Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kredmore
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC2036B0-5D25-4174-975A-B817CE286226 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.22.43 AM (resized).png
    64C305DA-D9F3-4687-9F7D-43779B0C8F20 (resized).png
    432AACB4-3986-41B2-A7B1-260FA47245C9 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Just saw an ad for a Data East Star Wars for $6295. More than double what the fair market price on that pin should be. More than a NIB Stern Pro model pinball machine. They really show how out of touch they are with the current market.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

Thanks for sharing. I am currently in a bad dealing with Pinball Alley. I paid him $9,695 for a new Elvira House of Horrors LE and he refuses to give me the game. Claims he has a previous bad business transaction on a previous pinball sale and the credit card folks are holding my monies hostage. It’s a bad mess.

That's a bunch of crap man! If your charge went through, he got your money and it's in his bank account! Your bank told you it posted! He's 100% lying when he says his Credit card folks are holding your money hostage because of a bad credit card transaction he was part of. He's using your money to do something else with other than supply you your game that you fully paid for with a credit card.

I'd also contact Stern directly and file a complaint with them as well. You have all the proof you need to show the purchase in full. I'd also disclose any e-mails from Pinball Alley aka Marlen Amusements to Stern also. They certainly don't want a bad reputation with regards to their products and these distributors are representing them since Stern doesn't sell direct.

Asbsolute HORSESHIT! I'd call him and say look I'm coming to get my pinball machine. When I get there you either give it to me or issue me a full refund or there will be hell to pay!

Ask any pinball vendor here to chime in. Once a charge goes through on your credit card it settles in his bank account within 24 hours!

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

As with every story there are two sides. Mr. Hunt did present his credit card and it was charged, except the monies never made it to us. Instead it was and still is being held by a company called Merchant Services out of Florida. They claim that due to COVID-19, all their employees were furloughed, and their "customer service" was moved offshore. They also claimed that this was the start of the "issues". I have assured Mr. Hunt that either way he will be made whole. I encouraged him to file a chargeback with his credit card company and that I would support his claim. We have been around for 79 years and always strive to do the best we can by our customers. We sell in excess of 250 pinballs a year. You will not find anyone who will claim any unscrupulous behavior. I am proud of that. This is a poor situation that I have never encountered before. We have filed legal actions against Merchant Services We have also moved our credit card services to Citizens bank who does their own exchanges to avoid this from ever happening again. I have apologized and again offer my apologies to Mr. Hunt. It is a terrible situation. I have offered him a sizable discount to make up for it. In the end, and unfortunately nothing moves as fast as we would like. Being in New York during the virus crisis has made things move even slower.
    - Pinball Alley

This is a flat out lie! your credit card services or merchant services is just the software portion of the transaction that communicates between the buyer & seller banks to authorize the charge. The buyer....you is purchasing an item for said price from the seller. The merchant uses software that communicates and authorizes the charge....first they notify the sellers bank of the transaction and then authorize your bank you are buying said item and the price. The merchant is given and Authorization Code this all happens within seconds once your card is swiped or keyed in manually. The charge itself is finalized once that merchant closes his credit card batch....which is typically done daily & that money deposits in their bank account within 24 hours. The merchant services company does not receive any money except the credit card fee typically 3% of the purchase price. He's saying it's his former Merchant Services that is holding the funds from him because of another bad credit card transaction. Does that make sense at all to you? If it does you might be a little naive. He's flying by the seat of his pants...that much is obvious...robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak to keep his business financially afloat. He's blaming it on the Merchant Services portion of his business. So for his so called mistake by his own admission....he wants you to basically jump through hoops to fix a wrong that is no fault of your own. Pretty pathetic.....this guy should immediately be on the phone with his bank & former merchant services vendor asking them what he can do on his end to resolve this issue and get this buyer his pinball machine. Instead he's asking you to do all the legwork. RIDICULOUS! The fact that this guy has been in business for 79 years is irrelevant! Doing business like this they might not make to 80 years. Pinball Alley Your Despicable!

3 weeks later
    #62 3 years ago

Has this poor customer gotten his pinball machine that he paid in full for over a month or are they still dicking him around with this bullshit story?

1 month later
    #78 3 years ago

You should seriously report this company to Stern corporate. They don't need or do they even want a company like this representing their brand! This guy is pissing on your leg and telling you it's water! Absolute BS! Cmon man don't be this gullible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-experienced-with-pinball-alley-rochester-ny?tu=chicoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.