(Topic ID: 5795)

Issue after issue I need advice on the latest one.

By rdonohue13

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by examiner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Ok first I would like to thank everyone for their help this forum has been great. I have finally put everything back together on my Monday Night Football last night. I rebuilt the flippers last night and then turned it on for a few games and the coils were smoking. I got advice from the forum and found the EOS were not opening so I fixed the gaps.
Then I started playing again with no problems until I set a high score. It asked me to type in my initials but the letters werent changing when I hit the flippers. So I turned off the machine and found the the last contact on the flippers werent being hit. So I fixed the gap on that. Now when I turn on the machine I hit start and the machine says it is missing balls. I checked they are all there. And when I went into the menus and found a place to check the typing that doesnt work either even with the connection being make.
I ran a switch test and nothing is wrong there. Is it possible I shorted something out? And if I did what How do I track that. I checked all the fuses and everyhing looks fine.
The only weird thing that happened was when I worked on the michine prior I was unplugging it. Tha last time I just turned it off and when I went to touch the prong it zapped me a little. I take it that could be the short. I have no clue.

#2 12 years ago

Monday Night football?
Data East?
1989?
Help us out here rdonohue13

#3 12 years ago

Maybe one of the switches in the ball trough isn't registering the ball. Put the game in "Switch Edge test" and check each switch or opto in the ball trough with a ball one at a time.

#4 12 years ago

Well and I also just checked it doesnt register the flippers for changing the letteres again even though it is hittling the sensor.

#5 12 years ago

Might be a fuse. Do you have a multimeter? If not you should get one to work on pins. Put the meter in Continuity mode and check all fuses in the backbox and look under the playfield for any fuses. Most older games had under playfield fuses, but I don't know about MNF.

#6 12 years ago

I assume you'd rather play the game than enter initials, so I'm going to concentrate on that problem..

The switch test you ran...you said it showed "nothing wrong". So assuming your balls are still in the game, it shows all of the trough switches as being closed?

shock is right, 99% of these kind of problems are trough switch related.

Take all the balls out, put the machine into switch edge test, and roll the balls into the outhole one at a time. You should see a switch close and stay closed. My bet is if you roll 5 balls in there (for instance), you'll only see 4 switches closed.

Really need to confirm those switches are acting properly before you head off into any other direction. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-after-issue-i-need-advice-on-the-latest-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.