11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,675 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E954BEC0-5DC8-4126-9728-9BCB2A69E5CA (resized).jpeg
33C80C44-46D9-4775-9F9C-E114C6B847DF (resized).jpeg
C7368F43-57C5-4CA8-A8E7-734245471778 (resized).jpeg
20387095.gif
E2747705-4CA2-4AFE-BF00-B85EF92619BA (resized).png
758A96BC-36FB-40CC-8E02-A779752ADA82 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190406-213645 (resized).jpg
DA775D10-7FEA-45FE-868E-03588ADC4221 (resized).jpeg
210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 9 months ago

Agreed. A toy story pinball release timed with the upcoming movie release just makes sense.

#309 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Am I the only one that is cautiously expecting this to be WOZYBR & a new title either Wonka or Toy Story, I just can’t see 2 completely new titles from JJP this year after the setbacks with POTC.
Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see JJP start releasing 2 “new” titles yearly or even bi yearly would be awesome, release 2 in 2019, 1 in 2020, 2 in 2021 if it allows them to maintain quality while increasing titles, bring it on!

Agreed on all points!

#334 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m in for this!

Eh I might be in.... I'll reserve judgement for the final product. I'm intrigued though.

3 weeks later
#348 8 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A shadow or whirlwind remake would be awesome! I kid I kid I’d like to hear more about this yellow brick road version of WOZ; wonder if they’ll show something at TPF?

Yup, I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and was told they would remove some of the more problematic mechs from the playfield (the castle doors for example) and that there would be a yellow brick road version, plus a new "thing". Whatever a "thing" is is still TBD.

#350 8 months ago

Nah.... Much of the woz issues are pretty trivial at this point. The door can be fixed easiky and everything else are random issues.

#359 8 months ago

So... More conjecture for two more months? I will pay someone to sit outside JJP with a camera. I cant take it anymore!

#361 8 months ago

?????

#364 8 months ago
Quoted from JWJr:

For me, that's a shame if that's true - I was looking forward to another PL machine, but (no pun intended) Wonka has always given me the willies.

Me too. However, WoZ gave me the willies too, until I played it.

#421 8 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

3: Anyone know when we will see pics of WW, as in time frame, weeks, months

Youll see it at Texas Pinball Festival in March.

#424 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

The podcast that shall not be named mentioned that images may have been leaked online.

Assume you mean Kaneda's Podcast? (Honestly dont know, I saw soneone else mention that he was banned here for some reason).

#428 8 months ago

Stay focused! Where are the leak photos?

#442 8 months ago
Quoted from knobstone:

, and that there are zero Hobbitt, WOZ, POTC games available at the factory. Finally, there are currently 22 DI games available at the factory, and there will be another run of WOZ.

I assume this means that they have geared up production of whatever machine is to be shown at Texas Pinball Festival. Would be great to have units ready to ship immediately after the reveal!!!!

So I assume we are in concurrence that the first game will be standard-body Lawlor Toy Story, a YBR WoZ (yellow brick road wizard of oz) followed by Wonka later this year?

Edit: ok so this?

1) YBR WoZ + Wonka (same release @ TPF)
2) Lawlor Toy Story (release TBD)

Mat

#444 8 months ago

ok so this?

1) YBR WoZ + wide-body Wonka (same release @ TPF)
2) Lawlor standard body Toy Story (release TBD)

Mat

#448 8 months ago

Well JJP already had a price increase with the tax law of about $600 here in VA alone. I certainly wont buy pins north of 8500. Looking at 10k already once you add shipping. But thats for another thread.

#451 8 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That is bs to blame JJP for the impact of sales taxes voted in by your legislature. If you don't like sales taxes vote the people out who pass them but don't blame businesses that have to collect them. Or do you think that JJP should absorb them on your behalf????

The tax applies to you too! That said I cetrainly dont expect JJP to take a hit on my behalf. But I do expect them to find more ways of keeping prices down.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

If he can’t or won’t spend 10k on a pin he shouldn’t be chastised for that. Higher taxes cause us all to lose, is I think what his point was. Unfortunately the voting populace in this country is fine with continued voting for two sides of the same coin, moving us in the same direction ultimately. Until that changes, nothing else will.

Yes we all lose. Certainly didnt expect that response though! Rough crowd I guess. I just meant that JJP should be considerate when setting their prices that wether or not they like it there has already been a price on their games.

#454 8 months ago

Believe me, that would be on my list too! Rumors are usually correct, so im gonna say this is a very long shot!

#470 8 months ago

Ok, it wont let me link for some reason.... this is from Knapp Arcades FB post (just adding fuel to the fire, nothing really concrete so take it with a grain of salt.

knapp arcade (resized).jpg
#478 8 months ago

Galaga themed pin?
Pac-man themed pin?

#548 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope it's right so I can see the reveal at MGC instead. :p

Sorry brotha, looks like JJP is going to be at TPF.... https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Quoted from DCFAN:

What is with the yelling?

Seriously, no yelling!

#550 8 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Word is WOZ YBR at TPF, no new game yet.

Would make sense, otherwise they would have announced Pat L would be at TPF. Damn it, I want a new game!

#560 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Being and revealing are two different words. They always have a good display at TPF and a seminar.
LTG : )

Fair enough.

#595 8 months ago

wait..... i thought we ruled out HP like 5 pages ago. Who brought HP back into this conversation?

#794 8 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not own a crystal ball-but I have had these thoughts.

Sounds like you need a WoZ!

#918 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Well, I was at the JJP factory today...

Annnnnnnddddd?

#922 8 months ago

Yup what he said!

#989 7 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

See post #983 from an hour ago

There is also Pinfest, which is right in their backyard!

1 week later
#1119 7 months ago

Ok guys.... 2 weeks out. Still no leaks?

#1139 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Moving your operations from the American north to the American south is just pit stop on the way to Mexico. It’s corporate greed at its finest. Of course,pin manufacturers already pay a slave wage so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway. I remember when someone posted a job posting for JJP. It was for something like $9.50/hr. for the tedious job of putting a pinball machine together. If JJP isn’t profitable on those wages, it probably doesn’t deserve to exist anyway.

Don't mind paying the premium myself.

lol (resized).jpg
#1144 7 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, i was just away a few months on another planet... is WW game confirmed as the next JJP?
Thanks

Unofficially.... were just bickering over when.

#1177 7 months ago

Ok guys 10 days until TPF. Cant believe weve made it this far without any leaks at all! We had some details about DI and PoTC by this point in years past. Come on!

#1190 7 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

DI and POTC were revealed at Chicago expo, not TPF.

You are correct, it was Chicago. But the result was the same, we had a pretty good idea of what was coming in the days/weeks leading up to the reveal.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

JJP is not revealing their next new game at the show.

So with Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Jack himself being there, you don't think they intend on revealing anything? Looks like they only have 1 hour booked for their "Seminar" on Friday. I mean you might be right, usually we would have some details by now. Who knows.

1 week later
#1229 7 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

...and there's a pinball machine in it.
Here we go!

I didn't realize they were actually IN a pinball machine.... Jump to 1:39. (Hope its not a Stern)

#1233 7 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Trailer looks good but, man, do they really have to show the whole movie in the trailer nowadays?

Yup I feel like I've seen the whole movie already!

#1252 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It will likely be announced within the next 60 days since they're not doing it at TPF.

You kidding me? Argh!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside