210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Willy Wonka designed by Pat Lawlor sounds like an incredible pin

No matter how good the game without a price cut the game will fail.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

WoZ has got to be carrying that company, and there's only so many you can sell before the market for that theme is saturated.

WOZ is done the games in the hands of distributors are the last WOZ

#86 5 years ago

Three WOZ have been made all LE games for a total of 4000 I believe if they are still building games it is with little demand as the first 1000 games sold back in 2011

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems very unlikely since Jack has repeatedly referred to WoZ as his "evergreen" license and he just renewed it again 2 years ago. Isn't there a Yellow Brick Road edition about to hit? Maybe you got it confused with Hobbit. Hobbit IS done.

If a fourth edition comes out that will change things

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The demand is slower, hence the jacked up price. $9500 for a woz is steep considering the in demand pricing was $6500-7500

I have said that over and over I believe if they do not cut prices they are done

1 week later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Harry Potter would be the perfect theme for a jjp game.

No more so then TH and it took quite some time for that game to see the love it gets now

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

JJ was working on several titles while working on Pirates. I'm betting you will start to see at least 2 games a year from here on out

The first year JJP said that you said ok and gave him the benefit of the dought. The second year JJP said he will build 2 a year he was given the benefit of the dought. Year three and beyond you laugh and roll your eye JJP is not anywhere neer getting two games a year out

1 month later
#288 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in the same boat. Really want potc, but if toy story or Wonka is announced at tpf I'll probably regret not waiting to decide. I can only barely afford one, so it's probably something I should wait and see. I don't however want to wait another year before they would ship game 5, so it's a tough call.

Why do you feel the need to get the next big hit when you can go out and choose from game 1,2,3 or 4

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

If just for a few callouts most actors are doable but Tom Hanks "woody" don't kid your self even Tim Allen "buzz" posable https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114709/fullcredits

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think what a bunch of people don't realize is when you're a new company you learn things as you go

Jan 2 of 2011 Jack announced he would be producing WOZ that makes JJP 8 yr's old hardly a new company

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm actually good with just 1 new title every 9 months to a year. I don't see the need to squeeze two out per year. I'd rather see one and have it in production within a month of release. Gives more time to save up anyways.

I agree I think 2 or more a yr at JJP price range limited buyers and you would cannibalize sales

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

To the person who said JJ isn't a young company at 8 years I would totally disagree. They worked on WOZ, had all those problems the game is listed as coming out in 2013. From there it took another 3 years 2016 to release Hobbit, then Dialed in 2017 and Pirates late in 2018.
The longest gap between games was the first to the second and the second longest is 3rd to the 4th.
A company is plenty young at 8 years when you're trying to learn the ropes of mass production. I think anyone in the manufacturing industry would tell you even 10 plus years in they're still trying to streamline.
I think you missed the point totally... JJ is still learning. Stern is still learning but they're way behind all of their competition.
The point is that these other companies are just now getting their legs under them and you'll see more product from them faster.
This will happen based on all of their mistakes in the past.

JJP took money from people early 2011 it's 8 yrs old. and no that is not plenty young the new company crap is only brought up when an excuse is needed for an issue

2 weeks later
#339 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Stern service that kind of completely generic Hollywood franchise perfectly well

Yet JJP puts out POTC funny stuff

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yep, original. Deppwould be a bad choice for sure and kill most all sales. His mug on POTC has hurt sales of that machine (no fault of JJP, as his negative stuff hit after machine release). I know people who were going to buy and then seeing Depp on artwork and after all his negative press as of late, canceled.

LOL How could anyone think that Depp would not be on the POTC art and if he were not people would bitch about that

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I actually like that JJP gives you the whole game at all trim levels, and if you pencil out the jump from Standard to LE, the parts are worth pretty much the difference in price. They aren't bending you over for a nicely-appointed machine.

The issue is every $500 in price increase there are a large number of sales losses starting $8500 when Stern and CGC can be had under $6000 is killing them

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I’ve had it on location along with a MMR so it’s interesting to compare their relative earnings. Over a time period of 12 months, DI has earnt 59% more than MMR. There was no doubt a bit of the curiosity factor early on drove coin drop and over the last 6 months the gap has closed to 16%. But it’s still beating the number 1 rated game most months after a year.

How has it done verse licensed themes

1 week later
#592 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You may not have been around a few years ago.
Leaked info that has since proved correct - i.e that Dialled In was title of next game etc.
Toy Story, POTC were also mentioned.
TS is as certain as you can get in the pinball world.

Don't forget every one called BS on the DI leak they said no way is the theme that lame so calling BS on a leak is not new

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Literally, Kaneda confirmed this morning what JJPs plans are. Short episode literally posted this morning. Literally.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

His enthusiasm did not appear to come off as “hey, I heard from some guy”, it sounded like he was 100% confident in what he was telling us.
Time will tell for sure.

much of the info in the short ep 314 comes from the talk with a distributor ep 313

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

POTC... fact. Doesn't change the fact the game is awesome and probably the best pinball game ever made.

I will never understand how nearly every game JJP put out is the greatest game ever made I have head this over and over for WOZ DI and POTC

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking it will be a HUGE hit for JJP.

I think DI and POTC were not hits because of price not because of theme or toys it is that there are a limited number of buyers at $9500. without a cut in price JJP will never see a game hit 3500 or more in sales again. For those of you who are going to bring up the $8500 model look at the pinside owners JJP collectors do not want the $8500 model

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think people are making the assumption

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would disagree that POTC wasn't a hit.

I agree you are making a assumption on POTC being a hit

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

what you consider a "hit"

If DI or POTC sold out the LE or CE games

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It looks like they want to step things up to two new games a year. They have the main assembly line and the small one they made more WOZ's on.
Now if you keep that main line going all year long. Instead of stop and go like happened with the delays for Hobbit, Dialed in, and Pirates. You keep your trained employees and not lose them and have to retrain new ones.
Quality goes up. Production goes up. No long delays between games. And they have in the past made more WOZ's and Hobbits. So any current or future title could be run again, if they want. And that would be easier with a trained assembly staff that is always available.
That is what it looks like to me, and strictly my opinion. I can't look out the door of my office in NJ and see what is happening.
Or you keep making Pirates, delay the next game until fall, or later. And maybe another new title in 2020 ?
At some point you bite the bullet if you want to gear up for the future. Pirates may be a temporary or permanent victim of that. Only time will tell.
Jersey Jack Pinball definitely wants to make more, and better games. And will continue to do so.
LTG : )

With all the talk of how smart it was to take a long time as long as you get it right then best game ever made it is a hit stop production after six months for the next game because it might sell well

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If they are sold out, why can I buy one today from so many distributors? Do you mean they built the entire number of LEs projected and they are in distributor warehouses where not sold? The entire run will sell out for sure, especially now that it is feeling more limited.

The irony is that JJP not selling them anymore does not mean the whole 2500 sold it they are no longer selling them. The yellow brick road edition means the prior edition sold out.

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys not understanding the appeal of another GnR game.... Here's the answer. Jjp is brilliant for doing it.

You must be joking of all band games done in the last 20 yr they are the least popular and I would not call any band game brilliant but then I bet you think every JJP game is the GOAT

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

.I do believe every jjp game is GOAT.

hqdefault-1 (resized).jpghqdefault-1 (resized).jpg
#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think any theme will sell much more than 2000 units at $10k or more.

LOL wow 2000 is generous

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

that's what I said at 7K! Then 7.5....8...etc. Obviously we'll have to wait and see though.

If you look at Pinside ownership of JJP games as prices have gone up ownership has gone down.

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just another ignorant remark from you. We all know you have a distaste for jjp whether it's their themes or their prices. Just move. It's really starting to get old.

It is not an opinion it is a Pinside statistic

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, KingPinGames is right, you bash JJP every chance you get. Why constantly bash and question everything they do?
Honestly I wonder if there's still some Stern loyalists out there that are pissed JJP came into existence and made games that feature at least double the number of features and code depth compared to Stern games. If that's the case they shouldn't be pissed at JJP but rather Stern for raising their prices, including less and lowering quality.

It is a post like this that make me wish Pinside was more like FB and did not just have the up and down vote as your post would get a laughing emoji

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're even slower in the head than I thought. Well done.

I find it funny you think that as if that's what you get from a classic funny pic like that it makes me think you may ride the short bus

1 week later
#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think jjp will make a pin for a round 7000 to compete with Stern . Maybe lose the big screen and have a smaller LCD similar to monster bash remake , strip back some Playfield toys but still have a deep code jjp are known for.

I don't think it will happen but it would be the best thing JJP could do a three way race Stern CGC JJP now that would help the buyer

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Long term I don't think JJP can survive on only making $9k+ pins.

I have said this several time yet Panzer you always give a list of reasons that I am wrong lol

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

stern does absolutely zero innovating,

LAMO TH has drop target innovation lol and KISS has the ball crawl up the wall yet Stern has no innovation

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

No ball limits you can keep playing just like a video game until you win

Wow that's not pinball JJP might as well make virtual pin games

Quoted from drfrightner:

The pinball community needs Jersey Jack more than they need Deep Root or Spooky or any of the others. Jersey Jack catches the most flack because they're not Stern but at the same time the closest thing of a real possible contender. Stern will only change when pushed, and sorry but Spooky isn't going to get there. Chicago Gaming has a shoot because they learned a lot from Stern. Jersey Jack is the industry game changer, but at the same time they need to sell more games, and be more profitable.

Wrong JJP catches flack because the loyal followers of JJP act like their shit don't stink and trash other manufactures

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The 11 drop targets in The Hobbit are independently controlled and are used in a ton of interesting ways throughout the games 30+ modes.
The KISS ball crawl feature is cool but is used so rarely which is the problem with nearly all Stern premium / LE features. Since Stern chooses to keep the rulesets nearly identical between pros and premiums / LE's it limits the use of extra features on the higher end models. The moving Slimer mech is Ghostbusters premium / LE is another example. It moves all over the playfield but are there rules to use it any differently then in the pro? No. Same goes for the mini playfield in ACDC premium / LE. It's used for a couple modes and contains very few rules.
JJP puts the extra time and effort into coding the hell out of their mechs, Stern often seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to creating code for their premium / LE mechs.

I know what makes the drops innovation that is the type of thing JJP should re-use if you look at the post I quoted re-using was talked about

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That is totally ridiculous comment. I own Stern games, Chicago Gaming and Jersey Jack. I doubt there are many people who own just Jersey Jack. Stern has issues, I bought a brand new Munster LE, the shooter isn't centered after spending 9k but the real issue is the playfield has fallen into the cabinet like 8 times, we had to take it totally out and fix it.
I will say however outside of Munsters I've never had a problem with a Stern game. I trust them 110%. On the other hand I like Jersey Jack's better because of the theming, innovation, bigger screens, etc. If I was strictly a tournament player I'd go for Sterns, if I was a home collector my first choice would be a game based on the theme you like or something that looks like a collector game: Jersey Jack.
I think collector games are also hard to find games like CV, TZ, TOTAN, etc.
But Jersey Jack games in my opinion are instant collector games which is why I like them. I can freely admit right now I don't play my Wizard of Oz anymore, but I still wouldn't sell it . I play my Batman 66 every chance I get. Two different games two different approaches.
You can like all games for different reasons. The only company I won't buy a game from is Spooky because I think their games do not look good. But all the other companies American Pinball Houdini looks great, Big Lebowski, Aliens love them all which I could get them.
I would probably trade my WOZ for an Aliens or Big Lebowski its not about company its about the game itself.

I see the innovation in WOZ but do not see it in other JJP titles what are the innovations in POTC

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Lets start with WOZ... that changed the entire industry. No game before it had full blown TV's in them, complete movie clips, two upper playfields, amazing artwork, complete LED and the list goes on and on... what other game created back in 2013 is still being made today due to demand for it? None! This single game created the whole LE market.
Dialed In: First game with an ap, camera's which take your picture, connection on the front to plug in headphones straight from the factory. Forget about the amazing graphics they created, no one has ever done that before. With Dialed In they didn't use movie clips they created all that stuff from scratch.
Hobbit was the first game ever to feature a SCREEN under the glass so you had a screen above and below the glass. The integration of graphics and movie clips was on a level never before seen.
Pirates all original shots, first ever moving upper playfield, video cameras, never before has someone used a screen to give you directions for the game, prior and still its just a paper card.
Lets not forget all the amazing code out of the box... I love my Batman 66 but it took years to get the code with JJ its out of the box.

DI JJP best game with fewer primary modes than the first two games then having bob secondary modes. The Bob mode kill the game for me you feel selfy mode is innovation that and emoji mode just reminds me the game is about a phone.

TH was the first to have an LCD screen under glass but DMD games had DMD screens under glass innovation meh

POTC not the first ever moving playfield

Code out of box TH was not highly spoken of for quite some time till code was polished

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly it will be MORE expensive, so maybe they have some new mechs in it to make it even crazier? I can't imagine how...

No $9500 to $9999 game will ever be a hit even if it is GOAT

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

A lot of talk about JJP costs... we get it, they aren’t shy w pricing. Thankfully many options exist from AP, Stern, CGC, Spooky etc. 2019 will see many releases and I for one can not afford or have space for every new pin. Great options exist outside of JJP so if you aren’t interested in paying their prices you can pass. We are fortunate to have so many choices w new themes and mechs.
While JJP not cheap by virtually any measure have you seen the LOTR, BBB, and other older pins on the marketplace? Prices seem high across the board.
I am in for Wonka and look forward to the reveal and delivery!

You are trying to compare JJP prices to LOTR prices funny stuff https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/lord-of-the-rings/market

#1270 5 years ago

Greenandwhite if CV gets remade by CGC if will be around $6500 $3000 less then JJP. The high prices of JJP are what hurts themselves

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Maybe so but LE 8k plus. I was speaking to the older games like LOTR NIB on the market for $15k or shopped versions of TAF or AF etc. Prices high across the board, good thing we have options.
To compare stripped down Stern Pro or base model CGC not an apples to apples comparison.
Bring on WW!

So you want to compare JJP game to a NIB game you can't play without the value dropping if half that's funny. TAF prices get a clue https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/addams-family/market

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

How many can afford to pull $200K to $300K out of their ass for an Aston Martin, Ferrari, or McLaren? And yet more of those are sold every year than any of Jack's "overpriced" pinball machines.
Everyone has their own passion and their own limitations on what they're willing to spend in pursuit of happiness. I have family and friends who waste more money chasing a little white ball into a hole every year than I will ever spend on a new pinball machine.

Listening to people trying to justify JJP prices after each price increase gets funnier and funnier

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least it's funny. Stern's ridiculous cost reductions are cutting bone now and their prices are still increasing. Same idea, less funny reality.

In the last 7 years Stern $4200 now $5200-$5600 JJP $6500 now for the same game minus the best toy $11,500

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You left out the cost-reduction part of that equation. They've taken at least half that price inflation additionally out of the cost side by cost-reducing the crap out of their releases, even the LE's which should be the "deluxe" machines.
Plus street price, you could get the original release Stern Spiderman which is essentially equal to a Premium build for $3300 that's now more than double that street AND much crappier build quality. 100% price increase in 10 years. Jack's still less than 100% in 8 years, IF $11,500 is for ALL pins and not just TBRWOZ. I tend to think it's an R rating fakeout.

So do tell how has Stern cut cost since AC/DC and how has JJP games gotten better since WOZ

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You left out the cost-reduction part of that equation. They've taken at least half that price inflation additionally out of the cost side by cost-reducing the crap out of their releases, even the LE's which should be the "deluxe" machines.
Plus street price, you could get the original release Stern Spiderman which is essentially equal to a Premium build for $3300 that's now more than double that street AND much crappier build quality. 100% price increase in 10 years. Jack's still less than 100% in 8 years, IF $11,500 is for ALL pins and not just TBRWOZ. I tend to think it's an R rating fakeout.

You try and justify comparing a 2007 SM to today's premium the Munsters the most recent game with the second playfield you want to compare a SM to it please. If you want to go $3300 to $5400 but being that CE gameplay no different then LE games we should compare $6500 to $12,500

#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is JJP has not cost reduced in any noticible way, while Stern has cost reduced the cabinet wood, playfields, plastics, brackets, electronics, power supply, translites, pretty much no area has gone untouched. You don't need specifics - 2019 Sterns are noticibly lighter than 2010 Sterns. I know, I move them all the time.

So how did they cheep on plastics playfields ect be specific. Now when you look at JJP games after Woz no uper playfields till POTC and how did that go. A game about a phone and before you try and tell me it is a disaster game explain selfie mode and emoje mode. Molded figures on pops getting fewer main toys being a rehash popup trolls no more monkey JJP is cost cutting time to admit it

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We’ve gone way off topic now because of the troll.

LOL this thread has been more about POTC then WW for weeks now

2 weeks later
#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda mentioned that Pat Lawlor is going back and tweaking some things on the game, and said that the version they played is not the final production version. He made it sound like the ramp(s) wide and may be narrowed a bit.

If they are still tweaking the game than a May delivery is off the table

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.