-in-a-brutal-may/

#239 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Not sure how else to explain logic at this point b/c 3d is more than just leaning forward. Take that same IMDN table in 2D, paying 8k+ and seeing flat textures and no immersion and then play it in 3d, much cheaper and unless you’re dead, you’ll realize the incredible difference.
    Also - if you know how to build a PC, the cost isn’t 6-7k. Not even close - but again, I’m not surprised b/c well, I just leave it there. Trying to help but wasting my time at this point so my last response on it.

Here come the insults, not cool. You don’t understand. I’ve been building my own PC’s for 20 years. There’s much more to a virtual pin build then the PC piece. The build I priced out was going to cost me $6k - $7k, I’m perfectly fine paying another 2k - $3k to have a professionally built vpin that works out of the box.

Also I don’t understand where your 2D comments are coming from as there’s nothing 2D about standard virtual pinball. All of the tables have 3D graphics, same thing applies to video games with 3D graphics. Just because people play PS5 games on a TV that doesn’t make them 2D…

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here come the insults, not cool. You don’t understand. I’ve been building my own PC’s for 20 years. There’s much more to a virtual pin build then the PC piece. The build I priced out was going to cost me $6k - $7k, I’m perfectly fine paying another 2k - $3k to have a professionally built vpin that works out of the box.
    Also I don’t understand where your 2D comments are coming from as there’s nothing 2D about standard virtual pinball. All of the tables have 3D graphics, same thing applies to video games with 3D graphics. Just because people play PS5 games on a TV that doesn’t make them 2D…

V-pins are cool and all, I built a nice one that I play frequently. It’s a great tool to play tables that you don’t see often, or get a chance to play. However, I truly don’t believe a V-pin should ever be discussed on the same page as a real pinball, especially for long term value. After all, it is a computer, and we all know computers don’t go up in value.

#241 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are no reports as of yet of mass layoffs occurring in multiple industries.

Add 10% of Tesla to the potential layoffs:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/heres-the-email-elon-musk-sent-all-tesla-employees-10percent-job-cuts.html

#242 1 year ago

Musk is going to use the 10% from that to pay for Twitter,doesnt count.

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Musk is going to use the 10% from that to pay for Twitter,doesnt count.

Didn't see that in the news. Did I miss it somewhere?

#244 1 year ago

thats not enough to buy Twitter,Mr Burns(Musk) wants to trim the fat.

#245 1 year ago

At the same time Ford is hiring 6,000 workers. Tesla for years has been the only big EV car company in town but that has now all changed with companies like Ford, and GM heavily entering the EV space. It’s possible Tesla is currently staffed to support current sales numbers but those will be negatively impacted with Ford and GM entering the EV space.

#246 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s possible Tesla is currently staffed to support current sales numbers but those will be negatively impacted with Ford and GM entering the EV space.

California style rolling blackouts set to hit the midwest this summer an you think there's actually an EV market in the near future?

Man, do I have a deal on a bridge in Brooklyn for you.

I don't want to say too much, but it's a hell of a deal and I know a guy like you is way too savvy to pass it up.

#247 1 year ago

With Tesla it’s all about Musk asserting his alpha male status again. He’s got some “super bad feeling” and issues decrees. He calls himself TechnoKing and that isn’t just jokingly.

It’s hardly an indicator of anything else.

#248 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At the same time Ford is hiring 6,000 workers. Tesla for years has been the only big EV car company in town but that has now all changed with companies like Ford, and GM heavily entering the EV space. It’s possible Tesla is currently staffed to support current sales numbers but those will be negatively impacted with Ford and GM entering the EV space.

Ford, Gm and Tesla are all sold out for at least a year. Tesla is simply trimming the fat

#249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charger68:

Ford, Gm and Tesla are all sold out for at least a year. Tesla is simply trimming the fat

That’s a good observation. These are white collar jobs he’s cutting not production jobs. If they are sold out, who needs big marketing and advertising departments.

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

California style rolling blackouts set to hit the midwest this summer an you think there's actually an EV market in the near future?
    Man, do I have a deal on a bridge in Brooklyn for you.
    I don't want to say too much, but it's a hell of a deal and I know a guy like you is way too savvy to pass it up.

Where are you hearing this? I’m outside Chicago and they reported our electric rates are decreasing due to an energy surplus this summer…

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.