Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GoodToBeDad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I picked up a Surfer that’s in pretty good cosmetic condition. However, there are some mechanical issues. I’ve been able to get it to play somewhat. When I start a single player, five ball game, it begins with ball 3. The second and third balls are also displayed as ball 3. Then ball four and five are correct and then the game ends.
When I start a two player game, it begins with player one and doesn’t designate the ball number. Then player two gets a couple balls. Then player one gets balls four and five and the game ends.
If I start a single player game in three ball play, it begins with ball three and then the game ends without launching any more balls.
Is it possible that the ball counter has been misaligned? Is there some information somewhere that can tell me how the ball counter should be aligned in relation to the stack of red and blue plastic “cogs” that activate the switches in the ball counter?
Thanks for any ideas.

#2 2 years ago

Do you have the manual? Its last page should show how the Player Unit cams should be aligned with each other.
The schematic at 6C to 7C shows how the wiper disk on the Player Unit should be aligned when reset to player 1 ball 1.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks! I don’t have the manual, but I do have the schematic. I’ll hunt a manual down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.95
$ 20.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside