(Topic ID: 265950)

Issue with Black knight free play setting?

By Jimmyhonda

86 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Black_Knight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 86 days ago

Hello, I’m having issues getting Black Knight into free play. I’m not sure if I have another problem going on either. From what I know, I’m supposed to go to adjustment setting 18 and use the start button to set this to zero. Then cycle through a few more adjustments and power cycle. First, sometimes going through the adjustment 18, the numbers skip around? Very strange. Also, if I get to adjustment 19, sometimes it gets stuck on adjustment 19 and won’t go up or down anymore? But if I cycle up or down the various adjustments fast, it flys right by 19 with no problem? Very strange things going on. Last, if I do manage to set adjustment 18 to zero and then power cycle, it doesn’t save that? I changed the batteries too. I’m wondering if there are other things going on? Thank you for any help.

#2 86 days ago

Sounds like your buttons are acting up is the scrolling problem through all the numbers? See if you can clean the up a bit or find replacements. Check that the wires are all connected well. The wires are small and more fragile than the others in the machine.

Is it a factory board or aftermarket? Standard battery holder or Factory? Clean any corrosion on the mount and check the voltage from the board.

There is also a way to check the ram chip to see if it’s getting power from the battery when the machine is off. There’s a thread around here somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside