Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09BA1F86-80C4-495E-9DB1-E4528694C698 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.01.34 PM (resized).jpg
    out (resized).jpg
    1043pic (resized).jpg
    fonv (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    6A489B27-5CA9-4BFB-9BB5-2F7CDDBD141B (resized).jpeg
    6ADF8CF1-35E1-4B4F-9C1C-B8BC976BEFA6 (resized).png
    miso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xx828 (resized).jpg
    take-my-money-fry (resized).png
    EC900E62-FF3D-406E-B3FE-821186566BBE (resized).png
    scooby (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    day of the tentacle ed stamps (resized).png
    There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points, agree. The technology for Vpin's has really come a long way. My plan is to stick with real games from the LCD era (and Ghostbusters as it's my favorite movie of all time) and then use the virtual pinball machine for everything else. I have no plans to ever buy another pre LCD era game once the virtual pin arrives.

Even better than, and arguably cheaper than Vpin is VR pinball using VPVR... It's pretty amazing, and an Meta Quest 2 headset with a cheap gaming laptop will run you about $1300ish. (Or go for both VPVR AND a Vpin. Best of the virtual AND VR realms.)

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, good call. It was just uploaded yesterday, so I figured it was newer (plus Chumlee was thin). My bad.
    Well, this is where pinball pawn prices were in 2014!

I hate that show - ripping people off and being proud of it was never a good look. But never, ever use a television show as your pinball price metric.

#53 1 year ago

I'm glad the insanity has ended. Maybe an IMDNLE will finally come up for sale today at $10k. *fingers crossed*

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

But never, ever use a television show as your pinball price metric.

That’s really good advice, thanks. I’ve used Pawn Stars as a benchmark in current dollar valuation for the 36 games I’ve sold, so I’ll just use eBay from now on.

#55 1 year ago

Grey market Rolex prices have definitely shown some decreases recently for most models, so perhaps that will flow into pinball as well.. Car prices don't seem to be coming down yet though, but that could be the chip situation.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Even better than, and arguably cheaper than Vpin is VR pinball using VPVR... It's pretty amazing, and an Meta Quest 2 headset with a cheap gaming laptop will run you about $1300ish. (Or go for both VPVR AND a Vpin. Best of the virtual AND VR realms.)

Yeah, VR pinball is fun. I really tried giving VR pinball a proper shot, even built a Pinsim cabinet for immersion. For me a loaded and full size virtual pin blows away a VR pinball setup. The immersion with a Quest 2 + the Pinsim was great but at the same time it was missing so much IMO. First off the display quality for pinball isn't that great, insert text has a slight blur to it unless looking very close and the overall clarity isn't close to a 4K 120hz monitor. The field of view is also rather low which results in a small sweet spot. The lack of the weight of a full size cabinet was also very noticeable, plus a dedicated cabinet has the space and distancing for a proper SSF + DOF setup along with a shaker motor + gear motor.

The biggest bummer for me with VR pinball is wearing a VR headset. With real pinball you use your own eyes, you can grab a beer, glance at the sports game on your TV, etc. With VR pinball that's all gone, as is any social aspect which is a huge part of real pinball. VR still seems like a theme park ride in a sense it's something just want to do for a few minutes. While the display of a full size vpin is still just a screen it offers more immersion IMO as there's no headset required, nothing is more immersive then the real world. A full size cabinet with SSF, DOF, a shaker motor, gear motor, and the right PC + display provides one hell of an experience. It also costs a hell of a lot more compared to a VR pinball setup which is something to consider. I would like to give VR pinball another try with a loaded full size cabinet as you said.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s really good advice, thanks. I’ve used Pawn Stars as a benchmark in current dollar valuation for the 36 games I’ve sold, so I’ll just use eBay from now on.

My point is that their goal is to always rip people off, and then charge the real value or more when reselling. So if those are the prices you are using, well, I guess that's the sellers responsibility to understand the real value of what they have, and decide from there.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

My point is that their goal is to always rip people off

I don't believe you understand how markets work. Besides. It's TV. Take the Reality portion with a heavy dose of salt.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

My point is that their goal is to always rip people off, and then charge the real value or more when reselling. So if those are the prices you are using, well, I guess that's the sellers responsibility to understand the real value of what they have, and decide from there.

FYI. Mudflaps is one of the funniest guys on Pinside. (sarcasm, humor funny)

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not gonna lie, I almost spit my brown rice out when I read that.

Classic Mudflaps here. Awesome!

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

FYI. Mudflaps is one of the funniest guys on Pinside. (sarcasm, humor funny)

Ha, I bow at the mantle of Centerflank and Levi for their unrivaled use of sarcasm and knowledge.

Anyway, I just sold my 37th game and picked up a sweet Centaur. The bubble is about to burst!

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, I bow at the mantle of Centerflank and Levi for their unrivaled use of sarcasm and knowledge.

There is no point in comparing ourselves to Royalty. Good call.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

I don't believe you understand how markets work. Besides. It's TV. Take the Reality portion with a heavy dose of salt.

Yes, which is why you don't use it for real world reference, which was my point you just validated.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

The bubble is about to burst!

That's great! I can't wait to see the pins I want to go down....oh wait, they never have. But how much did you pay for the Centaur, and what state was it in? Just curious.

#66 1 year ago

Meh , this topic...

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANd here I had everybody thinking I typed that up freshly every time!
    Foiled again by another Pinside Columbo!

Love your three or four one liners you always spit out in-between copying & pasting the same shit garbage you always do; such genius.

You do realize "Columbo" hasn't been culturally relevant in over 40 plus years... IDK I guess you can continue to stick with mumbling out these old ass references like Columbo, Murder she wrote & Perry Mason. But seriously it's pretty dull...

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, VR pinball is fun. I really tried giving VR pinball a proper shot, even built a Pinsim cabinet for immersion. For me a loaded and full size virtual pin blows away a VR pinball setup. The immersion with a Quest 2 + the Pinsim was great but at the same time it was missing so much IMO. First off the display quality for pinball isn't that great, insert text has a slight blur to it unless looking very close and the overall clarity isn't close to a 4K 120hz monitor. The field of view is also rather low which results in a small sweet spot. The lack of the weight of a full size cabinet was also very noticeable, plus a dedicated cabinet has the space and distancing for a proper SSF + DOF setup along with a shaker motor + gear motor.
    The biggest bummer for me with VR pinball is wearing a VR headset. With real pinball you use your own eyes, you can grab a beer, glance at the sports game on your TV, etc. With VR pinball that's all gone, as is any social aspect which is a huge part of real pinball. VR still seems like a theme park ride in a sense it's something just want to do for a few minutes. While the display of a full size vpin is still just a screen it offers more immersion IMO as there's no headset required, nothing is more immersive then the real world. A full size cabinet with SSF, DOF, a shaker motor, gear motor, and the right PC + display provides one hell of an experience. It also costs a hell of a lot more compared to a VR pinball setup which is something to consider. I would like to give VR pinball another try with a loaded full size cabinet as you said.

Once I experienced true 3D virtual pinball inside a VR headset, I couldn't return to the flat 2D graphics on a standard VP. The fact you can move your head and line up a shot, look into the pinball machine, etc - it's the definition of immersion. It's exactly how it works in real life (the view you can get) vs the normal virtual pinball machine that is basically a tv in a box and everything is static. And with the overpriced VP machines being bought by folks for 8K+.... I struggle why anyone would buy one of these things now. I get the headset comment - the fact you have to put something on your face is not ideal but your friends can easily watch your game on your PC screen while you play inside VR so you can still have the social interaction.

Forget oculus/meta VR. Forget taking up the space with a fake pinball machine that is a glorified TV holder so it's vertical. Get a valve index, a great graphics card and watch how immersive and real the game feels in VR. Match that with the pin controller and about 4k+ in savings and it's the next level.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

You do realize "Columbo" hasn't been culturally relevant in over 40 plus years..

Well no shit, Sherlock.
    But actually, it is nice to see these folks trying to flip these NIB Sterns and getting crickets. Unfortunately, they won’t lose money, but I hope they put lots of effort and time into trying to rip off people, and failing.

#70 1 year ago

Sherlock? Monk? What is the latest detective reference?

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While the display of a full size vpin is still just a screen it offers more immersion IMO as there's no headset required, nothing is more immersive then the real world. A full size cabinet with SSF, DOF, a shaker motor, gear motor, and the right PC + display provides one hell of an experience. It also costs a hell of a lot more compared to a VR pinball setup which is something to consider. I would like to give VR pinball another try with a loaded full size cabinet as you said.

...and for sure *I* would like to give a really solid VPin cabinet a try. I'm using my modded-up Arcade1Up which is a fantastic at entry-level into the Vpin world, but I definitely want to grab a nice higher-end Vpin someday (after I get a physical Stranger Things pin) to see how that experience blows away the A1Up...

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

thebatman (resized).jpgthebatman (resized).jpg

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Forget oculus/meta VR. Forget taking up the space with a fake pinball machine that is a glorified TV holder so it's vertical. Get a valve index, a great graphics card and watch how immersive and real the game feels in VR. Match that with the pin controller and about 4k+ in savings and it's the next level.

word! the only way to go. (had quest 2) Best: HTC Vive Pro 2 (highest resolution) & valve index & 3080/3090 = awesome.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Mannix?

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Once I experienced true 3D virtual pinball inside a VR headset, I couldn't return to the flat 2D graphics on a standard VP. The fact you can move your head and line up a shot, look into the pinball machine, etc - it's the definition of immersion. It's exactly how it works in real life (the view you can get) vs the normal virtual pinball machine that is basically a tv in a box and everything is static. And with the overpriced VP machines being bought by folks for 8K+.... I struggle why anyone would buy one of these things now. I get the headset comment - the fact you have to put something on your face is not ideal but your friends can easily watch your game on your PC screen while you play inside VR so you can still have the social interaction.

When I built my Virtual never thought I'd apply VR; but ya it's a total game changer the only thing that bothers me is the comfort after about ten to twenty minutes I feel the strap is digging into my face. So I just usually play VPW normally...

#76 1 year ago

I might imagine this user has not learned to read the markets. Here are his ad stats!
    0 for 24 is impressive!
    His prices are quite high, and he might be as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #77 1 year ago

Cannon or Barnaby Jones?

#78 1 year ago

Jake and the Fatman.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Jake and the Fatman.

Bosch

#80 1 year ago

Guys, Guys, the majority of people on Pinside are incredibly young and hip and are simply not going to understand name-drops of these ancient TV cops/detectives!

Try and aim for something a little more relevant, as most things pinball are up-to-the-minute cultural references.

Crockett and Tubbs?

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:Guys, Guys, the majority of people on Pinside are incredibly young and hip and are simply not going to understand name-drops of these ancient TV cops/detectives!
    Try and aim for something a little more relevant, as most things pinball are up-to-the-minute cultural references.
    Crockett and Tubbs?

Use something more relevant.

Chip_'n'_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_Logo (resized).pngChip_'n'_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_Logo (resized).png

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crockett and Tubbs?

I've often considered buying a Hollywood Heat, throwing away all of my socks, trading my truck for a Pontiac Fiero w/ Faux-rari Testarosa ground effects and living the full Crocket and Tubbs lifestyle.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

I've often considered buying a Hollywood Heat, throwing away all of my socks, trading my truck for a Pontiac Fiero w/ Faux-rari Testarosa ground effects and living the full Crocket and Tubbs lifestyle.

Remember when they sold those ridiculous fake out car kits at the airport?

Of course you don’t, you youthful Gen Z Pinsider!

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember when they sold those ridiculous fake out car kits at the airport?

Never saw one at the airport, but I remember them being sold and seeing them on Fieros in the wild.

#85 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #86 1 year ago

Stern delaying the next cornerstone and pumping out existing titles has helped. There are now a ton of Deadpool premiums NIB available and the market is about to get flooded with Godzillas. In a couple of weeks when those are available at retail, the market will start to level out. A few months ago getting a Godzilla premium was a one year plus preorder or pay $12,000. Problem is the supply chain problems are still here and getting worse if anything as long as gas prices keep going up.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm buying a full size dedicated Vpin for the reasons I stated in the comments above. VR pinball just isn't for me and still seems inferior even with the best headsets compared to the full size dedicated vpins. Setting up base stations for sensors (as with the Valve Index), dealing with VR controllers, cables, and ultimately wearing the VR headset itself all still has that carnival ride vibe, something that's fun for just a few minutes.

IMO there is zero social interaction with VR pinball, no one wants to watch a screen with some ones head moving all over the place and then share a sweaty headset between balls lol. I'll happily pay $4k more for what I believe is the better experience. There's a reason you rarely, if ever, see Xtreme Gaming Cabinets advertising their VR Pinsim on YouTube, all coverage is for the full size dedicated cabinets. I reached out to them regarding their Pinsim and full size cabinets, Pinsim has a 1 month wait whereas the full size cabinets are 6+ months.

As far as moving around goes with VR pinball that seems cool but I don't even move around much with my real pins, except for when a ball is stuck and I'm trying to find it. Below is White Water running on a 49" 4K monitor, there's not much 2D about it, still 3D but just lacking being able to look under objects which I'm not sure how many people even do with real pinball.

aa7a95e8b89d1550eb3b7b615350227b48633f9c (1) (resized).jpgaa7a95e8b89d1550eb3b7b615350227b48633f9c (1) (resized).jpg

#89 1 year ago
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #90 1 year ago

4704CDEF-2B11-4FC5-B795-B5F89C729747 (resized).jpeg4704CDEF-2B11-4FC5-B795-B5F89C729747 (resized).jpeg

Darn them newfangled talkies

#92 1 year ago

Darkwing Duck. Didn't he do some detective work to go along with his crime fighting?

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Love your three or four one liners you always spit out in-between copying & pasting the same shit garbage you always do; such genius.
    You do realize "Columbo" hasn't been culturally relevant in over 40 plus years... IDK I guess you can continue to stick with mumbling out these old ass references like Columbo, Murder she wrote & Perry Mason. But seriously it's pretty dull...

Well shit, I got the Columbo reference....

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

E4BCFCA3-A1B7-49F3-A34C-E801A4190DBD (resized).jpegE4BCFCA3-A1B7-49F3-A34C-E801A4190DBD (resized).jpeg
    #95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

The next JJP title?

#96 1 year ago

All I know is that still in-production NIB pins are selling over MSRP in the secondary market, always have, and always will. How dare you suggest otherwise.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go upvote the lamest personal crusade I've ever seen (and in a thread it's not even relevant!)

Seriously. How dare you.

#97 1 year ago

MITCHELL!

#98 1 year ago

Waiting for the Pro Stern's to start slumping beneath $6k again
    Some are on the cusp!! Wouldn't mind getting a TMNT Pro eventually...

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Use something more relevant.
    [quoted image]

I was happy to spot a Mills dime machine but dang that new RR movie was weak. It rested more on cheap references than the Scary Movie schlock films.

20220601_184215 (resized).jpg20220601_184215 (resized).jpg
    #100 1 year ago

Where's the love for Inspector Clouseau ?

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-appears-the-insanity-is-ending/page/2?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.