New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 183046)

Issues with FT repro plastics

By Cserold

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cserold
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5198 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

All,

When peeling of the white paper backing from several of my reproduction plastics it is removing portions of the graphic. See attachment. I got this set from Pinball Decals. I'm assuming this back piece of paper is meant to come off, correct? Anybody else had this issue? si Is there a trick to removing this backing paper? Cheers, Craig

IMG_5198 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I had that happen on a set i bought only on a few plastics of the set and real small spot. The reason for peeling was how long the paper had been left on . The set i bought from a vendor was a few years old. Heating the tape with a hair dryer will allow tape to come off easier but it may not stop peeling .I was very lucky i contacted cpr hoping to get replacements for the bad ones and they sent me a whole new set ,now that's some awesome customer service

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

I had that happen on a set i bought only on a few plastics of the set and real small spot. The reason for peeling was how long the paper had been left on . The set i bought from a vendor was a few years old. Heating the tape with a hair dryer will allow tape to come off easier but it may not stop peeling .I was very lucky i contacted cpr hoping to get replacements for the bad ones and they sent me a whole new set ,now that's some awesome customer service

Thank you. Anybody know what Joey from Pinball Decals user name is here on pinside?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thank you. Yep, I tried using a heating gun but didn't help. Anybody know what Joey from Pinball Decals user name is here on pinside?

#5 3 years ago

Not sure what his pinside name is, but you can email him: joey@pinballdecals.com

#6 3 years ago

Also had this happen to mine and particularly worse on the slingshot plastics around the light blue color like yours. Mine was not as bad as what you have though. As soon as I saw it pulling the artwork I let the backing go and then pulled from a different direction very slowly and flat against the plastic and it seemed to come off better that way. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be removed.

#7 3 years ago

Emailed Joey and he was very responsive. Thanks guys

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside