210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

3. Pirates no longer in production and may or may not come back due to WOZ YBR's needing to be built
Really? Was it not successful?

About to jump into my first JJP, and am wondering the same...as I'd like to pick up what'll be most scarce first, and I was assuming the Hobbit.

Any ideas or recommendations to that regard folks?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

A used hobbit will be the cheapest option at $6000-$6500. I’d personally recommend a used Dialed In. I regret selling mine. It’s a great pin. Those are the only JJP pins I’ve owned.

Thanks for the suggestion! I know I should definitely save some cash buying HUO, but as long as NIB is available, I want to try and be s first owner for newer titles....ideally.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"I hate this theme about cell phones!" typed the Pinside user furiously with his cell phone.

I think that particular user was stating how the game... isn't... about cellphones. The one they were responding to, definitely had issues with cellphone integration.

I think the phone is as well integrated/dominant as any other feature, and blends in a way where any misgivings I had about that aspect of the theme entirely disappeared. It's as timeless a game as so many of Lawlors.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If I had to guess production numbers based only on a wet finger held high or my gut, I’d say 1,500 JJPOTC have sold. If the demand stays strong they should be able to announce a future model and sell another 1k. Wish screaminr and kingpingames had some educated guess or incidentals stories to help guide us

That's where my mindset it at, production halting, isn't the same as ceasing. Aren't the Hobbit and WOZ prime examples of new models, with updates mind you, and future pins produced post initial production?

I'm really wondering.....where did all of this production ending talk even start? What source? Is it just naysaying based on not liking the game or actual informed insight?

From what I gather, this game was in preproduction for awhile, (I'd assume with contracts and design at least a year) actual production for six months so far, and user/owner response on this forum has been exceptionally good, to say the least. Given that, and the efforts to procure the license to begin with, why on Earth would JJP do a one time production and cease manufacturing?

#784 5 years ago

I'm still wondering where the sources are for stating it's this run, and done with POTC.

1 week later
#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

True. On the same hand if the IP was in JJPs hands, I don’t think he would have said what he did.

Isn't he just really inferring it might be made...period? If JJP makes it, it's still been made.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I love the theme, but scared of tasting the rainbow with the artwork/PF design.

How'd you feel about WOZ in that regard? Looking at some old clips and assets from this film, I'm not sure how subtle can occur. Kinda worries me...

1 week later
#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Mexico? If They do then others will point to that say JJP is unamerican

Far, far worse. UnJersian...!

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m already down on Wonka Lloyd.
This summer is fine. I need time to explore Potc!

I'd take a Wonka Lloyd over a Willy Wonka anyday!

I'm sure WLTG : ) already would have modes concocted involving tequila, drunk monkeys, and his ever lovin' pooch side kick too!

1 week later
#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is JJP has not cost reduced in any noticible way, while Stern has cost reduced the cabinet wood, playfields, plastics, brackets, electronics, power supply, translites, pretty much no area has gone untouched. You don't need specifics - 2019 Sterns are noticibly lighter than 2010 Sterns. I know, I move them all the time.

I played the last four Stern's tonight, as well as Dialed In and Pirates, and felt crazy saying to some friends, new to modern pinball, how thin the plastics and ramps feel when I connect with them on Sterns, versus JJP. I'm glad I'm not imagining things here.

And jeez, I finally got to play a Munsters LE with balls in the basement, and wow that feels like a tinker toy. I can't believe that was given the go ahead in that state for production. No feedback at all, and the micro flippers and balls have no weight to them whatsoever. Hitting those balls feels like Godzilla must swatting flies. As soon as I'd hit down there, I wanted out, even amidst the iffy upper playfield.

1 week later
#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I'm finally making my first forum post because I'm geared up for this rumored game like a lot of people seem to be. I'm not sure if it's even remotely possible given the expected announcement is coming less than a month before, but I'd lose it if JJ had a Wonka pin at PinFest in Allentown on May 3/4.

Welcome to the mayhem!

I hope to go to Allentown as well, so I'll hope for that also!

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/
Friday Night Preview.
Something like 15 tickets left as I type this. We sold 12 in the last 24 hours, but only 1 in the 24 hours preceding that, so hard to say how long they'll last.

I was in for two of those 12, woohoo!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 91.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.