View topic image gallery

20220501_210118 (resized).jpg
20220501_212002 (resized).jpg
20220501_211539 (resized).jpg
20220501_210059 (resized).jpg
20220501_210103 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Hi,

got a problem with my AIQ Premium, i see that the thor switch wasnt registering in game so i look at it.
I see that switch wasnt responding, and the two purple target also and the black panther switch. All the rest is ok. No tech alert.

Where can be the issue ? CN12 looks ok.

Thanks a lot

Beastmaster

20220501_210059 (resized).jpg20220501_210103 (resized).jpg20220501_210118 (resized).jpg20220501_211539 (resized).jpg20220501_212002 (resized).jpg
#2 3 months ago

oh one wire was disconnect (one of the two black wire) under target -12 purple . Sold it again but nothing yet

#3 3 months ago

I am having a similar issue with Jurassic Park Premium, only 3 switches are not working and they also connected to CN12. The game was perfectly fine! and all and all of the sudden these switches stopped working.

I understand we have different games but the issue seems the same. My switches are connected to NODE 8, CN12.

Could this be a software issue, something automatically refreshed on the backend by the new Stern Connect? I find this issue odd! Especially when my game was perfectly fine!

#4 3 months ago

Edit found my issue: there was a break in the EOS switch by the upper flipper.
Need to solder it back up and we are back in business.

Here is how I found my issue:
Take a look at the switch reference manual and identify the switches, if they all belong to the same connector then you are on track to fix it how I did.
The switches have 2 wires, one is power I guess and the other is ground. Power goes straight from the connector to the switch, ground does not, and it jumps from one switch to the next from the node board-->connector-->switches in that connector.
They all share the same ground cable.

In my case, CN12 was black-red ground, so I checked all the switches on that connector (only 8 or 9 switches to check) until I found a broken/disconnected ground wire. It was the EOS at the upper flipper.

Hope that helps!

#5 3 months ago

Alternatively, you can use this to troubleshoot, which is probably a lot more appropriate:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

Page 37 has all the processes to diagnose the switches. It is actually quite easily now that I know what the correct process is.

Good luck!

#6 3 months ago

Hi Pin Fanndango, Thanks for help. looks like you must be right, the 4 targets are on the same wire.

Got to find the wire that has been unsolder ! Thanks i hope i ll find it

Beastmaster

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 19.95
€ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!