WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

SOLD OUT!! Damn it... you mean I can't stare at little children & candy

You know, the ones who look at things that way are OFTEN...oh, never mind.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

You know, the ones who look at things that way are OFTEN...oh, never mind.

Thise meeks kno ceinse

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Thise meeks kno ceinse

I will try to make it clear: If you equate 'playing Willy Wonka pinball' with "staring at little children and candy", there might be something a little 'off' about you.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I will try to make it clear: If you equate 'playing Willy Wonka pinball' with "staring at little children and candy", there might be something a little 'off' about you.

. lol isn't that the theme young children & candy... Oh my young William

775b2915693aa383d3d4e8f349d88005--space-tv-lost-in-space (resized).jpg775b2915693aa383d3d4e8f349d88005--space-tv-lost-in-space (resized).jpg
#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

You're right; enjoy "Kid Multiball"

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

You're right; enjoy "Kid Multiball"

Haha. Keep making my point.

#257 3 years ago

Kid MB is such a great mode. Haterz don’t get it, and I couldn’t care less.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Kid MB is such a great mode. Haterz don’t get it, and I couldn’t care less.

Strategic too.

#259 2 years ago

New to the WW but I have read posts about how difficult it is.
My question is when commenting on difficulty is this a reference to factory settings? Or is there a 'normal' setting that is different from how it arrives from the factory?

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My question is when commenting on difficulty is this a reference to factory settings? Or is there a 'normal' setting that is different from how it arrives from the factory?

For me (below average player) I find this is definitely a game that needs to be "man handled" more then using luck. Meaning, a roll out of the pops is almost by design to drain as are the out-lanes. Almost brutal some days lol. Not in a bad way but also not like a typical Stern if you will. Absolutely a great game just a bit frustrating at times if you're not willing to Really get physically into playing it. Again, just my view of the difficulty as you Need to always be observant and in control on this game.

#261 2 years ago

It also comes with adjustable outlane posts. We inserted our posts because otherwise we'd all be frustrated including our kids. But we have all of the modes set to factory so its a challenge to progress through. It feels appropriately difficult to get to the wizard modes. For HUO, I couldn't think of a better game. It combines depth, strategy, and challenge and the most amazing set up shots from the magnet at the upper left flipper to the diverter on left ramp to the saucer setting up the shots from upper right flipper. This is our favorite game in my home including my wife.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If you are not a tournament top level type player, it's pretty difficult to get the 3rd golden ticket, very hard to get a 4th. Not necessarily a bad thing as you can keep trying different strategies and figuring things out, exploring. Once you reach the point of giving up, the programmers have given you different settings options to make it interesting again. Random ticket "reward" modes is one of them to be able to reach/play modes that you never or rarely played. We have had ours for about 21 months and we are just now looking at possibly modifying a few things to keep it interesting without nerfing the rules. Definitely a great pin and so much to learn. Pay close attention to call outs and instructions on the small screen. Look up the rules for the different tickets.

Play often to play better.

#263 2 years ago

Well said. Challenging enough to make me learn. Enough for me to progress in points as I learn. Hard AF in general but so much to do.

I’ve been just going for mystery captive ball to play all those having fun with that alone. Plus testing my shaker motor

Quoted from DaddyManD:

It also comes with adjustable outlane posts. We inserted our posts because otherwise we'd all be frustrated including our kids. But we have all of the modes set to factory so its a challenge to progress through. It feels appropriately difficult to get to the wizard modes. For HUO, I couldn't think of a better game. It combines depth, strategy, and challenge and the most amazing set up shots from the magnet at the upper left flipper to the diverter on left ramp to the saucer setting up the shots from upper right flipper. This is our favorite game in my home including my wife.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For me (below average player) I find this is definitely a game that needs to be "man handled" more then using luck. Meaning, a roll out of the pops is almost by design to drain as are the out-lanes. Almost brutal some days lol. Not in a bad way but also not like a typical Stern if you will. Absolutely a great game just a bit frustrating at times if you're not willing to Really get physically into playing it. Again, just my view of the difficulty as you Need to always be observant and in control on this game.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Quoted from KingBW:

If you are not a tournament top level type player, it's pretty difficult to get the 3rd golden ticket, very hard to get a 4th. Not necessarily a bad thing as you can keep trying different strategies and figuring things out, exploring. Once you reach the point of giving up, the programmers have given you different settings options to make it interesting again. Random ticket "reward" modes is one of them to be able to reach/play modes that you never or rarely played. We have had ours for about 21 months and we are just now looking at possibly modifying a few things to keep it interesting without nerfing the rules. Definitely a great pin and so much to learn. Pay close attention to call outs and instructions on the small screen. Look up the rules for the different tickets.
Play often to play better.

Quoted from djsolzs:

Well said. Challenging enough to make me learn. Enough for me to progress in points as I learn. Hard AF in general but so much to do.
I’ve been just going for mystery captive ball to play all those having fun with that alone. Plus testing my shaker motor

Thanks All,

Are you referring to how the game plays with the factory default settings?
My assumption is yes.

#265 2 years ago

The factory layout is hard because the game can drain a lot when it’s in the mood to. Still, long games can and do happen.

The main reason the game is so challenging - and maddening! And FUN! - is because there are a million ways to play it, and a zillion strategies, and trying to stick to one is practically impossible because you have so many choices and it’s so easy to get caught up in the moment and totally abandon your strategy. I feel like Sybil playing this game.

To really succeed in this game you need to be disciplined. Otherwise, just hope you get one of those mayhem balls where a bunch of things are happening at once - stacked- and all hell is breaking loose and your score goes through the roof!

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The factory layout is hard because the game can drain a lot when it’s in the mood to. Still, long games can and do happen.
The main reason the game is so challenging - and maddening! And FUN! - is because there are a million ways to play it, and a zillion strategies, and trying to stick to one is practically impossible because you have so many choices and it’s so easy to get caught up in the moment and totally abandon your strategy. I feel like Sybil playing this game.
To really succeed in this game you need to be disciplined. Otherwise, just hope you get one of those mayhem balls where a bunch of things are happening at once - stacked- and all hell is breaking loose and your score goes through the roof!

Nail on the head!

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks All,
Are you referring to how the game plays with the factory default settings?
My assumption is yes.

Factory for me.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Nail on the head!

If loving WW is crazy I don’t want to be sane!

#269 2 years ago

Anyone know if the price on WW NIB increased $1k? Noticed today some CEs selling NIB at $13,500...

#270 2 years ago
5A8CCFE0-E8EC-4115-8F4D-EC9DDE3DF10C (resized).png5A8CCFE0-E8EC-4115-8F4D-EC9DDE3DF10C (resized).png
#271 2 years ago

Would be great to understand what is driving this up after the announced increase on GnR... supply/demand?

#272 2 years ago

Prices should only be higher on games made after the announcement of the price increase. This dealer already had this CE in stock and paid the old price for it. This is a dealer charging more for a game that is becoming hard to find. Not cool.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Prices should only be higher on games made after the announcement of the price increase. This dealer already had this CE in stock and paid the old price for it. This is a dealer charging more for a game that is becoming hard to find. Not cool.

Supply and demand - can't fight the invisible hand bro

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

... This is a dealer charging more for a game that is becoming hard to find.

Yep - Classic Game Rooms raised their Wonka CE prices $1,000 to $13,500 yesterday.

CoinTaker was already charging $13,500 and Orange County Pinball's listed price is $15K.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Orange County Pinball's listed price is $15K.

#276 2 years ago

Yep - Classic Game Rooms raised their Wonka CE prices $1,000 to $13,500 yesterday.
CoinTaker was already charging $13,500 and Orange County Pinball's listed price is $15K.

Glad I got in on this earlier!

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Glad I got in on this earlier!

Out of curiosity what held you back for the last two years?

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So lets say a distributor still had a POTC CE in his inventory and wanted to sell it now. Should he sell it for what the price was when he bought it? I understand no one wants to pay more and more money for games, but when there is more demand than supply, well, you know what happens.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Out of curiosity what held you back for the last two years?

Really just getting into pinball last October... Started w/ GnR SE, loved it... now WWCE love even more (way different and more challenging to me). Can’t wait to see what comes next from JJP.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Really just getting into pinball last October... Started w/ GnR SE, loved it... now WWCE love even more (way different and more challenging to me). Can’t wait to see what comes next from JJP.

Welcome to the hobby, you've started strong!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Is Willy Wonka sold out?

It appears to be quickly approaching that point. Classic Game Rooms and Coin Taker no longer have any listed online (including eBay).

I purchased the second to last CE today that Pinball Pirate has. They have one LE as well, but it is out of box.

Orange County Pinball still showing CE on its website for a mere $15K.

No doubt, just a matter of time before that's gone too.

#282 2 years ago

It appears to be quickly approaching that point. Classic Game Rooms and Coin Taker no longer have any listed online (including eBay).
I purchased the second to last CE today that Pinball Pirate has. They have one LE as well, but it is out of box.

There is one in a box in St. Louis too

#283 2 years ago

Classic Game Room sold out wow they had like 30 in stock. Amazing game

#284 2 years ago

Pinball pirate still has LE and CE in stock

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.