WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The hilarity, from my perspective, is the group-think behavior. Nobody was chasing the game two weeks ago. The game hasn’t changed with a code drop or whatnot since then. All of the sudden, everyone wants it, even if it means paying $12k+ for CEs! Just because others want it. Yep, hilarious.

It's a great game that people who take the time to learn it end up really liking.

Wonka, like POTC, suffered from the Pinside hater effect at launch. And as with POTC people are coming around to realize it's actually really good.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I like Wonka just fine. I play it regularly. I’m not knocking the game. I liked it the first time I played it. Classic Lawlor layout. But, everyone jumping on it in literally the last three or four days has been humorous.

Yeah that's what I mean.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Play it more... I am a decent player and play tourneys here and there ( at least I did pre covid)
I didnt like it either until I spent real time learning it.
Its not a game you can play 10 times and get whats going on and why its works.
Its a great mix of hard and easy shots and can be a ballbuster.

Exactly right. A handful of plays and you won't "get" the game. The callouts will seem confusing, etc.

TBH when I got my Wonka SE I was ready to push it down the stairs the first night
The next day I spent more time with it and starting making sense of things, and it quickly grew to our most heavily played game.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The first time you experience that wonka boat ride with the shaker getting stronger and stronger is pretty cool.

Hitting Wonka's Office was (and remains) a big pinball moment for us too!

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im curious does the game just end? Like after you escape Nebula on JP, the game ends, thats it. I kind of like that but I dont know what other games end like JP does. Like an actual closure and you can move on with your life and another game kind of thing.

No, Wonka's Office is what you get for the 2nd Golden Ticket. Much more game left to pursue!

I don't want to spoil it for you or others who might not have seen it yet.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have you gotten more then 3 golden tickets yet?I posted a high score of 17 mil. last night it’s legit on factory settings and still only got to and past Wonka’s office.This time I played around in office shooting required shots left to right.I scored a lot of points with the 500 Wonka bars and 8x bonuses I have blisters on my fingers!

My wife has gotten 3 tickets, once. I still have not. Both of us are still engaged with it and trying though!

It's all about managing the Kid MB jackpots while also pursuing the other goals in the game. If you mess up the kids, your game is likely shot.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

What do we think about price for CE ahead? I think JJP did NOT sell all 5000 LE and 500CE, and they will do a rerun after GnR demand is met.

I don’t know why people keep thinking JJP will do infinite reruns of games. It hasn’t happened since WOZ/Hobbit.
And if it was EVER going to happen, it would have been POTC.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Oh, I thought they make reruns until all 5000LE and 500 CE are sold out? POTC has already sold out on all LE/CE, am I wrong?

That's not a re-run, that's the planned run. I do expect JJP will end up making all 5000 LEs, and they already sold out of the CEs.

What is in dispute is people thinking "JJP will just make a super super CE later" which I don't believe will ever happen.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Well I just got my new Willy Wonka CE delivered today only to find this.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please tell me you rejected that!

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Well I just got my new Willy Wonka CE delivered today only to find this.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks to me some brain surgeon cut away the pallet and didn't realize that it was loose and tippable without it.

So sorry for your loss, keep us posted on the resolution.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Here is a good overview

Hey glad you liked it! You might also like the followup deep dive on Kid Multiball and the various jackpots needed to get the ticket.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Oh thats you! Yeah man watched this over and over - thought it was a good straight forward explanation. I will definitely be checking out this next video

Skip to 8 mins or so, I had some audio problems in the secondary views when I started it

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Funny I can tell by your videos you love this game yet people went on a crusade to flag a ton of reviews including yours
Why do people want to sabotage ratings on this sute
[quoted image]

Beats me, it's a legitimate review and sentiment as you can tell. Games we love we play the shit out of, and games we don't get sold when we tire of them.

I have yet to tire of any of the games in my collection, especially not GNR/Wonka/POTC.

2 weeks later
#258 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Kid MB is such a great mode. Haterz don’t get it, and I couldn’t care less.

Strategic too.

1 week later
#273 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Prices should only be higher on games made after the announcement of the price increase. This dealer already had this CE in stock and paid the old price for it. This is a dealer charging more for a game that is becoming hard to find. Not cool.

Supply and demand - can't fight the invisible hand bro

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Glad I got in on this earlier!

Out of curiosity what held you back for the last two years?

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Really just getting into pinball last October... Started w/ GnR SE, loved it... now WWCE love even more (way different and more challenging to me). Can’t wait to see what comes next from JJP.

Welcome to the hobby, you've started strong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out?tu=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.