(Topic ID: 237134)

Issues when leaving machine on

By flappybob123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flappybob123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a 1977 Bally Bobby Orr's power play I've been fixing up for awhile. One issue I have never been able to figure out is the occasional sonlenoid switch up. It only seems to occur after leaving my pinball machine on for more than 30 minutes, whether I'm playing it or not. When I happens, the pop bumpers will fire instead of the bells for the startup sound, and the post will reset when the ball should be fired into the game. However, the issue fixes itself after a bit of patience, and seems to go away. One time I left the game on for awhile it started running slow, as if it was lagging, something I've never seen before (and has not happened since). Any ideas?

#3 5 years ago

Recapping my power supply? Could you elaborate on that? Sorry I'm a bit it a pinball newbie, but I'm trying to learn

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There are a few big cylindrical capacitors on the solenoid board, they have a life of about 20 years. If your board is still original, they can cause trouble.

I've replaced one of the two large capacitors on the solenoid driver, I'll definitely replace the other soon

#7 5 years ago

For c26 I will order a 160uF 350V capacitor. I already replaced c23, but what capacitor should I get for c24? I have solenoid driver AS-2518-22

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

What part of Cincinnati are you in? I have a crimper and pins. If you can't get it going I'd be willing to help out.

I'm in Clifton Heights, right outside of UC. I actually am in need of some pins. I would be willing to purchase some pins off of you if you're willing to sell them! As for a crimper, I already have one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 179.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flappybob123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-when-leaving-machine-on?tu=flappybob123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.