5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So one of the flippers has begun to chatter when held. Research on this topic seems to indicate to first inspect the flipper guts to see if anything looks abnormal. Inspection shows that the fishpaper has completely worn down where the pawl arm impacts it (actually for both flippers), so obviously fixing this is the first step (although other pointers would be welcomed here ).

This entire switch seems to be part BLY-ASWA2023, as listed at The Pinball Resource:

http://www.pbresource.com/KT-BFLIP03.html#complete

However, the switches are fine; all I need is the fishpaper, which has a circular hole where the switch contacts are. I have some spare fishpapers that I had gotten a while back from Marco's:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/06-73-3

but this do no have the hole for the contacts and seem to be about 1/16" thinner, and although it still seems to cover, but with the size of the circular hole that would need to be cut, there wouldn't much material around that hole, so that would be a fracture waiting to happen, so I think I need the wide style at the very least.

So I'd like to be able to get the fishpaper of the proper size & hole without having to get buy the whole switch. (If I did have to buy the switch, I would rather disassemble it to get the fishpaper and install that, so that I would not have to be concerned about re-soldering the wires.) Any ideas?

This also brings up the question of whether the fishpaper is necessary. Although this fishpaper is there for all my early Bally SSs and Night Rider EM, it is not there at all for Wizard!, so I am wondering if it is really necessary. Of course, it's there for a reason, and thus I wonder if I should install it onto Wizard! as well.

#4 5 years ago

I'll take a look at the resistance.

Looking at the EOS switches themselves, they look beat, so I am just going to replace them totally (which includes fresh fishpaper).

#5 5 years ago

OK, it looks like the coil failed the resistance test! I found another one out of a box of scavanged parts that looks in good shape and passes the test. Once I get the EOS switches from The Pinball Resource, I'll be able to test it out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-w-chattering-flipper-for-bally-playboy-amp-where-to-get-fishpaper?tu=swampwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.