210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#793 5 years ago

Is anyone concerned about JJP's longevity in the business? Are there enough pinheads willing to spend $8,000+ on a pinball machine to keep the doors open? My concern currently with JJP is if I were to buy a JJP POTC and have issues years down the road-would there still be support? Hell-I am concerned about Stern's spike components and future support or availability. I do not own a crystal ball-but I have had these thoughts.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yet people create boards, all sorts of crazy stuff just to support the pin

Yes I have seen the hacks on Aliens and TBL-both are cringe worthy

#849 5 years ago

I keep hearing that people decided not to buy POTC because they removed third spinning disc. Really? When I played the proto-type I thought to myself- this is a bad design and it will be plagued with problems(I was right because they decided to alter). It really did not add much and I think it is better off without three disc- just more likelihood of playfield wear and more issues with motor-less is more.

How well do I think Wonka will sell? Not sure-maybe a couple of runs? I do not think it will have the mass appeal like WOZ and I do not believe there will be thousands of people willing to spend $8,000+. I really want JJP to succeed but it seems like they are focused on producing high end boutique games- not sure how much longer this business model can be successful? If POTC sales projections did not meet expectations-it makes me think Wonka is going to be a stretch. Waiting for Deeproot reveals and how the market reacts -it will be interesting to see-could be stellar or could be a shit show.

#926 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Maybe I get into Hobbit though because it's fits really nice into this space...

Dude you even have the 'nutsack chin' guy

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Kind of a shame to kill a Top 4 game while it’s barely getting off the ground! Glad I have mine.

There has to be something else going on. You don't just dump a great theme/game and move on to another one without a legitimate reason(something smells fishy to me). I am not sure it has to do with licensing, usually licensing is based on number of machines produced and is paid per machine. Leads me to believe that they have had too many mechanical issues, poor sales, and they are trying to play catch up with recent loses to appease the investor group. Or what if Disney only wants to have one open license at a time for pinball? Could it be Toy Story being a Disney franchise wishes not to compete with other license(POTC) in concurrency? Let the conspiracy theories start because I am not buying what JJP is selling or telling about the abrupt decision to eliminate POTC production.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

The term of a license is typically calendar based while payment terms are where you have a royalty per unit produced.

Yes usually certain time frame and certain royalties per machine produced. So if renewing license is too expensive then obviously they are not selling well enough to justify renewing? For how much time and effort went into the design build-I am really surprised on what is going on(again smells fishy). Honestly it is sad and I feel for all the people involved in the making of POTC.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's only so much money a company is willing to spend on licensing.

Then why does JJP continue to renew WOZ license over and over again? Because it sells well enough to justify?

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

No one would really miss the limited POTC assets

I have to agree, I think JJP probably would have sold more units and done better in terms of profitability if they just did a non-licensed Pirate's theme. Look at what Williams did back in the day: Monty Python-No too expensive let's just do Medieval Madness, Caddy Shack-no too expensive let's just do No Good Gopher's. Not sure if that is what really happened, but it does make me think.

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yeah, I’m the new F ing spokesman. How about that?

Mayhem is coming.pngMayhem is coming.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.