210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No one wants to buy a re-themed table at nearly $10k.

You say that, but how much did Supreme sell for?

#610 5 years ago

I really don’t see the need for another GnR pin, but I’m not a fan of band pins in general.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

POTC should have been a pirate theme, the Disney BS ruined it and technical problems didn’t help. JJP is smart to cut their loses and bury it.

Those issues haven’t hurt this pin one bit - it’s amazing. If they do indeed halt production to a limited number, they are going to skyrocket as this thing is FUN.

#696 5 years ago

To the POTC naysayers worried about the theme:

You need to find one and play it. Give it a solid hour of play and then tell me the assets matter.

Would it better if they were there? Of course. Does it diminish the absolute brilliance of this pin? Not in the least.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was a huge naysayer. I sounded exactly like the people here blabbering on about lack of IP, clips, etc. Until I played the pin at length. It's amazing.

I was the same...I had a preorder which I cancelled due to the chest/disc nerfs and the assets.

Then I played one on location and realized...

D160F99A-8EB2-486A-872E-6F5F27DE2A5B (resized).jpegD160F99A-8EB2-486A-872E-6F5F27DE2A5B (resized).jpeg
#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

would LOVE to purchase a JJP POTC LE...used, in a year or two...but now production has finished. WTF? I wonder if these might be snapped up or hoarded and the thing never produced again...game is super duper awesome, who cares about the assets...

It is a permanent keeper for me. But only one, I will have a spare to sell at some point. But not today!

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

No pin that already costs what a POTC does is going to “sky rocket”. This isn’t like a Heighway or Dutch where so few were made , this is still a mainstream JJP title where plenty were made to meet demand. Jacks not dumb, when orders trailed off he called an end to production, just like Spooky did with TNA. You don’t see TNA games going crazy on pinside and you certainly will not see POTC

Low supply + increasing demand + people refusing to sell because it’s so good == higher prices.

I do have a dog in that hunt as I will have a machine to sell at some point, so maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part but I do believe strongly this is the best pin I’ve ever played.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

we believe you.
[quoted image]

Heh ok I get it. Sorry.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

there is an updated tortuga hole bracket

What is different about this bracket and what does it solve specifically?

Can we get a picture?

#912 5 years ago

Sorry wrong thread! Mods delete.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP has milked the hell out of WOZ, because it sells. There's no way JJPOTC is a GOAT game if they are pulling the plug in March. I think it's obviously an OK game so far. Owners seem to love it. Never making JJPOTC again makes no sense and is just manufactured hype to get some more sales in on a machine with lack luster sales figures to date. If there is still demand 6 months from now, you can bet they will do another batch. So if you like the game, buy it. But don't buy it on emotion because you think they will be disappearing for good already.

Only JJP knows for sure, but what if there’s a time limit on the license? They did lose quite a bit of time last year while the game stabilized.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

It could make sense to stop production and move onto the next one if the game is too expensive to manufacture and there isn't enough margin for them. That's regardless on whether the game is better than the previous 3 or not

Kind of a shame to kill a Top 4 game while it’s barely getting off the ground! Glad I have mine.

2 weeks later
#1154 5 years ago

Oh man I would love to see Ready Player One. Just think of the modes, artifacts to collect, and the keys lend themselves to wizard modes.

#1170 5 years ago

I was initially cool on Wonka as a theme but I am warming up to it. I hope we see a reveal at TPF!

1 week later
#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its a fucking pinball machine. There is no reason for the thing to be 10K. I buy cars all day long for half that. Not many people can afford to pull 10K out of their ass for a pinball machine.

And yet, they are sold out..

1 week later
#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My theory is that it’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory version with Depp. Based upon the JJP teaser using gobstoppers from the remake.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d3903a38a280a5a09df9ca0a7cda4855/tenor.gif?itemid=4492193

NOOOO (resized).pngNOOOO (resized).png
#1522 4 years ago

Since we live in a world now where more than one manufacturer can (eventually) tackle the same theme...how about JJWW?

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nothing that we have confirmation on. Some have thought it will have less mech or two, others have said it will only be cosmetic changes. Until the reveal I don't think we'll know for sure.

JJP has traditionally avoided gameplay differences between the price tiers, which I think is a good thing that I hope they continue.

I hate that on Sterns, sometimes the pro shoots better than the premium - impossible to know until all versions are out.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah, tell me about it... I have a SW Pro. I still love the game, but it really sucks that the *only* real toy in the game isn't part of it lol. If it didn't have such great code, the playfield would be a joke.

SW Pro is exactly what I had in mind with that statement. The Pro plays much better than the premium because you don’t have to fight that ramp into the Death Star.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
12,500 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.