Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6287482-9901-4346-B13D-9C1B5F180B8C (resized).jpeg
993744CB-0BAB-4121-B95B-594C863B718A (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

When turning the machine on the upper ball kicker continuously engages. All other tests seem to work... I changed the battery and attempted to reset the machine to same result. Any other ideas would be appriciated.

#3 5 years ago

I checked the switch too. Not stuck, but it is scoring points when I use the flippers or hit the credit button and the upper ball kicker isn’t kicking out the ball???

#4 5 years ago

It even scores points if I bump it. Hmmm???

#5 5 years ago

Are there any switches registering in switch test? What do the left and upper kickout register as?

#6 5 years ago

switches stuck together somewhere, bad switch diode somewhere, cold solder joints on mpu/driver board?

#7 5 years ago

No switches registered in switch test if it’s blank and only shows 3 in the credit area right? That’s what I got.

#8 5 years ago

Strange thing is I can shake the playfield and it doesn’t add points but if I knock on the cabinet it does, so I’m assuming it’s not the playfield.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGurus:

No switches registered in switch test if it’s blank and only shows 3 in the credit area right? That’s what I got.

What about if you put a ball in the eject hole? Does the correct number show then?

#10 5 years ago

Looks like I have another issue too??? Are those other digits supposed to be lighting up? I would assume so??? I’m not too familiar with this game.

993744CB-0BAB-4121-B95B-594C863B718A (resized).jpeg993744CB-0BAB-4121-B95B-594C863B718A (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago

This is all I’m getting on test 3 with both balls in.

A6287482-9901-4346-B13D-9C1B5F180B8C (resized).jpegA6287482-9901-4346-B13D-9C1B5F180B8C (resized).jpeg

#12 5 years ago

I assume my display is not working since it’s not letting me see those digits???

#13 5 years ago

During the display test all digits should be lighting up.

#14 5 years ago

Yeah. They are not so I’m not sure where to go to fix that issue since I’ve never encountered it. Any ideas?

#15 5 years ago

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

#17 5 years ago

Well let me see what I can find about that so we can see what switches have an issue before I proceed. Eh? lol

#18 5 years ago

Can you list what exact digits aren't working? It's hard to tell on some in the picture.

With the power off, try reseating the cables going into the main display board and the ones along the top of the MPU.

Also try plugging only one of the four displays in at a time, it's possible one is causing others to not light up. Make sure not to touch the connectors while the game is on, and to give it a bit of time to cool off after turning the game off before changing connectors

#19 5 years ago

It’s the digits for the number or balls remaining. I’ll try that too. The two digits next to the 03. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-firepower-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.