210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 5 years ago

If JJP could combine the toys and the visual “wow factor” of WOZ and the fun and playability of DI, it would certainly be the best game they’ve made.

2 months later
#817 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point. I went back to some older Pirate gameplay videos and the entire game still just looks so much cooler with the original disk and chest mech. For nearly $10k I could stomach not having licensed actor audio / video assets due to the amount / variety of toys in the original Pirates prototype but after the mech changes it was and still is a sore point when considering purchasing the game. Who knows, maybe I'll still get one, on the fence at the moment about buying an LE or waiting for Wonka.

Not to mention that the coolest POTC mech, the sinking ship, is in the Stern version that you can get for half the price of JJP's.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

To say Stern doesn’t care about creating a GOAT is a little unfair or misleading. The workers (designers, programmers, audio, artists, etc...) absolutely care in what they do and always try to put together the best machine they can as it shows with their passion for pinball. That said, they do have faster turn arounds and not all games can be hits. But look at what they have done; ACDC, MET, IMDN, TWD, ST, etc... There are some great quality games there, and one of the things stern is doing best is keeping owners from having to continuously pull the glass off to fix & tweak - that definitely needs to be considered when you’re talking about a GOAT.

That all said, i do think JJPOTC is one of the best of all time - I’ve been saying since the beginning that it is. However, I still don’t have 500+ plays on it so time will tell but i still consider it #1. My top 10 all time FWIW off the top of my head would probably be:

1. JJPOTC
2. LOTR
3. ACDC
4. IMDN
5. WOZ
6. AFM
7. SW (Yes i said it; great games don’t always need dolls and this is slowly climbing the list)
8. GOT (Has some code issues and is slowly declining from my list)
9. TWD
10. FGY

Not one B/W game on your top 10 list? Hard to believe.

3 weeks later
#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nah, you can go as close as PA, the south or even the midwest and save quite a bit on labor, taxes, etc. It is no coincidence that many of the major auto manufacturers have moved to the southern states over the high COL states in the upper mid west.

Moving your operations from the American north to the American south is just pit stop on the way to Mexico. It’s corporate greed at its finest. Of course,pin manufacturers already pay a slave wage so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway. I remember when someone posted a job posting for JJP. It was for something like $9.50/hr. for the tedious job of putting a pinball machine together. If JJP isn’t profitable on those wages, it probably doesn’t deserve to exist anyway.

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Was that JJP's hiring, or a temp firm hiring temp workers for assembly like work? That sounds a lot like temporary unskilled labor wages in these parts.

Honestly don’t know. It was also several years ago. I failed to mention that.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Jersey Jack are without any question the best collector games ever created and I hope Willy Wonka is a huge success!!

Certainly of the modern era...no question about it. All time has to go to W/B though. They just never realized it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.50
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.