WeChat Image_20210225134520 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134509 (resized).jpg
WeChat Image_20210225134413 (resized).jpg
wonka3 (resized).JPG
wonka2 (resized).JPG
wonka1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
E9259131-977E-4078-9B8C-CD11D4122930 (resized).jpeg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 3 years ago

As I had been looking for a Wonka I came to realize stock was extremely low. All the information I could get was that LE's were sold out. I was able to find an SE but it was the last one a distributor had and it was mentioned that most or all SEs are sold out. Soon after the CEs seemed to start moving and selling out.

So what is it - are SE and LEs sold out? CEs still available?

#2 3 years ago

Very few SE/LE's left out there and most are marked up above original price.

#3 3 years ago

I read a few days ago the CEs are also sold out. Might be difficult to find now, I don't think they made that many Wonkas. I never saw an LE break the 1,000 mark for its serial number, and they were supposed to make 5,000 of them?

#4 3 years ago

I keep reading people posting about it which is why I started the thread... hoping some distributors would chime in on the status if they know.

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I read a few days ago the CEs are also sold out. Might be difficult to find now, I don't think they made that many Wonkas. I never saw an LE break the 1,000 mark for its serial number, and they were supposed to make 5,000 of them?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I keep reading people posting about it which is why I started the thread... hoping some distributors would chime in on the status if they know.

Standards were discontinued a couple months back. Hard to find a dealer with some still in inventory

LE are also discontinued and I don’t know of any dealers with any

CEs are also discontinued via email from jjp last week, but some dealers may still have some in their inventory

#6 3 years ago

Ditto on Zmeny

I believe a month or so ago some SE's were available because they were rewired to US originally going overseas. Tariffs effected those sales.
The SE's were gobbled up licky split most likely by distributors. I'm hearing Wonka won't be rerun.
I hope it's fake news.
I wouldn't mind upgrading my SE to an LE. Even thought about going to CE. I love the game.

#7 3 years ago

Glad I jumped on a CE when I did. I was very reluctant because the theme wasn't like shouting at me, but its actually an awesome game

#8 3 years ago

Doesn’t get more reliable than that thanks for chiming in ZMeny

Quoted from ZMeny:

Standards were discontinued a couple months back. Hard to find a dealer with some still in inventory
LE are also discontinued and I don’t know of any dealers with any
CEs are also discontinued via email from jjp last week, but some dealers may still have some in their inventory

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So does that mean they never made all the 500 CE's?

#10 3 years ago

We are now out...
SEs and LEs sold out a few months ago...
CEs remained... Then last week JJP said sold out of those at factory... I had 2 left - put a post on FB Friday night and Saturday before noon they were both gone.
Get what you want while you can...
I wish I had a nickel for every person that says 'Gee I wish I didn't make a big fuss over that spinning disc on POTC' or 'I wish I got a GNR before the price increase'.
Such is pinball today... It is literally impossible to keep much of anything in stock.

#11 3 years ago

This one is bound to take off in resale price...

by far the best JJP game.

#12 3 years ago

Outstanding game. I have an SE, was going to upgrade to a CE, but hesitated.

It’s a classic, gameplay is soooo good

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

As I had been looking for a Wonka I came to realize stock was extremely low. All the information I could get was that LE's were sold out. I was able to find an SE but it was the last one a distributor had and it was mentioned that most or all SEs are sold out.

Usually if you wanted an LE/CE or a topper, you had plenty of time to decide. Now all that stuff sells out in like 2 seconds, its nuts. Even games that would normally sit years in inventory are getting scooped up. I honestly thought WWE, kiss LE and hobbit black arrows were going to have a permanent spot in dealers warehouses. Maybe a good thing this pandemic, prolly brought a lot more people into the hobby.

#14 3 years ago

The JJP hype train - to me - is the most bizarre one in pinball.

Game comes out. People don’t want it. Then it sells out / gets discontinued and people start murdering their mom so they can inherit enough money to buy one.

Why don’t you people just buy these games when they are on the production line? It would make life
A lot simpler for everybody.

It’s like this insane reverse FOMO.

I guess people finally figured out this incredibly complex formula with GNR.

#15 3 years ago

I picked up a well modded SE at a very reasonable price - $7,200 - and so glad I did. I don’t care if it goes up or down. And I don’t care that there’s a small amount of pooling and a tiny chip on the playfield that isn’t viewable by the player.

What I DO care about is the outstanding, unique, euphoric gameplay. Im just in awe of this gorgeous game. A veritable feast for the senses.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

We are sold out of all models as well

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#17 3 years ago

Thanks for the input! Looks like there are still CEs listed

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We are sold out of all models as well
Greg
Pinballpro.com

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The JJP hype train - to me - is the most bizarre one in pinball.
Game comes out. People don’t want it. Then it sells out and people start murdering their mom so they can inherit enough money to buy one.
Why don’t you people just buy these games when they are on the production line? It would make life
A lot simpler for everybody.
It’s like this insane reverse FOMO.
I guess people finally figured out this incredibly complex formula with GNR.

Because people are sheep... how many threads are there with people asking "what game should I buy?"

All it takes is a group of people who havent even played the game to piss and moan about it early on and thats that for sales.

Some games take a long time to get the word out and get through the noise of the release period.

GNR is a funny one because that one took off early and I think it blows as a shooter personally (and yes I played it quite a bit)... that one is 90% hype and looks.

#19 3 years ago

Kind of hilarious all the people that bought a CE in the past week or two. Very strange buying pattern. I guess everyone is assuming JJP can't re-run any games since they can't meet current game demand in a timely fashion.

#20 3 years ago

For me to be honest I assume this. I also assume they will want to keep moving forward and not backward in that regard as they are picking up momentum. I thought the SE price point was also manageable and its possible they wont have games priced in that range in the future.

I always wanted to add a JJP to the collection now was a good time before they were completely sold out.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Kind of hilarious all the people that bought a CE in the past week or two. Very strange buying pattern. I guess everyone is assuming JJP can't re-run any games since they can't meet current game demand in a timely fashion.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

... that one is 90% hype and looks.

No wonder Pinside is going crazy over it

#22 3 years ago

add to that... i think all of the Dialed-In's are gone....

So the better question might be is there any stock, of any JJP available?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I bought the last NIB in Canada a couple of months ago.

#24 3 years ago

My neighbor back East just bought a CE from Jason at Classic Gameroom last week. He still has, I believe, 4 CEs left.

#25 3 years ago

Does anyone deal on the CE?

#26 3 years ago

Hemispheres appears to have some.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Automated has DI SEs in stock

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Hemispheres appears to have some.

Kurt has one left. He said it will be gone by the end of the day, sold 2 this morning already, his words were "feeding frenzy is on". I just bought one from the pinball company, should have it next week.

This pinball stuff is nutz, I originally wanted a Addams Fam, then thought get something newer with new options figured out the Willy Wonk was by far the best game, waffled around a week or two and now this. I called over 30 shops looking for one in stock, found a couple and bought one today. Many dealers said the CE will be over 15k next week.

How did I get sucked into buying a pinball machine for over 12k?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Does anyone deal on the CE?

Not one did for me who had them in stock, only found 2 places that even had them. One place sold me one only to call back and say sorry it was already sold.

#30 3 years ago

I was obsessed with trying to find a SE for the last week. One distributor said he had one and sent me an invoice, turns out it was a GNR SE and he read my email wrong so strike one. Next distributor had some in stock on their website so I purchased one, turns out their website wasn't up to date so I got refunded, strike two. Final distributor that actually had one sold it while the first two boondoggles played out. Was seriously considering a CE but went back and watched a stream of the game and reminded myself why I didn't buy one earlier, the sounds/callouts would drive me insane.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams: the sounds/callouts would drive me insane.

Is this still a thing?

Its the movie whats it supposed to sound like?

doesnt bother me in the least and Im not a huge fan of the movie or anything...

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Is this still a thing?
Its the movie whats it supposed to sound like?
doesnt bother me in the least and Im not a huge fan of the movie or anything...

Yes it's a thing at least with me.

#33 3 years ago

Hard to spend CE type money and not be 100% happy. Have you played it though?

Quoted from manadams:

Yes it's a thing at least with me.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Hard to spend CE type money and not be 100% happy. Have you played it though?

Have not played it and would have gave it a shot at $7500 but that ship has sailed at least for NIB.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have not played it and would have gave it a shot at $7500 but that ship has sailed at least for NIB.

Have not played it yet you hate the call outs?? Interesting. Will say on the CE topic I Really like that all the call outs are custom on this game with the actress speech. Really impressive that she did this.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have not played it yet you hate the call outs?? Interesting. Will say on the CE topic I Really like that all the call outs are custom on this game with the actress speech. Really impressive that she did this.

The call outs are so bad, I would really consider the CE just for that. Not even joking. It’s much improved with her call outs. Those effects though can’t be changed in any version and are quite possibly the worst in pinball. Kids always want one in my house due to theme alone so it’s always going to be popular. Layout and flow is amazing

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes you can hear the sounds/callouts in many stream/gameplay videos, whether I hear it in person or on a stream does not matter.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes you can hear the sounds/callouts in many stream/gameplay videos, whether I hear it in person or on a stream does not matter.

Fair enough appreciate your opinion. Really love the game personally. Have the WMS Wonka slot machine also so I can see where many of the video assets came from. A really fun game to shoot granted not as Easy as it would seem by the theme. Still kicks my butt every time.

#39 3 years ago

I loved my SE and the whole family loved it really fun underrated game for sure, people knock it but it plays great, honestly I think it’s the best shooter jjp has ever had. You get bang for your buck on the SE but the LE and CE are beautiful. Not sure why all the craze all of sudden. We missed it ever since we sold it

#40 3 years ago

Man you guys are crazy picky... game plays great and the sounds are from the movie so i cant imagine passing on it just for that.

I hate the sound of whats his face from GNRs screech/voice but if that game played great I would buy one.

#41 3 years ago

You guys are crazy. The callouts are amazing in Wonka. They're movie audio clips. How can they be bad. The announcer is an amazing voice as well.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You guys are crazy. The callouts are amazing in Wonka. They're movie audio clips. How can they be bad. The announcer is an amazing voice as well.

The movie clips are fine. Specifically the sounds that irritate me are the steam kettle sound after hitting the gobbstopper and another one that sounds like mud being pulled through a tube. The announcer sounds like he is talking in his quiet voice to a three year old. The constant Wonka theme being played is grinding after awhile but maybe there are breaks from it in certain modes. Maybe if I pick up an SE one day on the second market, I can let the gameplay and rules win me over but not forking out $12500 plus shipping unless I love every aspect of it.

#43 3 years ago

I'm sure JJP will catch up on doing some reruns of their titles, there's no reason for them not to catch ok the premium buyers are willing to pay

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The movie clips are fine. Specifically the sounds that irritate me are the steam kettle sound after hitting the gobbstopper and another one that sounds like mud being pulled through a tube. The announcer sounds like he is talking in his quiet voice to a three year old. The constant Wonka theme being played is grinding after awhile but maybe there are breaks from it in certain modes. Maybe if I pick up an SE one day on the second market, I can let the gameplay and rules win me over but not forking out $12500 plus shipping unless I love every aspect of it.

Just curious of an example of a pin that you feel sounds good? I love all the sounds you're taking about lol.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm sure JJP will catch up on doing some reruns of their titles, there's no reason for them not to catch ok the premium buyers are willing to pay

Doubt that... At least not for a number of years,

they cant even keep up on their current release nevermind any other ones.

#46 3 years ago

There’s an LE on route near me at Greensboro Boxcar. Fun game! I play it every time I visit.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The call outs are so bad, I would really consider the CE just for that. Not even joking. It’s much improved with her call outs. Those effects though can’t be changed in any version and are quite possibly the worst in pinball. Kids always want one in my house due to theme alone so it’s always going to be popular. Layout and flow is amazing

Totally disagree. I like the custom callouts on non CE’s and think the “old man” narrator fits the theme perfectly. And Wonka’s music and sound effects are terrific.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just curious of an example of a pin that you feel sounds good? I love all the sounds you're taking about lol.

Transformers, Alien and The Hobbit are standouts to me, of course all of those were done by legendary David Thiel.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Transformers, Alien and The Hobbit are standouts to me, of course all of those were done by legendary David Thiel.

Cue Rarehero to shit all over the voice work on TF. Lol. I thought TF music and callouts were also awesome.

#50 3 years ago

I was really reluctant to get a Wonka , I mean old grandpas in bed together, gross bed pans and stuff, but the game turned out wonderful. Cant go wrong with a JJP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 32.99
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 91.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-sold-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.