WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 3 years ago

I guess I should change the title if this thread to “How long until Wonka is sold out?”

Congrats to the new CE owners

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I guess I should change the title if this thread to “How long until Wonka is sold out?”
Congrats to the new CE owners

I am looking forward to the CE price once they are sold out? What is your guess?

17,500?

#203 3 years ago

No idea but it really is a great game. I have had it in the house for a few days now really has some great shots and flow. The more people catch on to how well this game plays even over other JJP machines and other manufacturers delivering machines the more you will want one.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am looking forward to the CE price once they are sold out? What is your guess?
17,500?

#204 3 years ago

Just got mine home, WWCE 102 in the house! Thanks Jason at Classic Game Rooms!

2A6CB343-FEA2-4E23-A39C-F1D09B52D87F (resized).jpeg2A6CB343-FEA2-4E23-A39C-F1D09B52D87F (resized).jpeg
#205 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

17,500?

One is on the market for 11500 right now.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

17,500?

That's not the way pin stonks works. You put your flip price at $25k and when the for sale thread gets bumped 200 times with all the outrage, some poor schlub buys it at asking price.

#207 3 years ago

Pending for a month?

Quoted from nicoy3k:

One is on the market for 11500 right now.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

In my earlier post I mentioned that WiWo is the only in box ready to buy and ship JJP. However it appears this is not the case. DILEs are still available too.
Another Pat Lawlor game (like Wonka) which is a blast despite the apparent lack of love for the theme.

Pinball Star had some ready to ship GNR Standards...not sure if they are gone or not, but they were there about a week ago

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I just ordered a Wonka CE from Jason at Classic Gamerooms. Super easy transaction. In stock and shipping today!

I got my Wonka SE from Jason last year. I've done a few transactions with him, and I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance so the only shipping that was done was in the back of my RAV4 for the 60 mile or so drive...

If you have the opportunity to pick up a game from Jason at his "showroom" you should do it sometime. It is amazing all the stuff he has in his warehouse, and all the stories he has to tell of the opportunities he gets to acquire large lots of games from manufacturers for whatever reason...

Super great guy, highest possible recommendation!

#210 3 years ago

Wonka CE #135 in the house! Beautiful game but unfortunately I have some damage(dents) to the top of both side rails. Working with Jason at Classic Games to address.

BE31C4AC-C126-490D-91FE-F3F1632B8C72 (resized).jpegBE31C4AC-C126-490D-91FE-F3F1632B8C72 (resized).jpeg
#211 3 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Wonka CE #135 in the house! Beautiful game but unfortunately I have some damage(dents) to the top of both side rails. Working with Jason at Classic Games to address.
[quoted image]

Look at that Mirrored Backglass!

#212 3 years ago

If you're going to get a topper I'd order one before they sell out. I just got mine and it's incredible. I'm so happy with it.

2021-03-0119.25.132786018632411943294.jpg2021-03-0119.25.132786018632411943294.jpg
#213 3 years ago

I’m on the fence about this - heard the effects on it were weak. Worth the 300?

Quoted from Deez:

If you're going to get a topper I'd order one before they sell out. I just got mine and it's incredible. I'm so happy with it.
[quoted image]

#214 3 years ago

Great minds think alike; I just ordered the topper last night.

I decided to keep my SE, as I just couldn't justify the extra 6 k; Will put topper on, some mods and probably pinstadiums.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

[quoted image]

Dude I had the same exact thing! It was only my right rail and not exactly where the head hits. Really weird because nothing is even remotely close to where the dent is other than the head like i said. And the left rail was absolutely perfect. Really weird.

Anyway, call up JJP and explain what's going on. They'll help ya. Install is 5 minutes if you go slow.

#216 3 years ago

I decided to keep my SE, as I just couldn't justify the extra 6 k; Will put topper on, some mods and probably pinstadiums.

Same here, decided to keep my SE might upgrade if they rerun LE's.
My justification topper wouldn't fit with low basement ceiling, cabinet wouldn't show much with games crammed together, I added mirror blades, have wonkavator, added lighting in back. Also have gobstopper shooter and LE back glass. Great game.

Let's call it a souped up SE.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Dude I had the same exact thing! It was only my right rail and not exactly where the head hits. Really weird because nothing is even remotely close to where the dent is other than the head like i said. And the left rail was absolutely perfect. Really weird.
Anyway, call up JJP and explain what's going on. They'll help ya. Install is 5 minutes if you go slow.

Bro, you said it! The dents really don’t line up where you would expect the head to hit. Strange, but Jason at Classic Games is on it for me. I’m confident it will get resolved. Not going to let it ruin it for me. The game is magnificent!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

My justification topper wouldn't fit with low basement ceiling, cabinet wouldn't show much with games crammed together, I added mirror blades, have wonkavator, added lighting in back. Also have gobstopper shooter and LE back glass. Great game.

You can add the wonkavator to an SE ?

#219 3 years ago

Think he means the wonkavator sculpted toy mod. Not the ball lock one.

Side note
Couldn’t sleep last night cost me $300 ended up buying a topper. Preferred the tilt topper got that one.

#220 3 years ago

Yes the wonkavator mod from Lermonds. Not the one on the LE & CE.

About $150.

#221 3 years ago

Thinking about picking one of these up but have a couple questions for you guys who have recently purchased one.

1. Is there chipping under the sling post or did jjp put some type of washer under them?
2. Any problems out of the box besides a couple of rails being damaged? How much time did it take you to dial it in?
3. With how deep the game is do your children have trouble understanding the goals to progress in the game? (my kids are all under the age of 8 )

I appreciate any feedback....Thank you

#222 3 years ago

Just got mine last week set up Tuesday night

1. No chipping and no washer. I did put washer under my post as preventative measure.

2. I did not have rail issues. Honestly other than the tilt bob switch needing to just be touched in switch test the game worked 100% out of the box.

3. My kid doesnt care he loves the kids on the screen and trying to free the kids. Loves the sounds and watching the display. Loves just playing the game the rules arent that hard once you understand them. Just lot of little things. Here is a good overview

+

Amazing game. Definitely deserves the full translite LED and the backboard. Lets get another Wonka in Cincy!

Quoted from estrader:

Thinking about picking one of these up but have a couple questions for you guys who have recently purchased one.
1. Is there chipping under the sling post or did jjp put some type of washer under them?
2. Any problems out of the box besides a couple of rails being damaged? How much time did it take you to dial it in?
3. With how deep the game is do your children have trouble understanding the goals to progress in the game? (my kids are all under the age of 8 )

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Here is a good overview

Hey glad you liked it! You might also like the followup deep dive on Kid Multiball and the various jackpots needed to get the ticket.

#224 3 years ago

Oh thats you! Yeah man watched this over and over - thought it was a good straight forward explanation. I will definitely be checking out this next video

Quoted from zaphX:

Hey glad you liked it! You might also like the followup deep dive on Kid Multiball and the various jackpots needed to get the ticket.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Oh thats you! Yeah man watched this over and over - thought it was a good straight forward explanation. I will definitely be checking out this next video

Skip to 8 mins or so, I had some audio problems in the secondary views when I started it

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I think so. The effect us really cool with the waterfalt. The topper is really high quality also. I'm really happy with it. It's no black knight topper tho.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think so. The effect us really cool with the waterfalt. The topper is really high quality also. I'm really happy with it. It's no black knight topper tho.

Who's the maker of topper?I was holding out for full Wonkatania topper

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who's the maker of topper?I was holding out for full Wonkatania topper

Thats the JJP topper and a Wonkatania of sorts. Will say while I have the CE topper I much prefer the Wonkatania version. Plus by current market pricing this one is a Steal compared to others out there lol. Love the animated falls personally.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Where is the backglass available? That is sweet.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

1. No chipping, no washer for the metal posts. I do have minor pooling on the lower slings around the upper metal posts - Looks like the posts are at a very slight angle that cause some pooling on that side... trying to decide to file a claim in case it starts chipping at some point. Star posts seem ok.

2. My backbox is showing some dried “glue” or
Something at the top where the side connect to the top. I have cleaned up pretty well but thought was kind of sloppy work, not sure if anyone else had this issue? Also, be careful with the left side blade, the playfield is too tight that it will cause damage when you raise, I have ordered some protectors mentioned in this thread and may see about getting a new left blade. I slightly increased the flippers to my liking and dialed back the ball ejector. I may also add some lighting as the game is pretty dark compared to my GNR.

3. Kids love the game with or without the rules... I think this one will stay for a long time as we all have smiles while playing

#231 3 years ago

Are people able to still get new PFs for pooling or is it very difficult to have them give you one?

Quoted from Tdavis7965:

1. No chipping, no washer for the metal posts. I do have minor pooling on the lower slings around the upper metal posts - Looks like the posts are at a very slight angle that cause some pooling on that side... trying to decide to file a claim in case it starts chipping at some point. Star posts seem ok.
2. My backbox is showing some dried “glue” or
Something at the top where the side connect to the top. I have cleaned up pretty well but thought was kind of sloppy work, not sure if anyone else had this issue? Also, be careful with the left side blade, the playfield is too tight that it will cause damage when you raise, I have ordered some protectors mentioned in this thread and may see about getting a new left blade. I slightly increased the flippers to my liking and dialed back the ball ejector. I may also add some lighting as the game is pretty dark compared to my GNR.
3. Kids love the game with or without the rules... I think this one will stay for a long time as we all have smiles while playing

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The JJP topper is better than the CE topper....the only complaint is that its a little bright, but that didnt bother me at all.....so YES its worth the $300

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The JJP topper is better than the CE topper....the only complaint is that its a little bright, but that didnt bother me at all.....so YES its worth the $300

I agree it's a bit bright. I was wondering if there might be a way to lower the brightness in the settings?

#234 3 years ago

I bought my Wonka CE in Feb 2020. I left it in the box for 8 months because I just did not have time to set it up.Was way to busy with work.
so the pin cured for 8 months before I unboxed it.One of the best games ever made.Lots to do on it

#235 3 years ago

Funny I can tell by your videos you love this game yet people went on a crusade to flag a ton of reviews including yours

Why do people want to sabotage ratings on this sute

Quoted from zaphX:

Skip to 8 mins or so, I had some audio problems in the secondary views when I started it

D7BC08D6-13D7-4B3A-8EDB-B7FDDB1E9F5F (resized).pngD7BC08D6-13D7-4B3A-8EDB-B7FDDB1E9F5F (resized).png
#236 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Funny I can tell by your videos you love this game yet people went on a crusade to flag a ton of reviews including yours
Why do people want to sabotage ratings on this sute
[quoted image]

Beats me, it's a legitimate review and sentiment as you can tell. Games we love we play the shit out of, and games we don't get sold when we tire of them.

I have yet to tire of any of the games in my collection, especially not GNR/Wonka/POTC.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

... people went on a crusade...

It's not even a crusade, its just a fault in the flagging system. People use it just like giving a thumbs down.

#238 3 years ago

I take it the flags aren’t moderated? I just assumed they were

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not even a crusade, its just a fault in the flagging system. People use it just like giving a thumbs down.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I take it the flags aren’t moderated? I just assumed they were

No idea. My JP review gets 4 flag for not blowing loads all over it; stupid.

#240 3 years ago

LAME. Makes me think of the Kaneda pinside babies show

Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea. My JP review gets 4 flag for not blowing loads all over it; stupid.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Are people able to still get new PFs for pooling or is it very difficult to have them give you one?

I recieved mine about two weeks ago. Have had my LE ~1 and a half years plus. Filed a claim early because of the dimpling and pooling and chipping. Took a while, but I could not be happier with JJP's resolution. Love my Wonka and love JJP

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

[quoted image]

JJP sent replacement rails out without hesitation. Shout out to Jason at Classic Games for the support after sale. This game is incredible!

1 week later
#243 3 years ago

After aprox. 1500 games and 4 golden tickets reached (factory settings), I sold my Wonka CE this week. Reason was I lack space and tbh, was not thrilled anymore when stepping up to it. Has been a blast and I do love the game. I paid NIB 18 000 USD and recived 15 000 USD now. Next incoming pinball is Jurassic Park, premium. My first STERN ever, will be very interesting to see the diffrence in quality. Reason I start buy Stern is because dealer here in sweden got upset when I wanted to cancel my GnR order, due to penalty tax added +25%, AFTER we made a deal on price.

#244 3 years ago

Today I just paid a distributor for what I believe is the last NIB LE in the US!

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Today I just paid a distributor for what I believe is the last NIB LE in the US!

Congrats!

Such a great pin. Hope you love it!

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Tommorow:

WWCE Fs $20k

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

After aprox. 1500 games and 4 golden tickets reached (factory settings), I sold my Wonka CE this week. Reason was I lack space and tbh, was not thrilled anymore when stepping up to it. Has been a blast and I do love the game. I paid NIB 18 000 USD and recived 15 000 USD now. Next incoming pinball is Jurassic Park, premium. My first STERN ever, will be very interesting to see the diffrence in quality. Reason I start buy Stern is because dealer here in sweden got upset when I wanted to cancel my GnR order, due to penalty tax added +25%, AFTER we made a deal on price.

No difference in quality between stern and JJP

#248 3 years ago

SOLD OUT!! Damn it... you mean I can't stare at little children & candy

#249 3 years ago

You can’t be serious...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

No difference in quality between stern and JJP

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

You can’t be serious...

Yes I am, both playfields are just as bad. Don’t want to derail the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.