210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#827 5 years ago

Sounds like CGC is going to be competing against JJP at Texas Pinball festival with retread game announcements. Who will win the battle?

1 week later
#946 5 years ago

JJP has milked the hell out of WOZ, because it sells. There's no way JJPOTC is a GOAT game if they are pulling the plug in March. I think it's obviously an OK game so far. Owners seem to love it. Never making JJPOTC again makes no sense and is just manufactured hype to get some more sales in on a machine with lack luster sales figures to date. If there is still demand 6 months from now, you can bet they will do another batch. So if you like the game, buy it. But don't buy it on emotion because you think they will be disappearing for good already.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

anyone know when they're going to reveal the next unknown game

Texas Pinball Festival March 22nd-24th.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I thought TPF was for WOZYBR. Not sure when the next unknown release will be revealed.

You are right...I forgot about the eleventeenth version of WOZ coming first.

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet you speculate again.
They still have to complete the remainder of the POTC games and then get the line ready for Wonka. Lawlor won't allow it to be a shit show with his name on it.
I agree that they can't/won't make the same mistakes of the past, that's why Wonka won't be at TPF.
BUT, i bet they show a mini preview of the game!

Are you the new gatekeeper and spokesman for JJP now? Do you have some personal relationship with Pat Lawlor or other people making decisions at JJP? Or are you just talking out our ass again?

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yeah, I’m the new F ing spokesman. How about that?

Wasn't on TWIP, so it didn't happen!

1 week later
#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think jjp will make a pin for a round 7000 to compete with Stern . Maybe lose the big screen and have a smaller LCD similar to monster bash remake , strip back some Playfield toys but still have a deep code jjp are known for.

The screen size isn't really a big cost from what I understand.

#1134 5 years ago

JJP needs to get their manufacturing out of NJ and into a state with cheaper labor, taxes and real estate costs. Even if they do not lower their prices, it would help make them more financially viable. Assembly-only light manufacturing like this is pretty easy to move, relatively speaking. I don't imagine they have a lot of custom fit-out in their building after seeing video of their tours.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Mexico? If They do then others will point to that say JJP is unamerican

Nah, you can go as close as PA, the south or even the midwest and save quite a bit on labor, taxes, etc. It is no coincidence that many of the major auto manufacturers have moved to the southern states over the high COL states in the upper mid west.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Moving your operations from the American north to the American south is just pit stop on the way to Mexico. It’s corporate greed at its finest. Of course,pin manufacturers already pay a slave wage so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway. I remember when someone posted a job posting for JJP. It was for something like $9.50/hr. for the tedious job of putting a pinball machine together. If JJP isn’t profitable on those wages, it probably doesn’t deserve to exist anyway.

Was that JJP's hiring, or a temp firm hiring temp workers for assembly like work? That sounds a lot like temporary unskilled labor wages in these parts.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What JJP really needs is a second shift of workers. Keep that production line humming 16 hours a day (maybe one with new games and one with older titles - I think I read they have 2 production lines?

That only works if you have steady sales, and the ability (money) to hire more management (overhead) to oversee the second shift operation so quality doesn't suffer. I don't think JJP has the sales volume to justify that. If you do not have the sales, then you are just going to yo-yo your workers and have to lay them off every couple weeks. That is not how you keep decent semi-skilled workers around. If you read between the lines, it seems like some JJPOTC quality problems are a result of some unskilled labor pains. I don't think even Stern runs a second shift...do they?

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

No, the have proven night shifts are never as productive as day. You only run night shifts if you need to keep equipment running 24/7 to maximize its output.

I disagree with this statement. In the 24 hour manufacturing facilities I have been involved with, the off shifts tend to produce more per man-hour due to not being micro-managed to death by the daytime salaried employees trying to justify their jobs. Productivity depends a lot on workplace culture, and what acronym of the month upper management is trying to shove their way to make it look like they did something this year. (LSS, KanBan, Lean, etc)

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Very true.... I agree w/ this statement..

I think a lot of it has to do with a super aggressive release schedule. They don't have the time to bake them all the way.

1 week later
#1278 5 years ago

JJP should try dipping their toes in on a game at the $6500 price point and see what happens. I think they could deal some damage to Stern if they can find a way to out-feature Stern at this price point and not got bankrupt.

#1354 5 years ago

I wonder how many YBR's are left? Any distributors actually sell any yet?

1 week later
#1657 5 years ago

While I really hope BK winds up being a great game, part of me really wants to see some of the cocky folks at Stern humbled a bit on Friday when Wonka drops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 91.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.