210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't know nothing but people have been rumoring and posting that the next JJP games are in this order Toy story, Guns N roses, and Willy Wonka.

Rumor also has it that Toy Story pin development was delayed because the movie was delayed. If JJP can use the movie assets, then they likely have to wait a period of time after the movie is released in late June to get some of those assets. Toy Story isn't going to be the next one. Someone in another thread posted that Jack told them in Texas that the license was too expensive for JJP. So ... that one has some rumors both ways. Wonka and GNR have some pretty strong rumors and coincidences.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They have sold 1700-2000 di pins... i doubt they wld retheme it as none of those owners wld purchase one.

There are a lot of repeat customers for JJP. Agree with you. They would lose at least 30% of those sales.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't recall the source, but I think they shared some sales numbers a few weeks ago.

Whoever gets a new pin can just look at the number stamped on the playfield. Jack showed me last summer that the stamped number ... on the playfield, not the plaque, is a sequential number for the production line.

#74 5 years ago

If they make Toy Story and use assets from the next movie, it would not go into production until the fall. The spring reveal and production start would be Wonka or GNR.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

WOZ is done the games in the hands of distributors are the last WOZ

Not according to Jack himself.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Will they reveal at TPF.

95% yes ... if no road blocks pop up.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

When can we supposed to know about JJP#5?

Probably not until TPF in March

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don't think the higher price is their issue honestly. It's manufacturing time. I personally have loved all the themes they have, and especially love the ones coming. I think they need to reveal a pin, and ship it within a month of reveal like stern. It would only take holding the next game back a bit until it's fully ready to get on that schedule. Probably and hopefully that's why no expo reveal this year.
I like jjp games better than anything else, so I really want to see them get things booming so they can thrive in a competitive industry. I can't afford even one game a year regardless of which company, but I think a new jjp every year ready to ship at release is best for them currently.

I think that is what they are doing this time around. The down side is that some prototype pins don't get played by just "mediocre" type players for a few thousand times to test things out very thoroughly for durability before production. Therefore, I volunteer to be a secret prototype tester for them and give them lots of feedback. I'll even do it for free and guarantee several games played per day. [full disclosure - I am a Test Engineer for vehicles for "my day job" and have to test things with prototype vehicles ... so I'm qualified.]

I'm going to need a bigger house soon if JJP pumps out more pins per year than they are now and keep up with their great designs and code.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

If they don't have the audio and video assets for toystory, I'll be even more disappointed than I was after seeing the Starwars play field. I'm sure they'll have full assets for Wonka just like they had for woz. After potc, I'm worried about toystory.

Maybe Pixar will make some special pinball animations for it since they were already in the mode. Just make a 3 second extra ball scene ... why not?

3 weeks later
#243 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I can see stern doing this with kapow’s licensing and franchi’s artwork, where they don’t do a reskin (like beetles). It makes lot of sense to me.
But here’s hoping JJP gets after it with a wide body treatment!

Jack told my wife and i that he wanted a standard body with no upper playfield on JJPOTC. Super glad and happy that Eric was able to persuade JJP management to go big. Guessing it will be a standard.

2 weeks later
#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If the rumors are true, they NEED to release Toy story next. Toy Story 4 comes out in a few months and from a marketing and sales standpoint- it needs to be next. Hopefully they will make a smart business decision and will have a way to market the pin alongside the movies release.

They wouldn't be able to sell a Toy Story pin until a period of time after the movie release if they use assets from the new movie. JJP5 will be in production before that.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Why? Video games, books and toys will be released simultaneously with the movie and include all the new movies assets. Why couldn’t this work with pinball? It only makes sense to release as close to the movies release date as possible to maximize media coverage and profit

The movie release is late June. JJP#5 (Wonka) will be announced and in production before that. Guessing that Toy Story licensing would allow the assets to be revealed after July for a fall reveal. JJP might not even "receive" some of the Toy Story movie assets to use until June.

We will see what happens in Texas.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, but is there any basis behind the GNR rumor?

There are quite a few coincidences if the rumor is false.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-new-pin-speculation-thread

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think the thought process is that, with all the delays on Pirates, game #5 was further along in development and nearly ready. Hope so. With the DR delay I'd sure like to see Jersey Jack own the Texas Pinball Festival.

I think #6 is getting close too if the rumors are correct. Rumors from a few years ago was that JJP was working on a Toy Story pin and a pic of a spinner for it leaked or was falsely associated with it. Then the rumor that it got put on hold because the new movie was put on hold about 8 months before it's target for a year or two. So ... hypothetically, if that development was progressing that was partially done. As you stated, with the hold on JJPOTC early last year, I'm sure that they weren't just sitting around waiting for parts and were likely moving forward with Wonka and the modifications for WOZ YBR in the background. It should be an interesting year for the pinball industry.

1 month later
#443 5 years ago

Wonka is before Toy Story.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

ALL I KNOW IS THIS FOR A FACT.....
THIS WIILL BE THE POWDER COATED DOOR DESIGN FOR WILLY WONKA COLLECTORS EDITION.
ITS A PROTOTYPE AND I AM SO CONFIDENT, I HAD MINE FRAMED.
well...I can dream ..cant.I, Is that.not what the movie is about? Dreams that come true.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's definitely a keepsake to hold onto.

2 weeks later
#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Allentown Pinfest is probably one of the closest shows to JJP headquarters. JJP - give Allentown some love and do the Willy Wonka reveal at that show!

The office with the designers and coders is near Chicago. That is probably considered more engineering "headquarters". Production is in NJ. So MGC announcement?

3 weeks later
#1255 5 years ago

Jack said WOZ was on the mini production line. The main line is being converted now for the next new game.

#1302 5 years ago

The trolls are sure out this weekend.

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

2 days without any WW news or unfounded opinions?

A couple of other threads started up on it. You're missing out.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I forget, how much is a Stern wide body for comparison?

Last summer at Pinburgh/Replay FX, Gary said in his presentation that they would never make a wide body again … so we will never know if he continues to hold true to that word. By no means am I defending delt31, but ONE of a few reasons he listed was that they cost more to make. Tournament champs don't like wide body pins and they are designing most of the Stern games now - so fast, shorter, brutal standard size games, and super duper secret combo shots for high points for the tourney players is their recent pattern.

Me, personally … I like the JJP wide bodies and they are my favorites. (TZ is pretty good too.) I was a little disappointed that DI was a standard. Still bought one though. Jack told me last summer that they want to steer their designers more toward standard bodies. Pat's designs seem to be sticking to that. I hope Toy Story and the wildly rumored Harry Potter are wide bodies. Just my $20K contribution value to the conversation …

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.