(Topic ID: 232390)

Is Xfiles really worth more than T2 now?

By Sinistarrett

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Played an Xfiles on location and hate to admit I kinda liked it. Got me thinking about moving out my T2 and maybe casually looking for an Xfiles to go in its place...seems to me Xfiles has historically been crapped on and not worth that much, but when I checked the pinside values it shows Xfiles now runs about 500 bucks more than T2! I know a lot of the “quirkier” pins have risen in value but still, not quite convinced. Just curious if the casual Pinsider would value an Xfiles 500 bucks over T2.

#2 5 years ago

The main reason for price increase is there are a lot more people joining the hobby. Rarer titles like X-Files seem to be quickly rising in value. They made 15,000 T2 pins, only 1500 X-Files. Titles that are easier to find seem to be holding steady or slowly rising in price.

#3 5 years ago

The main reason people are asking more for x files because you don't see them go up for sale too often. I also think it's a better game than T2 I still own x files and I sold my T2 recently.

#4 5 years ago

There is an x files in the market right now for $2300.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70409

I wouldn’t sell my T2 for that

#5 5 years ago

Worth more, that's a market thing based on rarity, better game, not a chance in hell!!

#6 5 years ago

There was one x-files that was available locally for $1900 for a few weeks just a few months ago. I was tempted on it, but had other stuff going on, so I wasn't too motivated on it.

#7 5 years ago

I remember passing on 2 different Xfiles a couple years ago...one was really nice and was 1400 bucks, the other needed some work and was 800. Of course I passed on other pin deals back then that would also be a steal today, as Im sure we all did.
That 1900 deal sounds like around what I was wanting/expecting to pay these days for that title in good shape.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The main reason for price increase is there are a lot more people joining the hobby.

That don't know how shitty some games are and buy them

#9 5 years ago

If I had 2k burning a pin hole in my pocket and had to choose from the two, X-Files all day long.

I mean it's basically a ripoff of Theater of Magic but the theme is great.

#10 5 years ago

It should be when compared to both in similar conditions.

#11 5 years ago

Love the X Files theme and tv show, have had several cross my path over the years but never pulled the trigger. Meanwhile T2 was the first dmd game I ever bought, over 20 years ago, still have it. Obviously love that theme too.... To answer your question though, no I don't see X Files as worth more.

Merry Christmas everybody!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That don't know how shitty some games are and buy them

Oh I agree. My first pins were baby pac man and Star Wars episode 1.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-xfiles-really-worth-more-than-t2-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.