Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mdzepfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a Bally 1978 Kiss pinball machine which I have owned for twenty years and outside of a few minor issues the machine has been pretty reliable. Recently though it will not play at all. What I mean is when the machine is turned on the led on the main MPU flashes 7 times and the machine completes it's boot up process. But when you push the silver button on the front of the unit to put a ball in play, nothing. When you open the coin slot door and push the test button, and cycle the unit through the various test modes, everything seems fine and it goes through the test process with no issues. All the lights come on, and all the solenoids and flippers work. During the test mode it does eject the ball to put it in play, but not during the normal playing process. The one thing I did notice during the boot up process is the start up tune is noticeable different and distorted to a degree. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mdzepfan:

I have a Bally 1978 Kiss pinball machine which I have owned for twenty years and outside of a few minor issues the machine has been pretty reliable. Recently though it will not play at all. What I mean is when the machine is turned on the led on the main MPU flashes 7 times and the machine completes it's boot up process. But when you push the silver button on the front of the unit to put a ball in play, nothing. When you open the coin slot door and push the test button, and cycle the unit through the various test modes, everything seems fine and it goes through the test process with no issues. All the lights come on, and all the solenoids and flippers work. During the test mode it does eject the ball to put it in play, but not during the normal playing process. The one thing I did notice during the boot up process is the start up tune is noticeable different and distorted to a degree. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Check for tilt switches or slam switches being engaged when they’re not supposed to... also assuming you’ve got credits registered? Check the connectivity on the start button as well... dirty contact?

#4 5 years ago

It does have a credit or credits showing?

#5 5 years ago

Have you checked the under playfield fuse? It should be between the flippers and is a 1amp Slo-Blo. If it is burnt I believe the game will behave the way you're describing.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. I have checked the fuse on the underside of the playfield, as well as the holder and both seem ok. Wouldn’t a stuck switch or one that is not making contact show up in the self test? Yes there are credits showing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 85.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-kiss-bally-1978-machine-?hl=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.