Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kredmore
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC2036B0-5D25-4174-975A-B817CE286226 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.22.43 AM (resized).png
    64C305DA-D9F3-4687-9F7D-43779B0C8F20 (resized).png
    432AACB4-3986-41B2-A7B1-260FA47245C9 (resized).png
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Am I understanding this correctly that the client paid in full using the sellers preferred credit card service at the time. Since the seller chose a shotty credit card company that has somehow garnished the funds it’s now the clients issue?

#52 3 years ago

I'm 30 miles north of Albany and just got divorced, is Lauren hot?

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm 30 miles north of Albany and just got divorced, is Lauren hot?

Albany Lauren? Yep and she can kick your ass in Dialed In. She doesn't deserve this fate.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Albany Lauren? Yep and she can kick your ass in Dialed In. She doesn't deserve this fate.

Oh *that* Lauren? Small world. Shit, I'm trying to crack a joke, forgot some people actually exist. Yeah having your job threatened for making a simple mistake or communicating something incorrectly is total bullshit. F**k Pinball Alley.

#55 3 years ago

Since this seems like a situation where there is money in limbo, one of a couple things can happen. 1) The customer who has been charged the full amount can receive the machine they paid for while the business who has been around for 79 years can deal with reclaiming the money or 2) The customer can be charged the full amount and not have the game.

Doesn't it seem obvious to make the customer happy in this situation if they did nothing wrong?

#57 3 years ago
    64C305DA-D9F3-4687-9F7D-43779B0C8F20 (resized).png64C305DA-D9F3-4687-9F7D-43779B0C8F20 (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #58 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Since this seems like a situation where there is money in limbo, one of a couple things can happen. 1) The customer who has been charged the full amount can receive the machine they paid for while the business who has been around for 79 years can deal with reclaiming the money or 2) The customer can be charged the full amount and not have the game.
    Doesn't it seem obvious to make the customer happy in this situation if they did nothing wrong?

NO. he should not have bought a pinball machine on a credit card.

#59 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased a restored game from Pinball alley? How well was this done? What do you think they could have done better or even left out all together ?

#60 3 years ago

Yes I now agree with your mention of not purchasing a pinball with a credit card. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I do regret it now. FYI .... I am still without out $9,700 and my pinball.

#61 3 years ago

Why can you not file a charge-back? That’s why people should be using a cc.

#62 3 years ago

Has this poor customer gotten his pinball machine that he paid in full for over a month or are they still dicking him around with this bullshit story?

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

NO. he should not have bought a pinball machine on a credit card.

Why not? Buyer protection and rewards.

#64 3 years ago

I am requesting monies back from my CC via disputing the charge. They are fighting to get the monies back from Pinball Alley.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

I am requesting monies back from my CC via disputing the charge. They are fighting to get the monies back from Pinball Alley.

Thats’s a other steaming load. If they offer buyer protection, and they all do, they are supposed to investigate and reimburse you as soon as they learn you haven’t received the product REGARDLESS of whether they’ve gotten the money back.

Do not let them or the seller jerk you around.

#66 3 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I will inquire with my CC folks why I haven’t been cleared of my debt as the battle of actual monies are ironed out. What a frick’n mess! This purchase of a brand new pinball game was supposed to have been a seriously fun experience!!!

#67 3 years ago

Can we get a Lauren update?

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

Wait? you still do not have your machine? Has the money cleared into Pinball Alley's account? There has to be more to this story. Is he refusing to release the machine?

#69 3 years ago

Monies have not cleared his account and I do not have my game. I’m still dealing with my credit card folks hoping to get the $9,700 credited.

#70 3 years ago

Wow that sucks it’s been a month! That sucks they are the closest to my area and I’ve checked the website out. Good to know to steer clear.

2 weeks later
    #71 3 years ago

But where else are you gonna find a $7000 Shrek?!

rochester.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.22.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.22.43 AM (resized).png
    #72 3 years ago
    Quoted from MonsieurCS:

But where else are you gonna find a $7000 Shrek?!
    rochester.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

All their prices are absurd. And he keeps littering CL and marketplace with them too. Annoying.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

Monies have not cleared his account and I do not have my game. I’m still dealing with my credit card folks hoping to get the $9,700 credited.

Did you get this straightened out?

#74 3 years ago

No I did not. Still waiting for a resolution. What a pain in the !!!

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

No I did not. Still waiting for a resolution. What a pain in the !!!

I’m sorry to hear that.
    The credit card company should be able to handle this for you fairly quickly. Typically, their investigation takes no more than a single billing cycle. Have you disputed the charge?

#76 3 years ago

Yes it’s been disputed and they are chasing down the monies. Due to the COVID issues the support at the MasterCard services is limited and their folks are working from their homes. They say they hope to have wrapped up in next 90 days.

2 weeks later
    #77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flip_RRR:

Yes it’s been disputed and they are chasing down the monies. Due to the COVID issues the support at the MasterCard services is limited and their folks are working from their homes. They say they hope to have wrapped up in next 90 days.

90 days? that is insane. I hope this has been resolved.

1 week later
    #78 3 years ago

You should seriously report this company to Stern corporate. They don't need or do they even want a company like this representing their brand! This guy is pissing on your leg and telling you it's water! Absolute BS! Cmon man don't be this gullible.

9 months later
    #79 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I'd encourage everyone to check out the Instagram of their painter Ashley - she does some amazing restoration work. https://www.instagram.com/ludwigsynopsis/

Having watched her work and spent time ogling their inventory, you’re getting a deal.

But you can read all about it my book.

So shame on you for slandering a three generation business over being grifted by some shady third party.

That’s my objective observation.

Flippers flip for the quick buck. I witnessed a place where you are purchasing a warrantied game with someone who really gives a s*it.

Argue with that all you mud slingers want, but it’s a retail showroom and libelous posts like these over petty delays are hella unsmarted.

XTN

CC2036B0-5D25-4174-975A-B817CE286226 (resized).jpegCC2036B0-5D25-4174-975A-B817CE286226 (resized).jpeg
    #80 2 years ago

yeah, seems as though if you sold 250 pinballs/year, you can take a slight risk and give him the game now, work the paperwork to completion later. And turn this thread into a successful ending. Just my $.02.

#81 2 years ago

I read some pretty good reviews on these guys. A couple low stars, but many 5s.
    They're maybe 40 minutes away. I may give them a little visit..
    Once I get to it, I'll be having much time into the Evil Knievel.
    One review mentioned one of the girls is amazing with painting. Not 100% of what,
    but one of the E.K.'s playfields is already stripped. If it appears they do good touch
    ups, I'll be dropping it off..

#82 2 years ago

Ashley Ludwig there is a star. Wish I had her skills

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kredmore:

yeah, seems as though if you sold 250 pinballs/year, you can take a slight risk and give him the game now, work the paperwork to completion later. And turn this thread into a successful ending. Just my $.02.

It was one of those perfect storms. I am sure COVID had a large part in all of it. At this point it is water under the bridge. The gentleman received his money long ago. We have been selling quality games for a very long time. Next year will be our 80th year. We invite everyone to come and see our showroom. I guarantee you will see pieces that will bring back memories and smiles. We do high end restorations. We love what we do and it shows.
    Ashley has worked very hard and I would put her skills against any. We also are a team that works hard to ensure what we sell lives up to our standards. Not only are they beautiful but they work. Anything that leaves our showroom, new or old, comes with a one year warranty.

-Jerry

2 weeks later
    #84 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

It was one of those perfect storms. I am sure COVID had a large part in all of it. At this point it is water under the bridge. The gentleman received his money long ago. We have been selling quality games for a very long time. Next year will be our 80th year. We invite everyone to come and see our showroom. I guarantee you will see pieces that will bring back memories and smiles. We do high end restorations. We love what we do and it shows.
    Ashley has worked very hard and I would put her skills against any. We also are a team that works hard to ensure what we sell lives up to our standards. Not only are they beautiful but they work. Anything that leaves our showroom, new or old, comes with a one year warranty.
    -Jerry

Thanks, and sorry, I missed the time gap in posts, thought this was more current than 9 months ago.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-experienced-with-pinball-alley-rochester-ny/page/2?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.