Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Brewchap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I am trying to update the CPU code on RBION. I used an GQ4x4 and a M27C4001 chip to write to. After installing in the pin, the pin does not boot up. Am I using the wrong chip to burn to? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help, I'm used to only burning M2716 chips for older pins.

#2 2 years ago

27c1001 is the CPU rom size.
27c4001 is the Display board rom size.

#3 2 years ago

Welp, That will do it. I just ordered some 27c1001 for future use.

Thank you for your help!

#4 2 years ago

Depending on if the upper address lines are tied high/low on the board, you can simply quadruple the image size and then burn it to your 4mbit eprom. If the upper address lines are floating on the board, you would need to either modify the board or the eprom itself to pull them high or low.

On windows:
copy /b image.bin + image.bin + image.bin + image.bin image_4x.bin
To create an image 4 times the size of the original. Then you would burn image_4x.bin to your 4mbit eprom.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Depending on if the upper address lines are tied high/low on the board, you can simply quadruple the image size and then burn it to your 4mbit eprom. If the upper address lines are floating on the board, you would need to either modify the board or the eprom itself to pull them high or low.
On windows:
copy /b image.bin + image.bin + image.bin + image.bin image_4x.bin
To create an image 4 times the size of the original. Then you would burn image_4x.bin to your 4mbit eprom.

Oh! That means that I can still use the 27c4001 since it is a 4mbit. I got to try it

#6 2 years ago

This is very cool!! So using the above command, I can create a new file with 4 images. Then write to chip...

It works! WOW thank you for the info.

Quoted from Pwedge:

Not sure how to check this, but the above command worked great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issues-burning-an-cpu-chip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.