Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pinside.35fcc32fe7927fe63ede64d37d0dac3f3b936759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231128-194834 (resized).png
    #1 7 months ago

I'm looking to add a vintage patch or 2 to my battle jacket. I snagged this image from the Stern FB feed from several years back. Anyone have any of these laying around and looking to make some cash? I know it's a long shot but I'd pay handsomely. Doesn't have to be these in particular.

Screenshot_20231128-194834 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231128-194834 (resized).png
    #2 7 months ago

Keep an eye on Ebay. Rare but they do show up there occasionally, sometimes on jackets or vests.

Quoted from Gubbin:

I'd pay handsomely.

You find the Mad one ( game was never made ) you will pay handsomely.

Good luck with your search.

LTG : )

#3 7 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Keep an eye on Ebay. Rare but they do show up there occasionally, sometimes on jackets or vests.

You find the Mad one ( game was never made ) you will pay handsomely.
    Good luck with your search.

That led me down a rabbit hole!

They need to bring these back

#4 7 months ago

On Ebay you can set it so if something you are looking for pops up it sends you an email.

Easier than checking everyday.

#5 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I'm looking to add a vintage patch or 2 to my battle jacket. I snagged this image from the Stern FB feed from several years back. Anyone have any of these laying around and looking to make some cash? I know it's a long shot but I'd pay handsomely. Doesn't have to be these in particular.
    [quoted image]

Wow! I’d love the Checkpoint and MNF ones! Curious I don’t see Torpedo Alley

#6 7 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’d love the Checkpoint and MNF ones!

I bet I know which patch crujones4life wants.

#7 7 months ago

I saw that post a while back too and I was drooling over them as well. I keep my eye out for them but I haven't stumbled across anything too great yet

#8 7 months ago

There were plans for a MAD pinball??

#10 7 months ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

There were plans for a MAD pinball??

Yes but it was canceled. It was going to have a Rudy type Alfred E. Nueman on the playfield from what I remember hearing. I wish that would have actually came out. Speaking of games that got patches but not an official release, I wonder if theres any Total Recall patches out there

#11 7 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes but it was canceled. It was going to have a Rudy type Alfred E. Nueman on the playfield from what I remember hearing. I wish that would have actually came out. Speaking of games that got patches but not an official release, I wonder if theres any Total Recall patches out there

Thanks to Joe Kaminkow, those patches and the rare Data East coats made it out.

Stern should offer up patches for all games , but they'd want $100 per patch

#12 7 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes but it was canceled. It was going to have a Rudy type Alfred E. Nueman

Wonder if DE backed off this because of gottleib's legal wranglings with williams over the freddy head.

#13 7 months ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

Wonder if DE backed off this because of gottleib's legal wranglings with williams over the freddy head.

I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it. Williams already had successfully sued Data East over other copyright infringements (I think it was lethal weapon being a copy of T2). According to IPDB Gary Stern said it was because it wouldn't sell in the German market, which is probably also true, but I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't other factors as well.

#14 7 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Thanks to Joe Kaminkow, those patches and the rare Data East coats made it out.

LOL us idiots would pay it!

#15 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

LOL us idiots would pay it!

HELL! I asked JD about this patch on his jacket and apparently it was a Stern Employee only kind of thing. Gary can be seen wearing it in the recent charity video.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #16 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

HELL! I asked JD about this patch on his jacket and apparently it was a Stern Employee only kind of thing. Gary can be seen wearing it in the recent charity video.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Jack also has that sick trucker hat with the old school Stern Electronics patch on it. I would buy one in an instant if I could

#17 7 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

And $175 for the LE version!

#18 7 months ago

I have this oversized embroidered Elvira patch......

IMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
    #19 7 months ago

I see a bunch of Elvira house of horrors patches on Ebay but thats it for Stern titles

#20 7 months ago

Any interest in this?

May turn into an auction. lol

pinside.35fcc32fe7927fe63ede64d37d0dac3f3b936759 (resized).jpgpinside.35fcc32fe7927fe63ede64d37d0dac3f3b936759 (resized).jpg
    #21 7 months ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Any interest in this?
    May turn into an auction. lol[quoted image]

Was that an arcade?

#22 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

Was that an arcade?

Arcade chain. Nation wide.

#23 7 months ago

It also has crossover appeal to general arcade/gameroom collectors, since it was a fine arcade.

1 week later
    #24 7 months ago

Well.. I found some on eBay. I convinced the seller to sell it as a lot. I don't even want to say what I paid for them. It's hard to say if they are genuine but I can't imagine someone going to the trouble to counterfeit these things. Either way, these are going to be sweet on my battle jacket. Is it wrong to wear these?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.