Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mpu1 (resized).jpg
mpu3 (resized).jpg
mpu2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfnrg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Purchased this game last night from a seller here on pinside. The game played well for a few games, but later on there was some oddness in the displays. The far left digit was flickering. Later on it wouldnt boot up at all, but all the GI's were on. I looked at the MPU during bootup and the LED flashed only 4 times after the flicker and pause. I believe it should be 7x. After examining the MPU board it looked a little rough imo (photos attached).

1. It it worth fixing up the existing board, or should it be replaced? I want this game to be somewhat reliable.
2. The game was sold to me by someone local as a reliable functioning game, not a "project". Who should be expected to repair in these situations?
3. Anything you can think of so I can get this game going in the short term?
4. Seller claims it was working perfectly before shipping, is that surprising?

mpu2 (resized).jpgmpu2 (resized).jpg

mpu3 (resized).jpgmpu3 (resized).jpg

mpu1 (resized).jpgmpu1 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Zac. I am fairly sure it's corrosion related as I wiggled around all the components in the affected area and it booted for a few minutes. I paid full fair price (2500) for a super clean inside and out game with the exception of the corrosion. Possible huo even.. Some pf wear but very minimal. Clean cabinet and coin door. Owner probably left batteries for years causing the game to not function. Guessing the guy I bought it from got it on the cheap and hacked the board to make it go on for a bit. I brought up the issue and he got real defensive. I already got the altek ordered. Definitely not the way I do business.. I disclose the known issues and take responsibility for missed issues. Seemed kinda used car salesman like. He has a big presence on here... I guess I'm a little surprised. Paid more for the convenience I thought I was getting.

#8 6 years ago

Sold as working and clean. It's not a big deal.. $200 for a board. I traded him for an equally clean black hole with new boards compete with originals that were in better shape. It did need repinning which I disclosed. I get that things need adjusting and fixing up on a 40 yo pinball. I just dont see how anyone can claim that mpu board would be part of a working game. I was more shocked at his response.

#11 6 years ago

Ah man... Too late for me. Thanks for the info... I just bookmarked for next time. I have lots of old bally games so next board I need I'll do what you suggested. Cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfnrg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-evel-knievel-ek-ss-not-booting-up?tu=surfnrg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.