• Latest reply 1 year ago by dpkzone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB error (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Recently purchased a Ghostbuster Pro. I've had a few issues to get it runnign right. I've since updated to V1.17.0. I also had to replace node board 8. Issue now - during game mode, it seems as if it's letting you finish a 'level' (like who brought the dog) before actually hitting all the required shots. This lets you get through a series really fast, but kinda loses it's sense of accomplishment. In some cases, it also seems to finish a level if the ball drops in the middle.

My question - could I have downloaded the wrong code (premium) and it be running? In the list of options I see subway eject which I thought was Premium only, or is this what is being considered the right hand eject? I've been trying to double check and download the Pro version today but any of the Ghostbuster files downloaded today have shown issues only coming in as .spk files, not .zip files.

Do those of you with Ghostbusters find it way too easy to progress through the series even without hitting all shots?

One other potential is I switched one of the plugs on node board 9 when I used that to diagnose the board 8 as bad (same board per Stern Tech Support, just has some switches on it in different positions).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

Each mode only last so long on the new code, and when you drain it marks as complete. At least that’s what it does on mine. The setting can be changed IIRC

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Ttumachy:

My question - could I have downloaded the wrong code (premium) and it be running? In the list of options I see subway eject which I thought was Premium only, or is this what is being considered the right hand eject? I've been trying to double check and download the Pro version today but any of the Ghostbuster files downloaded today have shown issues only coming in as .spk files, not .zip files.

Did you install the wrong code? You need to install the pro code on a pro machine. Copy the .spk file (there is only one) to a flash drive and update the game.

The subway eject on the pro is the right eject.

As far as completing modes goes, once you hit one of the lit shots (arrows), the GHOST target will spot a shot when hit. This can be changed in the Adjustments menu. The mode will end when you complete the required shots, the timer expires or the ball drains. (The last mode on each ladder will continue after a drain until the timer expires.) The first mode in each of the three ladders only requires three shots to complete. The further you move up a ladder, the more shots will be required during the mode.

3 months later
#4 1 year ago

I also recently acquired a GB pro. I keep trying to update the code but it fails. I have a number of spike 2 games that I updated with thumb drives prior to IC being released so I get how to do it.

When the GB fails, all the factory default settings are back in place. I have tried multiple USB sticks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. The game rocks but I am dying to play it with version 1.17.0

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I also recently acquired a GB pro. I keep trying to update the code but it fails. I have a number of spike 2 games that I updated with thumb drives prior to IC being released so I get how to do it.
When the GB fails, all the factory default settings are back in place. I have tried multiple USB sticks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. The game rocks but I am dying to play it with version 1.17.0

I had to use a PNY128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for my Ghostbusters to get my code updates to work. I had previously tried smaller 16GB and 32GB with no success.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks for this. Ordered one and will try tomorrow.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Did you install the wrong code? You need to install the pro code on a pro machine. Copy the .spk file (there is only one) to a flash drive and update the game.
The subway eject on the pro is the right eject.
As far as completing modes goes, once you hit one of the lit shots (arrows), the GHOST target will spot a shot when hit. This can be changed in the Adjustments menu. The mode will end when you complete the required shots, the timer expires or the ball drains. (The last mode on each ladder will continue after a drain until the timer expires.) The first mode in each of the three ladders only requires three shots to complete. The further you move up a ladder, the more shots will be required during the mode.

So on my premium I’m never spotted a ghost letter. They light individually during attract mode but during game I don’t get the letters. Is this correct?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

So on my premium I’m never spotted a ghost letter. They light individually during attract mode but during game I don’t get the letters. Is this correct?

Wow. I don't remember writing all that. LOL

Yes. That is correct. The GHOST inserts will chase when the target is lit to collect a mode shot. There is no "collecting" of GHOST letters.

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I am still looking for some help updating my GB code. I purchased the game with version 1.13 on it. Each time I try the update (various usb brands and sizes in eluding this mentioned above) I get the failed update error in the pic. Do I have to try to update to earlier versions btw 1.13 and 1.17 maybe? looking for any input. I also want to find the art blades somewhere if anyone has a good suggestion where to try. Thanks!

GB error (resized).jpgGB error (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 26.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-with-ghostbuster-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.