10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,675 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E954BEC0-5DC8-4126-9728-9BCB2A69E5CA (resized).jpeg
33C80C44-46D9-4775-9F9C-E114C6B847DF (resized).jpeg
C7368F43-57C5-4CA8-A8E7-734245471778 (resized).jpeg
20387095.gif
E2747705-4CA2-4AFE-BF00-B85EF92619BA (resized).png
758A96BC-36FB-40CC-8E02-A779752ADA82 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190406-213645 (resized).jpg
DA775D10-7FEA-45FE-868E-03588ADC4221 (resized).jpeg
210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 months ago

Regardless of which jjp game is next, I'm dieing to see it. I look forward to jjp releases since each of their games are so unique, and innovative. I will get toy story, but Wonka is definitely one I'd consider as well. I just hope jjp gets manufacturing and pricing right so we can continue to see jjp games for many years to come.

#58 10 months ago

A Wonka theme would be a perfect fit for a jjp lineup. I believe toy story is next, but I can't wait to see Wonka. Toy story though is a must have for my household. Hoping for a tpf reveal.

#73 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory came out in 1971...which puts the 50th anniversary in 2021.
2021 isn't that far away if there are a couple potential pins already in the works or ahead in the queue. JJP was big on the 75th anniversary edition for Wizard of Oz so I could see this.

That would actually be best imo to have another anniversary pin. Toy story releases it's next movie next year, so jjp better release toy story then. GNR would be a great filler between Wonka and toystory for sure. Really hoping toy story knocks it out of the park with full assets, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#78 10 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

WoZ has got to be carrying that company, and there's only so many you can sell before the market for that theme is saturated.
I love my Dialed In and JJP as a company, but they need a hit theme to make some sales. I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean is going to do that, no matter how good the game is.

That's what I'm afraid of. They have to get a hit next, and shipping by spring imo.

I don't necessarily think they need all the toy story movies. Personally, the first one alone could be enough for a great game. I like the 2nd and 3rd movies, but it's the first movie that people cared about. If they have all 4 movies in it, then great, but just don't cram too much into it and make it clustered and confusing like potc.

#79 10 months ago

Also, I believe the next 3 rumored titles will all be hits. They just have to get production nailed down faster.

#124 10 months ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Nothing wrong with JJP games, in my opinion they are built and play just like William's. The problem is Jack is no good at picking themes. Woz was good, but hobbit and pirates suck as themes and DI is a awesome game but theme is weak. I own Woz and DI

Thanks for your opinion. My opinion Will counter yours out by saying I think All the jjp themes are great. The next 3 games will only pick up steam even more. My family loves the jjp themes so far. Each to their own though bud.

#136 10 months ago

I'm betting on toy story next.

#163 10 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are 100% wrong..... Just wanted you to know...

Time will tell. Toy story originally was next, then flipped to Wonka, then back to toystory. Who knows. I'm excited for both either way, but toy story is a must have. Just hoping it has all the video and sounds rights unlike potc.
TS would make the most sense with a new movie release next year, and Wonka anniversary in a couple years. If they don't have the full assets on TS, then I can see Wonka next as they will have full rights on that, and can't do back to back games without assets.

#170 10 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Next game will be yellow brick road version of WOZ. I love JJp but i dont see how they survive with putting out expensive games every year and a half. I just cant afford them anymore.

I don't think the higher price is their issue honestly. It's manufacturing time. I personally have loved all the themes they have, and especially love the ones coming. I think they need to reveal a pin, and ship it within a month of reveal like stern. It would only take holding the next game back a bit until it's fully ready to get on that schedule. Probably and hopefully that's why no expo reveal this year.

I like jjp games better, and anxiously await the next release more than anything else, so I really want to see them get things booming so they can thrive in a competitive industry. I can't afford even one game a year regardless of which company, but I think a new jjp every year ready to ship at release is best for them currently. The more options available to purchase, the more orders coming in. Just got to get them out faster.

#173 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think that is what they are doing this time around. The down side is that some prototype pins don't get played by just "mediocre" type players for a few thousand times to test things out very thoroughly for durability before production. Therefore, I volunteer to be a secret prototype tester for them and give them lots of feedback. I'll even do it for free and guarantee several games played per day. [full disclosure - I am a Test Engineer for vehicles for "my day job" and have to test things with prototype vehicles ... so I'm qualified.]
I'm going to need a bigger house soon if JJP pumps out more pins per year than they are now and keep up with their great designs and code.

I agree. I'll get on that tester list as well.

#177 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I agree with those who say WW is next but I think TS would be a better choice because more potential customers could relate to it and the theme for TS is very family friendly. But, once again, my vote is for a Harry Potter based pin. Too bad that the licensors don't seem to be interested.

Harry Potter would be the perfect theme for a jjp game.

#180 10 months ago
Quoted from brett:

I agree. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be seeing one in the near future.
So many options and depth for a Harry Potter pin.

Unfortunately I totally agree.

#202 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So for a non tie in, I would think JJP did well acquiring the POTC license, and hopefully maybe Wonka. I don’t see JJP getting Toy Story unless it is a tie in and they really did outbid Stern, and so June 2019 would be my guess... except the confidence level of delivering on time would make me cautious to trust JJP to deliver it with complete or near complete code.

Prognosticating on TS or WW, my money would be on WW before TS, only because Stern has a prexisting relationship with Disney/Star Wars license which would cloud a Pixar title going to JJP.

This makes no sense to me. They already have a working relationship with Disney with a current franchise that Disney holds highly in potc. Jjp got that license when the last potc movie was released, so it was current. They have toystory. It's happening. Jack wouldn't have to outbid stern unless they were both after it. I will say this, set a jjp potc next to a stern SW and let Disney decide which company will represent the brand best.

#206 10 months ago

If they don't have the audio and video assets for toystory, I'll be even more disappointed than I was after seeing the Starwars play field. I'm sure they'll have full assets for Wonka just like they had for woz. After potc lack of assets, I'm worried about toystory.

3 weeks later
#251 9 months ago

I watched it with my young kids last week and still loved it. Can't wait to see it.

2 weeks later
#257 8 months ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Does anyone think that the next JJ release will be announced much closer to delivery date than previous releases?
I'm really contemplating JJPotc but am now thinking about waiting to see what jjp5 will be.

I'm in the same boat. Really want potc, but if toy story or Wonka is announced at tpf I'll probably regret not waiting to decide. I can only barely afford one, so it's probably something I should wait and see. I don't however want to wait another year before they would ship game 5, so it's a tough call.

#263 8 months ago

I'm betting GNR is the game after next. I don't think we see Wonka and toystory both this next year.

#267 8 months ago

Why does everyone suddenly think lawlor will release 2 games in one year? Wouldn't it make more sense for a lawlor next, then another Eric game like GNR? Regardless, I'm super stoked for the next 3 jjp games. All 3 are great licenses assuming we're accurate.

#273 8 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I really hope you are wrong. Another band pin is the last thing this hobby needs right now IMO.

I don't get as excited about band pins either, but am interested in a jjp version of GNR. Definitely more excited about Wonka, toystory, and potc, but I'm anxious to see how they would do a music pin.

#276 8 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, but is there any basis behind the GNR rumor?

Been known for awhile, plus slash has openly talked about it and has been seen numerous times with jjp employees. Where there's smoke there's fire. Eric is probably doing GNR.

#279 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, but Slash is wicked into pinball in general. No surprise he’s in Jersey.

He stated he was working on a new pinball game. I smell smoke.

#281 8 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are right. Nothing in 2018!

Darn that autocorrect crap. Lol.

#290 8 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why do you feel the need to get the next big hit when you can go out and choose from game 1,2,3 or 4

I'm not looking for "the next big hit". I'm looking for one that I will hold for a long time. Toystory is a Grail theme for me. Wonka could be really cool, but I like potc theme better. My reason for waiting to decide is because I don't have money just to buy ant game any time I want. I'm also not wanting to buy and sell in 6 months to a year and lose $500-1000. Not worth it. I work to hard for the little pinball money I scraped together.

As much as potc looks cool, it didn't turnout to be a must buy, but more of a really want. If it had full assets like hobbit, it would have been a must have. Still looks great, but again, I can certainly wait a few months to see jjps next game if revealed at tpf.

#291 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'll be ready to buy another game in february or march, and it's gonna be WOZ or Hobbit, or I might wait if something else promising has been announced.

Woz was my Grail, and it's a masterpiece. I have more fun playing hobbit though. Either will be great.

#293 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm really going to be disappointed if toystory doesn't have full assets. I still have faith in jjp making the best game possible, but hobbit assets set the bar pretty high imo.

#318 8 months ago

I'm actually good with just 1 new title every 9 months to a year. I don't see the need to squeeze two out per year. I'd rather see one and have it in production within a month of release. Gives more time to save up anyways.

1 month later
#611 7 months ago

I would be all over a gnr and the rest of these rumored games. Seriously look forward to every jjp release more than anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside