Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey! I have had JP premium for 1.5 years and put a couple of thousand plays on it. Never had any issues until tonight…. Weird things started happening. Different sections of the play fiend would randomly go dark. T. rex didn’t move for 15 seconds at a time. Then the entire lower half of the platforms went dark. Lastly had all arrows randomly light up white then dark then white again. All this occurred during the course of a few games. I looked underneath and it seems like every wire is connect properly. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Reset the Ethernet cables on the nodes. They can become loose overtime.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Reset the Ethernet cables on the nodes. They can become loose overtime.

Yes it is a communication issue. Reseat all communication cables. Do a full code update not quick. If that doesn’t work your main cpu node board going. Pinball life got them back in stock yesterday at $369. Been really hard to find.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yes it is a communication issue. Reseat all communication cables. Do a full code update not quick. If that doesn’t work your main cpu node board going. Pinball life got them back in stock yesterday at $369. Been really hard to find.

Thank you! Checked all the connections and then swapped out my main CPU board for the one that was in AIQ and have the same issues. Any other ideas? Thanks

#5 1 year ago

Ok so I replaced the Serial motor Driver board. the T-Rex seems to be acting normal again. However, I went to the Switch Test, and clicked on 'active switches' and in addition to the through, the following switches were active, T-Rex Mid, T-Rex Mouth, Motor 2, Newton Ball-Left Opto. I think the T-Rex mid, and mouth should be active but not sure about the motor 2 and newton ball-left opto???? Next when I go to the switch test and open his mouth and move him around all of the following 'switches' simultaneously light up (I had to take a video on slow motion in order to read them all) Any ideas??? (I already swapped the main CPU board and swapped the 8 and 9 node board with each other. So I am pretty sure it's not those boards) Thanks!

The are all on either SN 12 or SN13 of the node 9 board.

LEFT HALFPIPE OPTO
LEFT ORBIT OPTO
LEFT ORBIT EXIT OPTO
T-REX UP
T_REX DOWN
STEPPER HOME
RAPTER LOCK OPTO
4X4 TARGET RIGHT
LEFT HALFPIPE OPTO
TARGET TOP LEFT
LEFT ORBIT ENTER
LEFT ORBIT EXIT OPTO

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Ok so I replaced the Serial motor Driver board. the T-Rex seems to be acting normal again. However, I went to the Switch Test, and clicked on 'active switches' and in addition to the through, the following switches were active, T-Rex Mid, T-Rex Mouth, Motor 2, Newton Ball-Left Opto. I think the T-Rex mid, and mouth should be active but not sure about the motor 2 and newton ball-left opto???? Next when I go to the switch test and open his mouth and move him around all of the following 'switches' simultaneously light up (I had to take a video on slow motion in order to read them all) Any ideas??? (I already swapped the main CPU board and swapped the 8 and 9 node board with each other. So I am pretty sure it's not those boards) Thanks!
The are all on either SN 12 or SN13 of the node 9 board.
LEFT HALFPIPE OPTO
LEFT ORBIT OPTO
LEFT ORBIT EXIT OPTO
T-REX UP
T_REX DOWN
STEPPER HOME
RAPTER LOCK OPTO
4X4 TARGET RIGHT
LEFT HALFPIPE OPTO
TARGET TOP LEFT
LEFT ORBIT ENTER
LEFT ORBIT EXIT OPTO

Yeah you did everything. It could be a cable. Did you call stern tech support? I think you are there on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-with-jurassic-prem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.