4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200205_092736 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Having an issue with the drop targets on my Big Hurt pinball machine going up and down constantly or just not working as they should. I pulled the drop target unit, but it looks good and functions perfectly. The N4002 diodes seem to be reading how, but I’m not familiar with this machine enough to know if that’s normal or not; I’ll probably replace them to rule it out, but I’m starting to think this is a board issues now??? Any ideas would he appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#3 4 years ago

Will do. I usually have no issues testing them in circuit but it is on a coil and it’s good practice. Thanks. I guess I really don’t think that is the issue.

Quoted from pinmike:

Ok to measure a diode that’s on a coil you must remove one leg of that diode to get a proper reading

#4 4 years ago

The diode tested fine so I’ll have to check the driver board at this point.

#5 4 years ago

Drop targets seem to work perfectly.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I’ll pull the board and take a look.

#11 4 years ago

I got it fixed. Ran the switch test and everything was fine so I decided to try grounding the transistor tab for the drop target unit and wouldn’t you know it, they would stay up... almost as if they couldn’t reach their locking tab. I decided to take the drop targets back out again and mess around with some adjustments and bam. Originally I thought maybe a spring was incorrect, but nope. Here’s what I did in the video to fix it, but there are also three metal tabs that the drop targets slide on which could probably be adjusted? I think ultimately it’s a design flaw as the solenoid reset coil if offset causing it to push upward at an angle and get jammed. Any other theories on this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-gottlieb-drop-targets?tu=PinballGurus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.