• Latest reply 1 year ago by martymart
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

warranty (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I have an issue with a Homepin A-15646 long range opto board for BSD.

The opto is not working when connected to this board. I have replaced the optos and pulled out the board and bench tested it although I am struggling to get the green light to light up. On occassion I get a slight flicker from the green light although I am not able to get a good connection.

I also tried shorting J1 and J2 with a resistor although still only got a flickering green light.

Has anyone had this issue before and if so what was the resolution.

#2 2 years ago

From old post called Indiana Jones more poa problems
4y 10,150 50
Just to rap up this thread. After receiving the original Motor opto switch assy from the owner, I cleaned it up and re- soldered the pins. Refitting it in the machine and it worked perfectly. I tested the HOMEPIN replacement board on my test bench and it switches but the optos must not be up to the specs of the original pcb. Apparently HOMEPIN has went quite on Aussie Arcade recently, but his board did not work for me!
So I was lead on a merry dance by the owner who tried to fix the pin himself and introduced another fault . I refitted the Homepin PCB as a last test and it did not work. Game has been working trouble free for a few weeks now. Be careful of after market parts ! Thanks for the help .I learned a lot.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I have an issue with a Homepin A-15646 long range opto board for BSD.
The opto is not working when connected to this board. I have replaced the optos and pulled out the board and bench tested it although I am struggling to get the green light to light up. On occassion I get a slight flicker from the green light although I am not able to get a good connection.
I also tried shorting J1 and J2 with a resistor although still only got a flickering green light.
Has anyone had this issue before and if so what was the resolution.

Have you contacted Homepin about this? They offer a lifetime warranty on their boards so there shouldn't be a problem.

warranty (resized).pngwarranty (resized).png
#4 2 years ago

I have contacted Homepin and they have sorted me out.

I would like to mention their excellent customer service. My emails were responded to within the day and they had sorted me out within 2 days.

Highly recommend them as this type of service is hard to come by. Well done and thanks to Mike for all his help.

1 year later
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from martymart:

I have contacted Homepin and they have sorted me out.
I would like to mention their excellent customer service. My emails were responded to within the day and they had sorted me out within 2 days.
Highly recommend them as this type of service is hard to come by. Well done and thanks to Mike for all his help.

Ok well. Did they repair the board or replace it? I don't see what the result of their customer service did for you.

1 week later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Ok well. Did they repair the board or replace it? I don't see what the result of their customer service did for you.

They replaced the board. I had to undertake some adjustments and testing to the original board and they then sent out a replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-homepin-a-15646-opto-for-for-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.