WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

As I had been looking for a Wonka I came to realize stock was extremely low. All the information I could get was that LE's were sold out. I was able to find an SE but it was the last one a distributor had and it was mentioned that most or all SEs are sold out. Soon after the CEs seemed to start moving and selling out.

So what is it - are SE and LEs sold out? CEs still available?

#4 3 years ago

I keep reading people posting about it which is why I started the thread... hoping some distributors would chime in on the status if they know.

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I read a few days ago the CEs are also sold out. Might be difficult to find now, I don't think they made that many Wonkas. I never saw an LE break the 1,000 mark for its serial number, and they were supposed to make 5,000 of them?

#8 3 years ago

Doesn’t get more reliable than that thanks for chiming in ZMeny

Quoted from ZMeny:

Standards were discontinued a couple months back. Hard to find a dealer with some still in inventory
LE are also discontinued and I don’t know of any dealers with any
CEs are also discontinued via email from jjp last week, but some dealers may still have some in their inventory

#17 3 years ago

Thanks for the input! Looks like there are still CEs listed

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We are sold out of all models as well
Greg
Pinballpro.com

#20 3 years ago

For me to be honest I assume this. I also assume they will want to keep moving forward and not backward in that regard as they are picking up momentum. I thought the SE price point was also manageable and its possible they wont have games priced in that range in the future.

I always wanted to add a JJP to the collection now was a good time before they were completely sold out.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Kind of hilarious all the people that bought a CE in the past week or two. Very strange buying pattern. I guess everyone is assuming JJP can't re-run any games since they can't meet current game demand in a timely fashion.

#33 3 years ago

Hard to spend CE type money and not be 100% happy. Have you played it though?

Quoted from manadams:

Yes it's a thing at least with me.

#60 3 years ago

I agree too that GNR will be plentiful.

But what about Wonka?

I dont understand the hilarity. Maybe people were waiting for later runs to avoid the PF issues? Maybe buyers have finally gotten around to pl

Quoted from DrJoe:

I understand this, but I wouldn't assume JJP is not going to re-run games at different times. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but they certainly didn't come out and say they won't. Also, I wouldn't call the a "very small" company like say Spooky (who is small by design). Who's to say JJP doesn't ramp up the production numbers? I'm sure they want to sell all the games they can.
What I found hilarious is the fact that Wonka's been out for what, 2 years? And everyone jumped on it this past week when rumors of "it's out of stock!!!" started flying and then they all of the sudden had to have it. Definitely good for distros with dusty stock as people fight for all the CEs that were still out there.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good points. However, JJP has been going as a company for nearly 12 years now and still a tiny company. So don’t think much is going to change as far as that goes. FOMO is what is driving sales for all companies at present. Judging by JJP history and the fact that they only have 2 designers and their past history, they are going to stay a tiny company for the foreseeable future. It would take an enormous investment by the new owners to ramp it much further.
If JJP were to create more games and have many versions like they’ve done with WOZ and Hobbit, FOMO will not be a factor and sales will stagnate like they have in the past for JJP. Remember, POTC wasn’t selling well at all until they announced they would not make it any further, because no one wanted it. I was at a big show presentation that Jack gave and he asked for a show of hands in a full room of people, how many were going to buy POTC? Only one person raised their hand.
The same is true for Wonka, few wanted it, till it was understood no more are being made. By pinball numbers terms, all JJP games have been quite dismal sales wise. Only WOZ which was so much lower in price $6500 has ever had any sales numbers of any significance. GNR had the scalpers out in force, hence the CE’s being snapped up, since they didn’t want to miss out, like they did on POTC. There is going to be a glut of GNR’s for sale in the future, after the honeymoon is over and people want to move onto the new shiny.

#65 3 years ago

Funny I was thinking the same thing.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haha ow my balls , isn’t that from idiocracy ?

What about Wonka you guys keep talking about GNR. Bolt on floor game or not?

#71 3 years ago

12k+ is just hilarious in a way in general so I hear ya

Quoted from DrJoe:

The hilarity, from my perspective, is the group-think behavior. Nobody was chasing the game two weeks ago. The game hasn’t changed with a code drop or whatnot since then. All of the sudden, everyone wants it, even if it means paying $12k+ for CEs! Just because others want it. Yep, hilarious.

#76 3 years ago

On the flip side look at GNR.... lots of hype up front but I have to admit I didn’t love the gameplay in general. Amazing still

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

The group think really starts when it was launched.... the bitchfest on here was strong.
People just wrote if off based on other peoples opinions and the miles of complaints about playfield issues.
Turns out Wonka is their best playing game... whooops.
The backlog of negative commenting on it (mainly from people who never played the fucking thing) was so strong that for the last year when I talked up the game people thought I was nuts.

#98 3 years ago

But they won’t announce that.

I only bought new cause I couldn’t find a used one locally. Dont think I’ll ever buy a game used without seeing it and never felt comfortable sending that kind of cash to private party without being in person.

I also bought it cause I like the game. Funny how people who have never played this game like to comment on why people are buying it.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Too funny.
I so want this game, now that I can't get it!
If JJP announced they were making another 1000 in the next week or two, the bubble would go pop!

#100 3 years ago

So the judgement here is that one game is better and holding more value because it’s more approachable with less code and appeals to the casual players who just likes to bash things?

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Way less code, but is more approachable to many more. Casual players like to bash things not hit flowing shots w/complex rules.

#102 3 years ago

Fair enough I see your point

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Nah not better but different. It's hard to argue with a game that's not a shooter or half the game of a Wonka.

#129 3 years ago

Well mine just showed up very excited!

E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpegE9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg
#140 3 years ago

I sold some games and had some cash. Started to look in to what I could bring in to the collection. I have always wanted a JJP game in the house but when the gnr price increase hit I was out on that too little in the SE and not a huge fan. Not paying over 10k for an LE. For some reason Lawlor games find their way to my house. I asked around and nobody knew of any Wonka for sale locally. Put up a want ad and nothing. Saw other want ads with no traction.

Started asking around about new to find out LE were not available but could get lucky on an SE so pulled the trigger. That’s my story just dumb luck I was looking and stock was almost out

Quoted from Gribbs:

Since there is SO much speculation as to why people are buying Wonka and Dialed In 'suddenly', I can at least offer my personal reasons as a player/collector.
I have a buddy whose opinion on game I trust quite a bit. He likes games with great shots, some flow and depth of rules/modes. He has been talking both of these games up (and JJP games, in general) for quite a while. I get first 'dibs' on his games when he is done with them, and two weeks ago he mentioned that his Wonka and Dialed In were never leaving his collection. That got my attention, so I started looking around, and I decided to go NIB from JJP (they had a few Wonka CEs left), even though I have been avoiding newer games due to play field issues. We LOVE the game. My wife and step-son have been playing, and even my step-daughter and her boyfriend have shown interest. LOVE it.
Well, after JJP quickly sold out of Wonka CEs, and I started to read about a run on the title in general, I felt like I got in just in time. SO...that got me thinking about securing a Dialed In...again, a game I was ALWAYS going to get, at some point, but loving my Wonka CE so much and seeing what was going on, I happened to find a DI CE NIB yesterday, and then came on Pinside to see people talking about a possible run on THOSE. So, do I count as a "I just have such deep pockets, and I HAD to have them just because of FOMO even though I don't care bout the titles", or did I start to see the writing on the wall as far as both of these titles I wanted because of reputation becoming harder to find NIB, so I pulled the trigger? It is the latter.
Yes, I paid NIB CE prices for both, but since I expect them to both be in my collection for a LONG time, I am very happy. So, I don't know what other peoples' stories are, but that was the reason for 2 JJP NIB sales this past two weeks.

#145 3 years ago

Wow well that answers the question of this thread. Thanks

Quoted from Grindle3:

I currently have 28 CE models in stock at classicgamerooms.com. We are not price gouging like some dealers.

#176 3 years ago

Why do you think this? Why not put out POTC where you can upcharge or put out newly designed games?

Quoted from Northstar1976:

What do we think about price for CE ahead? I think JJP did NOT sell all 5000 LE and 500CE, and they will do a rerun after GnR demand is met.

#201 3 years ago

I guess I should change the title if this thread to “How long until Wonka is sold out?”

Congrats to the new CE owners

#203 3 years ago

No idea but it really is a great game. I have had it in the house for a few days now really has some great shots and flow. The more people catch on to how well this game plays even over other JJP machines and other manufacturers delivering machines the more you will want one.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am looking forward to the CE price once they are sold out? What is your guess?
17,500?

#207 3 years ago

Pending for a month?

Quoted from nicoy3k:

One is on the market for 11500 right now.

#213 3 years ago

I’m on the fence about this - heard the effects on it were weak. Worth the 300?

Quoted from Deez:

If you're going to get a topper I'd order one before they sell out. I just got mine and it's incredible. I'm so happy with it.
[quoted image]

#222 3 years ago

Just got mine last week set up Tuesday night

1. No chipping and no washer. I did put washer under my post as preventative measure.

2. I did not have rail issues. Honestly other than the tilt bob switch needing to just be touched in switch test the game worked 100% out of the box.

3. My kid doesnt care he loves the kids on the screen and trying to free the kids. Loves the sounds and watching the display. Loves just playing the game the rules arent that hard once you understand them. Just lot of little things. Here is a good overview

+

Amazing game. Definitely deserves the full translite LED and the backboard. Lets get another Wonka in Cincy!

Quoted from estrader:

Thinking about picking one of these up but have a couple questions for you guys who have recently purchased one.
1. Is there chipping under the sling post or did jjp put some type of washer under them?
2. Any problems out of the box besides a couple of rails being damaged? How much time did it take you to dial it in?
3. With how deep the game is do your children have trouble understanding the goals to progress in the game? (my kids are all under the age of 8 )
I appreciate any feedback....Thank you

#224 3 years ago

Oh thats you! Yeah man watched this over and over - thought it was a good straight forward explanation. I will definitely be checking out this next video

Quoted from zaphX:

Hey glad you liked it! You might also like the followup deep dive on Kid Multiball and the various jackpots needed to get the ticket.

#231 3 years ago

Are people able to still get new PFs for pooling or is it very difficult to have them give you one?

Quoted from Tdavis7965:

1. No chipping, no washer for the metal posts. I do have minor pooling on the lower slings around the upper metal posts - Looks like the posts are at a very slight angle that cause some pooling on that side... trying to decide to file a claim in case it starts chipping at some point. Star posts seem ok.
2. My backbox is showing some dried “glue” or
Something at the top where the side connect to the top. I have cleaned up pretty well but thought was kind of sloppy work, not sure if anyone else had this issue? Also, be careful with the left side blade, the playfield is too tight that it will cause damage when you raise, I have ordered some protectors mentioned in this thread and may see about getting a new left blade. I slightly increased the flippers to my liking and dialed back the ball ejector. I may also add some lighting as the game is pretty dark compared to my GNR.
3. Kids love the game with or without the rules... I think this one will stay for a long time as we all have smiles while playing

#235 3 years ago

Funny I can tell by your videos you love this game yet people went on a crusade to flag a ton of reviews including yours

Why do people want to sabotage ratings on this sute

Quoted from zaphX:

Skip to 8 mins or so, I had some audio problems in the secondary views when I started it

D7BC08D6-13D7-4B3A-8EDB-B7FDDB1E9F5F (resized).pngD7BC08D6-13D7-4B3A-8EDB-B7FDDB1E9F5F (resized).png
#238 3 years ago

I take it the flags aren’t moderated? I just assumed they were

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not even a crusade, its just a fault in the flagging system. People use it just like giving a thumbs down.

#240 3 years ago

LAME. Makes me think of the Kaneda pinside babies show

Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea. My JP review gets 4 flag for not blowing loads all over it; stupid.

2 weeks later
#249 3 years ago

You can’t be serious...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

No difference in quality between stern and JJP

#263 3 years ago

Well said. Challenging enough to make me learn. Enough for me to progress in points as I learn. Hard AF in general but so much to do.

I’ve been just going for mystery captive ball to play all those having fun with that alone. Plus testing my shaker motor

Quoted from DaddyManD:

It also comes with adjustable outlane posts. We inserted our posts because otherwise we'd all be frustrated including our kids. But we have all of the modes set to factory so its a challenge to progress through. It feels appropriately difficult to get to the wizard modes. For HUO, I couldn't think of a better game. It combines depth, strategy, and challenge and the most amazing set up shots from the magnet at the upper left flipper to the diverter on left ramp to the saucer setting up the shots from upper right flipper. This is our favorite game in my home including my wife.

#270 3 years ago
5A8CCFE0-E8EC-4115-8F4D-EC9DDE3DF10C (resized).png5A8CCFE0-E8EC-4115-8F4D-EC9DDE3DF10C (resized).png
#283 3 years ago

Classic Game Room sold out wow they had like 30 in stock. Amazing game

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It appears to be quickly approaching that point. Classic Game Rooms and Coin Taker no longer have any listed online (including eBay).
I purchased the second to last CE today that Pinball Pirate has. They have one LE as well, but it is out of box.
Orange County Pinball still showing CE on its website for a mere $15K.
No doubt, just a matter of time before that's gone too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.