5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello . Just recently picked up a solar ride . When I power the game up , it takes a credit and starts a game like normal . Ball kicks out , however none of the sounds work during the game play. The drop targets will not reset when game is started. They fire up for a split second but that's it . The game makes sound when a game is first started but that is it . No idea where to start . I have primarily only worked on EMs prior to owning this game.

#2 5 years ago

Have you checked all the fuses with a multimeter?

#3 5 years ago

Check that you have a correct game PROM (marked E for Solar Ride) near top left corner of CPU board, and that it sits properly in its socket. Bad or missing game PROM causes the game credit up and start, but then doing nothing.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for all the info . I'll will tear into it tonight and report back . Also I should note that flippers work , slingshots , kickout holes and roll overs all work. However the drop targets will not pop up or reset. No sound during actuall game , but I do have sounds on start up

#6 5 years ago

Ok was able to get drops to reset. As of now all playfield features are working and scoring however I don't get any of the game sounds . It makes sound upon start up but is silent during the game . Any ideas ?

#7 5 years ago

Dip switch #20 on cpu board sets scoring sounds on or off.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

Dip switch #20 on cpu board sets scoring sounds on or off.

And remember to turn the power off and on so the game recognizes the dip switch changes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-with-gottlieb-system-1-?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.