7_(resized).jpg
6_(resized).jpg
5_(resized).jpg
4_(resized).jpg
2_(resized).jpg
1_(resized).jpg
3_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Looking at a huo tspp but wondered what issues i could have since it has sat for so long. They bought it new and played it off and on for about 4yrs and not really any since till they are selling it and it plays fine they said. Is there any problems that i could run into since it is a 10-12 yr old game? Never serviced or any mods etc. Just bought played some then sat.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

Looking at a huo tspp but wondered what issues i could have since it has sat for so long. They bought it new and played it off and on for about 4yrs and not really any since till they are selling it and it plays fine they said. Is there any problems that i could run into since it is a 10-12 yr old game? Never serviced or any mods etc. Just bought played some then sat.

Probably will need new rubbers, new balls, a good cleaning topside. Also good chance the batteries could have leaked.

Check for fading on cabinet especially if it sat near an open window.

Check for wear around the flipper buttons, common on this title.

Check playfield for planking if it was not in a controlled environment.

#3 8 years ago

I'm as new as you......but sounds as good a story to get a game if any......???.................Joey

#4 8 years ago

i dont think any fade, not sure about batteries. no wear around flipper buttons. Some scratched on black side rales. not 100% but think it was stored in a house so it was a controlled environment. Just on the fence about it. Good deal just dont know if its the right pin for me. Hate to pass up a good deal but dont want to rush and get it just because its a good deal.

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

7_(resized).jpg7_(resized).jpg

8_(resized).jpg8_(resized).jpg

9_(resized).jpg9_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

The contacts on the switches may not fire due to not being used, as they are self cleaning. Run a Switch Test. Look for corrosion on/ around bulb sockets & metal playfield parts. May need to reseat some ribbon cables & other connections. GLWP.

#6 8 years ago

The game is a tank. Had mine since nib 2003, zero issues with it! If it's a good deal, grab it. If you don't like it, sell it as demand for the game is pretty strong.

Batteries would be my only concern.

It complements your taf very well.

#7 8 years ago

It will probably burst into flames after a few plays

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It will probably burst into flames after a few plays

Always the optomist lol

#9 8 years ago

First check batteries. Then d.o a tech report and cycle the coils. by using the buttons inside the door. If playfield status OK, you should be fine. Rebuild flippers and slings & pops. Clean the switches with air or a buseness card. Have a lot of fun. Anything under 3K for that game is safe, possibly higher. Great game

#10 8 years ago

They r asking 4k. Probably will pass. Over my budget but hated to pass on a good deal. This pin was not on my short list really. Just happened upon it lol.

#11 8 years ago

TSPP is a great pin.

Considering the condition, I'd be all over it. Who care what problems might arise because it sat for a while. Whatever problem comes up...I fix it.

A good condition TSPP, for a decent price, is worth all the headaches that may come up.

#12 8 years ago

Wow that looks minty!

#13 8 years ago

A one owner HUO TSPP for $4k, go get it. I have been looking for one and just got quoted $5,700 by someone on pinside for their two owner TSPP. At $4k this would already be in my house. If nothing else make them a lower cash offer, if you don't like it I'll buy it from ya

#14 8 years ago

I'd be glad to give you $4200....and I already have a decent one. (over $600 in new parts sitting in the closet waiting for the shop job).

#15 8 years ago

$4,000 is a good deal, huo tspp typically go for $4500-$4800

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 8 years ago

I would buy it if I were you. I doubt you will find a better deal on a TSPP.

#17 8 years ago

just be careful, it looks to be in an attic room or over a garage that isn't insulated, it could have had big temp swings up there which could cause lots of problems

#18 8 years ago

Looks good other than the tops of the side rails are all kinds of scrape-y.

#19 8 years ago

I found it on ebay and had him text me the pics. It is located near atlanta GA. Here is the ebay listing if anyone is interested. I hope a pinsider gets it.

ebay.com link: itm

#20 8 years ago

The TV screen in the upper pf looks garbled. Might just be the camera lag and the changing of the TV screen dots, but I'd ask about it.

#21 8 years ago

My paranoia alarm goes off on an ebay member for 12 years that has NO feedback and is selling a 4k+ game

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

My paranoia alarm goes off on an ebay member for 12 years that has NO feedback and is selling a 4k+ game

I say stay far away from this one.
Unless you go look at it in person, I wouldn't touch it.
I've bought an ebay one before and the pin sent was not even the same game from the pictures.
My recommendation might be different if this was an ebay seller with some great history.(longtime seller/feedback for selling pins)
0 feedback could mean a new account opened just for selling this pin, because he doesn't want to ruin feedback on his other account.

#23 8 years ago

I think you should snag it if you go see it in person

#24 8 years ago

The seller may have opened up a pile of accounts in the past just for this purpose.
Scam?

#25 8 years ago

Since the seller says pickup only that limits the scam a little, unless he is going to rob you at gunpoint.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Since the seller says pickup only that limits the scam a little, unless he is going to rob you at gunpoint.

LoL,
Better bring some pinsider backup with you just in case.

#27 8 years ago

If your looking for a TSPP & it's a close enough to drive, you owe it to yourself to go & look at it in person.

#28 8 years ago

it is close enough for me to see, that was my plan but I decided against getting it. Its not on my short list of pins. I put the location so someone close could go see it to buy, not ship.

#29 8 years ago

Wow, props to the OP for sharing the contact info on this machine. Hopefuly someone here gets it.

#30 8 years ago

WTF, not like he's giving it away. If he hasn't given a shit enough not to scrape the crap out of the rails...what else has he not taken care of

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-with-huo-hardly-used-tspp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.