Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by gottlieb_fanatic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Does anyone know where i could find Mylar that has a transparent backing instead of a solid color backing? I'm restoring a MGOW and wanted to lay a whole sheet over the playfield and wanted it to be clear so I can lay the whole sheet down on top and be able to mark everything that needs to be cut out before sticking it down. Thanks

#2 4 months ago

Have you checked Pinball Resource site?

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from gottlieb_fanatic:

Does anyone know where i could find Mylar that has a transparent backing instead of a solid color backing? I'm restoring a MGOW and wanted to lay a whole sheet over the playfield and wanted it to be clear so I can lay the whole sheet down on top and be able to mark everything that needs to be cut out before sticking it down. Thanks

maybe do it on tracing paper and then transfer it?

#4 4 months ago

I would think it would be easier to just apply it then cut out the openings, rather than tracing, cutting it out, and trying to get it to line up.

Otherwise you could scan your playfield and get someone to laser cut or cricut you a pattern.

#5 4 months ago

I buy my mylar aka vinyl is rolls off Amazon

#6 4 months ago

I'd stick it down first, then cut out what needs cut out.

1 week later
#7 3 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

maybe do it on tracing paper and then transfer it?

That's probably what'll I'll do, I already got a whole roll of it been using it to make stencils of the art work on the cabinet.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside