WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

Kind of hilarious all the people that bought a CE in the past week or two. Very strange buying pattern. I guess everyone is assuming JJP can't re-run any games since they can't meet current game demand in a timely fashion.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP is a very small company and can only make around 45 games a week, with very few workers. They are in the tiny assembler category that Spooky is in (Spooky has 19 people). In contrast, Stern’s output is 75 games or more a day and they have hundreds of workers.

I understand this, but I wouldn't assume JJP is not going to re-run games at different times. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but they certainly didn't come out and say they won't. Also, I wouldn't call the a "very small" company like say Spooky (who is small by design). Who's to say JJP doesn't ramp up the production numbers? I'm sure they want to sell all the games they can.

What I found hilarious is the fact that Wonka's been out for what, 2 years? And everyone jumped on it this past week when rumors of "it's out of stock!!!" started flying and then they all of the sudden had to have it. Definitely good for distros with dusty stock as people fight for all the CEs that were still out there.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wonka is never going to be a high demand game or one people bolt to the floor. It shoots well but many issues that kept me from buying one. Wonka shoots way better than GNR imo, but GNR is the better all around package of the 2.

Agreed!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I agree too that GNR will be plentiful.
But what about Wonka?
I dont understand the hilarity. Maybe people were waiting for later runs to avoid the PF issues? Maybe buyers have finally gotten around to pl

The hilarity, from my perspective, is the group-think behavior. Nobody was chasing the game two weeks ago. The game hasn’t changed with a code drop or whatnot since then. All of the sudden, everyone wants it, even if it means paying $12k+ for CEs! Just because others want it. Yep, hilarious.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's a great game that people who take the time to learn it end up really liking.
Wonka, like POTC, suffered from the Pinside hater effect at launch. And as with POTC people are coming around to realize it's actually really good.

I like Wonka just fine. I play it regularly. I’m not knocking the game. I liked it the first time I played it. Classic Lawlor layout. But, everyone jumping on it in literally the last three or four days has been humorous.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Jjp’s laughing all the way to the bank I guess. Not sure what’s so humorous about it. What was humorous is all the people buying Zep LE unseen and without playing it. And justifying $5,600 for the barren Zep pro. That’s downright hysterical.
And so are all the people coming in here questioning - or even caring - that Wonka’s are selling out, let alone finding it amusing.

Wow, you guys are defensive. I want JJP to succeed. I’ve bought 5 of their games NIB. I generally like them. What I found humorous was all the people that jumped on Wonka in the past few days. Everyone didn’t just discover the game finally this week. The code didn’t change. They just got caught up in the hype and went from Wonka not even being on their radar to furiously searching for a CE for $12k+.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 32.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,600 (OBO)
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out?tu=drjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.