Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by rdeschand
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 8.52.35 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 8.51.51 AM (resized).png
    F999E8F6-5A03-4B7C-870D-759E7CA632F6 (resized).jpeg
    5708EFE9-5BF8-4A7A-9137-70A5CE65726E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8888 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8886 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

I’m sorry this is happening to some people. I have been using the same Oracal 811 Paint mask material for the last 7 years. I’m cutting 3 football field lengths of material every month. There could be certain sections of certain rolls where the adhesive isn’t as good as other parts from the factory.

I personally have never had this happen to me on over 50 cabinet paints over the last 10 years but I’ve often used oil base paints. I mention in my instructions NOT to use any lacquer based paints since that softens and eats into the paint mask material helpIng release the adhesive off the back.

I don’t know the formulation of Montana paints but know some guys who use this brand all the time and never has any problems from what I’ve heard.

Oracal says it’s “Clear, water-based, low-tack, removable adhesive” on the back. I wish I had a perfect answer for everyone but there’s just so many paints and so many formulations it would be hard for someone to manufacture a paint mask that would resist everything on the market.

Pimp

#20 3 years ago

It looks like the Montana GOLD line of paints you used is LACQUER based. I say in my instructions NOT to use lacquer based paints. This could be part of the problem.

“Montana GOLD is the perfect tool for all artists and creative workers. The specially developed low-pressure system guarantees maximum accuracy to meet the highest requirements. High-covering and quick-drying acrylic lacquer.”

I say to use Montana WHITE line paints.

“The Montana WHITE featuring 51 high covering colors is created for the budget continuous user that demands quality. The improved synthetic paint base boasts a hard wearing gloss finish that is weather proof for use in all seasons. Montana WHITE utilizes a synthetic paint base to achieve a fast drying time, with a gloss finish. The high pressure valve system allows for fast application over greater surface area. Made in Germany to the highest quality standards.”

Hopefully this will clear up the MONTANA Issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-pinball-pimp-adhesive-amp-montana-paint?tu=PinballPimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.